Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Tigers trounce Pies. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenny wrote:
^ I don't agree about Toovey. That leaves us with Goldsack who I think is useless.

Toovey for me, other than Bob, is pretty much our last running defender and I think we need him. His disposal isn't great, but he's far from our worst.

NAME ONE WORSE THAN HIM???

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:12 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Out:Frost
In:Brown

Out:Toovey
In:Seedsman

Out:Blair
In:Kennedy

Out:Maynard
In:Scharenberg

One more change for mine, make it five, we bring in our big monster Yank
Cox, unleash the beast, hes been starring in the magoos, his size alone might scare the pussies, its worth a shot now. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:43 pm

yes, give Cox a game - why not, nothing to lose
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Disappointing day. Worst performance this year.

very few positives, but it exposes weaknesses that can be worked on - and who needs to be traded away.

I want a team of Buckleys.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:26 pm

As far as beltings go, that was a pretty honourable one Very Happy.

I think the scoreboard was actually not a fair reflection of the performance. We weren't thrashed in general play, not even close (+9 inside 50s only -4 clearances, +5 tackles) and the scoreboard only got really ugly late. Our defense without Brown really did struggle though. Not sure it was a good idea playing both Marsh and Maynard in defense and leaving the inexperienced Frost and Langdon as the leaders.

So obviously not a good day but the sort that can come about when a team "has nothing to play for". Nothing new learned from it that we didn't already know.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:41 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
As far as beltings go, that was a pretty honourable one Very Happy.

I think the scoreboard was actually not a fair reflection of the performance. We weren't thrashed in general play, not even close (+9 inside 50s only -4 clearances, +5 tackles) and the scoreboard only got really ugly late. Our defense without Brown really did struggle though. Not sure it was a good idea playing both Marsh and Maynard in defense and leaving the inexperienced Frost and Langdon as the leaders.

So obviously not a good day but the sort that can come about when a team "has nothing to play for". Nothing new learned from it that we didn't already know.

Voice of reason as usual, Inkling. Roll on next year when the next chapter will take up the plot again.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Quote:
22. Steele Sidebottom
Statistics:22 kicks, 10 handballs, 32 disposals, 11 marks, 5 inside 50s.Playing in his 141st game for the Collingwood Football Club, Sidebottom finished with yet another 30-plus possession game. For the second week running the midfielder won disposals at will, finishing with 32 touches. 25 of these touches came in the middle of the ground as the 24-year-old looked to be the crucial link in the chain on a number of forward drives. Ever the reliable user of the ball, he finished with a disposal efficiency of 78.1 per cent and kicked the ball at 77 per cent accuracy. In addition to a solid contribution with his feet, Sidebottom also possessed strong hands against the Tigers. His 11 marks was the second highest total of his career, trailing only a display of 12 grabs against North Melbourne in round five, 2014.

Actually I was not super Impressed in Steele’s Game. Lot was UnContested Stuff and I felt his Kicking lacked Damage and was lot of Short Kicks.

That is my Thought Though and Mine alone

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-24/vote-who-was-valiant-at-the-g

ApplesKuwait 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:21 pm
Post subject: Re Rohan Connolly's comments in The Age todayReply with quote

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2015-maybe-it-really-is-anyones-flag-20150823-gj5vht.html
Thanks Rohan for putting Pendles' words in perspective.
The same old same old here as in "Collingwood Magpies on FB".
Unacceptable performance on Sat? Yes.
Calls for Bucks's resignation? Typically short-sighted knee-jerk reactions.
Calls for Pendles to be removed as Skipper? Really, have we come to this?
Microwaving Memberships as Richmond supporters were doing just two years ago? Typical.
Will they get better? Yes.
Do we need patience? Yes.
Do we expect miracles over night? Yes.
Should we all just shut up immediately after the game? Definitely.
Do some of you need a frontal lobotomy? Please pass the scalpel!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
yes, give Cox a game - why not, nothing to lose

and a Good News Story after a Terrible 2nd Half of the Year with only 1 win

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 am

Only positive was Levi Greenwood. Thought he was excellent.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:30 am

Culprit wrote:
I've tried to find the topic about where everyone expected the team to finish. It would be interesting to view that again.

I picked us to finish between 9 - 12 and got flamed by the usual suspects. BTW, they have been very quiet lately... Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:01 am

Piesnchess wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Out:Frost
In:Brown

Out:Toovey
In:Seedsman

Out:Blair
In:Kennedy

Out:Maynard
In:Scharenberg

One more change for mine, make it five, we bring in our big monster Yank
Cox, unleash the beast, hes been starring in the magoos, his size alone might scare the pussies, its worth a shot now. Idea

"Starring" is a ridiculous over-statement. He got some goals in the last game after the match was killed as a contest (when he lined up for his first shot at goal, the score was 115 to 42). He's developing nicely but I wouldn't be looking for him to kick any bags in the seniors, just yet.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
WarenrraW wrote:
A big collective boo and f*** you to he Collingwood football club today for your pathetic inept and heartless performance. Made to look like a bunch of plodders and list cloggers, incapable of giving 100% for the club and Its fans. Buckley needs to be publicly shamed as do he players. Can't remember the last time we were this bad. In fact we seem to be getting worse by the week. Same culprits same mistakes and same useless game plan. Come on bucks spin us something. Young developing team my arse. More like useless and clueless. Hang your heads in shame pies.

The only people who deserve to be publicly shamed are the umpires who officiated the game today. But if it makes you happy by slandering the greatest player who played for our club and is busting his guts to make us a better team, then go for it.

Not much of a memory, either.

This in 2011 was, in the scheme of things, a bit of a downer:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2011/040920110902.html

Remember this one in 2009? Guess what happened the following year:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2009/041520090511.html

Really, folks, get a grip. Collingwood is playing for nothing and Richmond is playing for a top four spot for the first time in 137 years.

Anyway, I think you might find that Derek, rather than Bucks, is in charge of the submarine, at the moment - the standing instruction is, of course, "Dive, dive, dive!"

Yep Collingwood is playing for nothing is even worse than what I said. Not even for pride. No heart no desire no passion to stop the rot and salvage something from the season. I stand by my words. These guys are on big money and playing and coaching the biggest club in the land. That I'm afraid comes with expectation. I like many others on here expect more than the tripe served up today.

Look, I think you may be in the minority there. Most of us are very pleased with what's happening because we enjoy the team losing and don't want them winning flags.
Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:11 am

Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I've tried to find the topic about where everyone expected the team to finish. It would be interesting to view that again.

I picked us to finish between 9 - 12 and got flamed by the usual suspects. BTW, they have been very quiet lately... Rolling Eyes

waaaa. c'mon lazza, stop with your woe is me "i get flamed" comments. you have been around this forum long enough to know what goes on.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
McMonkey wrote:
Like everyone, it's a disappointing loss to put it mildly. Sorry I'm not buying this, 'we had nothing to play for today' excuse so hence a 91 point drubbing. Do St Kilda have anything to play for tonight against Geelong? Guess what - they are having a go.

I'm also not buying the 'well Matlhouse and Matthew's had days like this' excuse either. Neither of those two inherited a team that finished on top of the ladder 2 years in a row, won a GF and only lost 3 games all season the year before they took over. Buckley inherited arguably the best list in the comp.

I'm also not buying the 'we are spoilt' mentality, Hawthorn are spoilt, Geelong over the last ten years, Sydney and Brisbane of the modern era. 2 Grand finals in 57 years is not spoilt. Sure we have had far more success than St Kilda, the Bulldogs and Melbourne over the last 50 or so years but we are not, St Kilda, the Bulldogs or Melbourne - we are COLLINGWOOD.

'The most famous sporting club in the country', 'The biggest club in the land' - we are talked up to be the biggest and best, we talk ourselves up but deliver very very little. Gary Pert before we played Freo Rd 1 2014 - a GF in 3 years, Ed, the start of this season - we can sneak a GF. Plain delusion, as usual talking ourselves up, delivering very little.

The succession plan - I thought a succession plan was supposed to - wait for it - deliver SUCCESS?! The plan was to rejuvenate the team around the stars of Cloke, Sidebottom, Swan, Pendles and Reid. That aint going to happen, I think we have some real good young talent, but they will not be peaking until Swan, Cloke, Pendles and Reid are gone from the game.

Can anyone else think of a GF team that has lost as many GF players as us? Beams, Harry, Dawes, Thomas, Shaw, Wellingham? The young players we have bought into the side, as I said, I think are very talented but trading/losing all these players means we have a small group of good mature talent, good young talent and nothing in between.

I don't necessarily think we have to get rid of Buckley, though he should only be given 1 more year to get us back into the 8, but his appointment has been a disaster, we will not win a GF while we still have any remnants of the 2010 team on our list, which is what he was hired to do, he has spoken about building a dynasty - a Collingwood where supporters do not have to wait 20 or 32 years in between success - he said this at the Copeland last year.

Talking pipe dreams of a dynasty sounds great but we are at least 3 years away from being a contender/top 4 team - with everything going right and it must be everything - we wont have Swan in 3 years, or possibly Cloke and Pendles will be 30.

We are building a good young list that might deliver one day in the future - it might, it might not.

Moore, DeGoey, Scharenberg, Marsh, Elliot, Frost, Langdon, Broomhead, Grundy are all very talented but these blokes are all years off being able to shoulder the burden to win games for us and we are dreaming if we think they could do that in finals any time soon, if ever at all.

The fact is, Ed and Bucks have pi$$ed away the talent and success from 2010 and 2011 to put us back in the pack with no more a certain path to success over any other club we are fighting it out against.

We have no choice but to hang tough and support the team but we should never sit back and accept this current mediocrity - NEVER.

By the way, the umpires today were flat out cheats, they should be hog tied, paraded around the CBD and have tomatoes pelted at them, which would be a waste of tomatoes.

Best list in the comp? That's rubbish. By the end of 2011, we had a decent first 20 - 25 players and after that actually nothing. Have a look back at the list, if you think that's an exaggeration.

Wasting your time, it's been argued to death but people are going to believe what they want, irrespective of the facts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: