Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can anybody tell me what Collingwood's game plan is?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:43 pm
Post subject: Can anybody tell me what Collingwood's game plan is?Reply with quote

This is not a trick question.

Anyone who has a clear conception of how the game is played, please let me know.

As far as I can see, we have no kick in plan, no understanding of body to body, terrible foot and handball skills, very poor decision making and no play on capability.

I don't want to sound negative as I can see plenty of improvement in the younger boys, but when I see premiership players make the same mistakes week in and week out, then I am disheartened.

I want to hear from you.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

At the centre bounces, Swanny gets it. At the stoppages, Swanny gets it. When it goes forward, Swanny follows up and kicks the winning goal. When its in the back half, Swanny gets a bit of a rest, so he can back up and get it again next time.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:57 pm

See ball get ball.. panic spaz out, rinse repeat.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:00 pm

The same as 17 other teams in the AFL........

Deploy an 18 man flood behind the ball, then upon winning the ball back, try to move it down the field best you can while your teammates are frantically trying to make position in front of the ball otherwise you have to kick sideways or backwards.
Turnover, repeat.
Interchange so a couple of fresh runners can cover the space without dropping dead.
Turnover, repeat.
Force stoppage in the forward line and try to lock it in. When unsuccessful in locking it in the forward half, frantically run back to flood no matter what position you're supposed to be playing.
Turnover, repeat.

Ok, there are slight variations on this theme (only slight), and some teams do it far better than others (better foot & hand skills, better drilled to run to certain spots in certain situations), but basically all the same.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:02 pm

We mostly score from turnovers, so if we're streaming forward with overlap run we have to turn it over and then win it back.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:07 pm

You chase a lump of pigskin around a muddy ground as if your bloody life depended on it and when you get it you kick it to buggery and go chasing it again.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:11 pm

King Monkey wrote:

Deploy an 18 man flood behind the ball, then upon winning the ball back, try to move it down the field best you can while your teammates are frantically trying to make position in front of the ball otherwise you have to kick sideways or backwards.
Turnover, repeat.
Interchange so a couple of fresh runners can cover the space without dropping dead.
Turnover, repeat.
Force stoppage in the forward line and try to lock it in. When unsuccessful in locking it in the forward half, frantically run back to flood no matter what position you're supposed to be playing.
Turnover, repeat.

Ok, there are slight variations on this theme (only slight), and some teams do it far better than others (better foot & hand skills, better drilled to run to certain spots in certain situations), but basically all the same.

In the worlds before Monkey, Primal Chaos reigned.
Heaven sought order, but the Phoenix can fly only when it's feathers are grown...

Langdon, Crisp, Sinclair, Maynard, Grundy, Marsh, Sharenberg, Moore and Frost all less than 50 games. Williams, Fas, Elliot and Adams not many more.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Tackle,pressure,try to force the other team into turning the ball over.I think that's about it.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:20 pm

King Monkey wrote:

Turnover, repeat.
Turnover, repeat.
Turnover, repeat.

Your almost correct, you missed one thing, when Collingwood plays, all of the above is played with the Benny Hill theme in the background.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:22 pm

"..... blah, blah, something, something, heard it all before, was IRREPRESSIBLE!!" Laughing Laughing

(Just joking mate, not trying to be a complete dick!) Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:27 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
You chase a lump of pigskin around a muddy ground as if your bloody life depended on it and when you get it you kick it to buggery and go chasing it again.

Settle Geoff.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Didn't you watch today's game. The last 1/2 we had all the answers to the rampaging blues.
But in all seriousness we have talent there but stevie wonder could see we lack continuity in games played in our young squad to see a change in progression.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:40 pm

there's about six or so elements that comprise "the game plan" so not as straightforward to be able to describe it in simple terms. as a style, it's predicated on having weight of numbers around the ball, creating and halving contests, and turning over the oppo ball. our mids and forwards work as a unit, so too our defence. when our team defence breaks down we are in all sorts of problems.

with such a young squad (there's that description again) our guys are going to take some time to learn and execute it. we have seen glimpses of it when we haven't had much opposition but i don't expect to see it wholly executed for some time yet. it will stand us in good stead when we next make the finals. for all the bulldogs wins, will their game be able to stand up in finals?

Last edited by John Wren on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Settle Geoff.

Football shits me.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:05 pm

John Wren wrote:
for all the bulldogs wins, will their game be able to stand up in finals?
they will at least get to see, more right than us....theirs at least stands up regular season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: