Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Tigers trounce Pies. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Toovey is finished, reckon he cost us 4 goals at least today through poor disposal alone, if he plays again I'll spew.

Maynard will be alright I reckon but he's a way off ATM, that front on contact free he gave away in the 3rd was dumb as dog shit.

Cloke has regressed at an alarming rate, he offers nothing off the ball and he's lost his marking strength, he isn't a smart forward, not sure what we're going to do with him TBH, he deserves to be dropped.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Just hope we pick young American Cox next week, his performance in the VFL, five goals today, has been excellent, he must come in now, we have nothing too lose now, and he kicks GOALS !

Why Not. Friday Night game means nothing to Pies.

He can Kick Straight for Goal

malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:19 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
I walked out early, but listened on the way home. I was happy with the overall effort today. Kids did try and are in a learning phase. Bucks was trying to experiment with different game plans and this was obvious. People who think today was pathetic or feel Bucks should be sacked are traitors to Collingwood and should be booted out of the Club. We are playing for draft picks which is a legitimate strategy. Wake up!

Bucks is the best coach of his generation going around. We are lucky to have him and he will produce results. Give him time. MM had ten years, so Bucks is entitled to another six years before we review his position. That is what Ed appointed him for. The champion coach of the new generation.

The last thing the Club needs now is fans complaining about lack of on field success. Fans like this have no right. You don't own the Club. It is a private company. You can get stuffed! Go and follow another team if you are not happy. Ed is President for life and Bucks the same. Fans who keep wingeing can piss off.

Today was a learning game. Richmond are a Premiership favourite. I expected today's result.

Well done Pies. Good try today.

Shocked One of your better posts Hiss, i agree with most of what you say, but i still think missing soda shots for goal is far and away, our biggest problem, and it must be solved by next season. Idea

totally agree, if they don't use every practice day to learn how to kick a footy I am not sure what practice is about. I actually watched the 2nds and the same problem also occurs. What is it that recruiters only focus on athletic rather than the basic skills or kicking. Its about time recruiters change the focus. It's not just us its everywhere. If a kid doesn't have %80 efficiency then don't recruit him, full stop.

selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm

So skills, decision making and goal kicking are Buck's fault?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:21 pm

malteaser wrote:
God please, how old are you all. So bloody typical of football supporters. Sort term memory loss and to bloody spoilt if you ask me. We have a great club and we are having a challenging time. So what always looking for quick fixes. No wonder opposition supporters hate our guts. We are so fortunate to support a team like the pies. I am 51 and although we have lost more GF than anyone else we basically make finals more often than not, not sure other supporters from teams like the saints can say the same thing. Stop being so bloody stupid all you doomsdayers

Spot on, i often wonder how these pea hearts would go supporting other teams, ie, the doggies last MADE A GF WAY BACK IN 1961, one flag, saints one flag, deees have not won a flag since Beatles toured australia, freo have no flags, been in comp for a long time now. Some of our fans are spoilt rotten, hell, ive seen us lose eleven grannies, win three, and im sticking fat. Unreal some of these young uns, want instant success outa what is essentially a bunch of kids, learning the caper. Hey, thats life, suck it up and get on with it, nothing comes easy, i can tell you all. We have only been belted once this season, today, can the dons say that, can the dees, saints, even North ?? Our real problem, is our far too inaccurate kicking for goal, fix that up, and we are on our way. Take a chill pill folks. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:23 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

malteaser wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
I walked out early, but listened on the way home. I was happy with the overall effort today. Kids did try and are in a learning phase. Bucks was trying to experiment with different game plans and this was obvious. People who think today was pathetic or feel Bucks should be sacked are traitors to Collingwood and should be booted out of the Club. We are playing for draft picks which is a legitimate strategy. Wake up!

Bucks is the best coach of his generation going around. We are lucky to have him and he will produce results. Give him time. MM had ten years, so Bucks is entitled to another six years before we review his position. That is what Ed appointed him for. The champion coach of the new generation.

The last thing the Club needs now is fans complaining about lack of on field success. Fans like this have no right. You don't own the Club. It is a private company. You can get stuffed! Go and follow another team if you are not happy. Ed is President for life and Bucks the same. Fans who keep wingeing can piss off.

Today was a learning game. Richmond are a Premiership favourite. I expected today's result.

Well done Pies. Good try today.

Shocked One of your better posts Hiss, i agree with most of what you say, but i still think missing soda shots for goal is far and away, our biggest problem, and it must be solved by next season. Idea

totally agree, if they don't use every practice day to learn how to kick a footy I am not sure what practice is about. I actually watched the 2nds and the same problem also occurs. What is it that recruiters only focus on athletic rather than the basic skills or kicking. Its about time recruiters change the focus. It's not just us its everywhere. If a kid doesn't have %80 efficiency then don't recruit him, full stop.

They can kick a footy. Just not under pressure yet and you don't get that intensity in a training session. It comes from game time and being fit so you're not too leg weary.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:23 pm

I have a new avatar for you malteaser

download.jpg

malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Defender wrote:
Toovey is finished, reckon he cost us 4 goals at least today through poor disposal alone, if he plays again I'll spew.

Maynard will be alright I reckon but he's a way off ATM, that front on contact free he gave away in the 3rd was dumb as dog shit.

Cloke has regressed at an alarming rate, he offers nothing off the ball and he's lost his marking strength, he isn't a smart forward, not sure what we're going to do with him TBH, he deserves to be dropped.

Cloke isn't fit at all. Can't even chase. Put him in mothballs and put the big cox in.

In's next week: Cox, Karnesis, Young, Scharberg, Oxley. (sorry about spelling)

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

malteaser wrote:
God please, how old are you all. So bloody typical of football supporters. Sort term memory loss and to bloody spoilt if you ask me. We have a great club and we are having a challenging time. So what always looking for quick fixes. No wonder opposition supporters hate our guts. We are so fortunate to support a team like the pies. I am 51 and although we have lost more GF than anyone else we basically make finals more often than not, not sure other supporters from teams like the saints can say the same thing. Stop being so bloody stupid all you doomsdayers

Don't be all high and mighty! We've just lost to a major rival by 15 goals and overall there hasn't been much improvement this year that provides supporters with any hope heading into next year.

Yes we have a good set of kids coming through the ranks and our expectations of them are understandably not high at this stage of their careers but most supporters have an expectation of the coaching staff that they will create an effective and functioning game plan that will allow us the best possible chance to win every game we participate in.

I go every week regardless of how good or bad we are but Collingwood members and supporters are rightfully not going to sit here and tolerant a lack of effort from the playing group. There's a different between losing and knowing full well you're not good enough against a superior opposition and giving up in the final quarter like we did today and giving Richmond a 15 goal win.

Knowing myself I'll probably attend next week but I don't blame those who don't show up! The club has made a lot of statements about their expectations and so far we've failed to live up to those expectations. For what it's worth I had finishing between 9th to 12th but not in these circumstances and it's going to be another off-season of pessimism for many I suspect.

simon tonna 

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
The only positive I have seen this year is Varcoe.
He has more class than a whole bus load of Hine recruits.

And yet he gave away 3 50 metre penalties! In 1 game

So what, at least he can KICK the ball!!!!!!!
He also has flair! But scrubbers is what the Collingwood football club wants.

he's the only player this year who plays like an afl ranked player consistently. however the copeland will probably go to a trier like mmm blair?

malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Museman wrote:
I have a new avatar for you malteaser

He is dead you would have been better to upload a picture of an annus hole

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Just hope we pick young American Cox next week, his performance in the VFL, five goals today, has been excellent, he must come in now, we have nothing too lose now, and he kicks GOALS !

Why Not. Friday Night game means nothing to Pies.

He can Kick Straight for Goal

Because he's a rookie is why not. Do we have an LTI we can claim? I think it is too late in the season for us to nominate one. Otherwise, yeah. He looked good today. Nice hands and reliable kicking.

Only caught the first half of today's game on delay. Caught a glimpse of the final scores and said bugger it. A close loss I could have taken, just to see who put their hands up but it looks like we are shot for the year.

There was a thread here earlier in the year when we were 6 and 3 or something. There was talk about us playing finals and some were saying we could go all the way. Some of us mentioned that we are just a bunch of kids and that we would fall away dramatically later in the year. That was met with "but Sidey and Greenwood coming back will make up for that". I never thought that likely and maybe that's why I'm a bit ho-hum about the last few weeks. Kids will put in some blinders and sometimes they will put in some shockers like today. But they will always be stuffed by the end of a season.

Still reckon we should have traded Cloke when he had some currency though...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Jezza wrote:
malteaser wrote:

Don't be all high and mighty! We've just lost to a major rival by 15 goals and overall there hasn't been much improvement this year that provides supporters with any hope heading into next year.

Yes we have a good set of kids coming through the ranks and our expectations of them are understandably not high at this stage of their careers but most supporters have an expectation of the coaching staff that they will create an effective and functioning game plan that will allow us the best possible chance to win every game we participate in.

I go every week regardless of how good or bad we are but Collingwood members and supporters are rightfully not going to sit here and tolerant a lack of effort from the playing group. There's a different between losing and knowing full well you're not good enough against a superior opposition and giving up in the final quarter like we did today and giving Richmond a 15 goal win.

Knowing myself I'll probably attend next week but I don't blame those who don't show up! The club has made a lot of statements about their expectations and so far we've failed to live up to those expectations. For what it's worth I had finishing between 9th to 12th but not in these circumstances and it's going to be another off-season of pessimism for many I suspect.

I reckon youd be far more disappointed with the season if you were a Port fan, they beat the mighty piss and poop twice, yet wont even make the finals, and they are not an overly young team like us. Go figure. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I reckon youd be far more disappointed with the season if you were a Port fan, they beat the mighty piss and poop twice, yet wont even make the finals, and they are not an overly young team like us. Go figure. Confused

Port have seriously underachieved! Some including myself were talking them up as major premiership contenders so they've clearly underachieved for their standards but I'll expect them to rebound back up the ladder next year.

In regards to ourselves I'm not sure what the expectations of the club are anymore. We talk ourselves up but we're going backwards and haven't improved substantially under Buckley since our official rebuild began at the end of 2013. The only saving graces of the year is that we have some good kids coming through the ranks and Essendon and Carlton are clearly worse than us Wink

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:35 pm

simon tonna wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
The only positive I have seen this year is Varcoe.
He has more class than a whole bus load of Hine recruits.

And yet he gave away 3 50 metre penalties! In 1 game

So what, at least he can KICK the ball!!!!!!!
He also has flair! But scrubbers is what the Collingwood football club wants.

he's the only player this year who plays like an afl ranked player consistently. however the copeland will probably go to a trier like mmm blair?

Exactly.
Look at Blair and Toovey and a few others and what do you see.
Scrubbers!
Average players on their good day and poor white trash on most days.
I can't see the point when we are rebuilding playing these type of players.
What do we gain? Maybe a 120 point loss instead of a 100 point loss.
We have PK who can at least kick properly sitting in no mans land.
Myself and others said give him 3 or 4 games to prove himself.
But no we make one small line up change.
What the hell is the match committee trying to do?
It is a mystery to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: