Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Feminazis on the loose!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Gees what woman did a job on you!

........)

The answer to that will go a long way to deal with feminist obsessions

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:06 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

........)

The answer to that question will assist to explain obsessions with feminism.

How would you explain women who are obsessed with feminism?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:11 am

Enough about me, let's talk about the Pies.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:19 am

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

........)

Some people spend their whole lives obsessed with at least one issue. It is in their DNA to have this need (or itch) scratched every bloody day of their lives. Sad people in my humble opinion. Crying or Very sad

Where I work, senior management are totally obsessed with being politically correct at all times, even though they come across as being insincere and under the thumb of their politically incorrect masters. Rolling Eyes (I see coercion and pressure being applied as being politically incorrect).

Go figure dude................... Shocked

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:13 am

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

........)

Lesbians

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:06 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

........)

Lesbians
Laughing Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:45 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

........)

First that question avoids the issue of some men's pathological obsession with extremist anti - feminist views that essentially belong to inadequate acopic if not pathetic males who look to blame women for their own sense of powerlessness. It's become a self parody.

Second, what would I call women obsessed with feminism? Women obsessed with feminism - there might be some Ellen Jamesians amongst that ill defined group though Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:25 pm

I don't think you're wrong necessarily, but I'd tend to take a more sympathetic view of such feelings of powerlessness rather than castigating them as pathetic, I'd rather look at why some men are feeling so disenfranchised and unhappy in general and see if those feelings can be directed to somewhere more productive than scapegoating feminists (although it should be said that some feminists generate quite warranted antipathy). This applies to anything you like, really dysfunction always has a reason and generally isn't something that's chosen.
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:28 pm

What does "this" refer to?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:21 pm

This view assumes that directing energy at something that is dangerous or evil is somehow 'pathetic', the same could be said of environmentalists or of any protest movement. There are plenty of women who see Feminism the same way as I do. It's all about perspective, the male enablers of feminism, the so called 'allies' who are as despised by feminists as they are by its opponents but are used as useful idiots are the ones that could so easily be deemed 'pathetic'.

Belittling a person to discredit their argument and confuse and slide the issue into petty insults is most certainly pathetic however.

*I would also add that 5 minutes posting on here after reading something that popped up in my facebook feed or I come across online doesn't exactly qualify as obsession. Now if I ran my own Youtube channel or tumblr blog about it then you might have a point, but I'm not THAT committed to the cause.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 pm

Wokko wrote:
This view assumes that directing energy at something that is dangerous or evil is somehow 'pathetic', the same could be said of environmentalists or of any protest movement. There are plenty of women who see Feminism the same way as I do. It's all about perspective, the male enablers of feminism, the so called 'allies' who are as despised by feminists as they are by its opponents but are used as useful idiots are the ones that could so easily be deemed 'pathetic'.

Belittling a person to discredit their argument and confuse and slide the issue into petty insults is most certainly pathetic however.

*I would also add that 5 minutes posting on here after reading something that popped up in my facebook feed or I come across online doesn't exactly qualify as obsession. Now if I ran my own Youtube channel or tumblr blog about it then you might have a point, but I'm not THAT committed to the cause.

Tavern is certainly the place to find some of that!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:12 am

Wokko wrote:

Good for you for calling it out, Wokko. My comments on the humanities yesterday were presented as evidence that I was in favour of beating children and lived in the fifties. The ad hominem stuff is a giveaway, really. I broadly disagree with you on feminism, which I consider a good thing (indeed simply common sense) until it is mixed with crybullying and exploited by privileged women, but I can accept that you see it differently.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Hopefully feminists can get right behind this move towards true equality. I'm right there with them.

http://www.stripes.com/news/house-bill-requires-women-to-sign-up-for-draft-1.392180
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:04 am

^Yes, but by "them" you mean "loud tertiary bloggers and columnists who annoy you", not anyone important achieving anything important in the world.

The problem isn't peculiar individual obsessions, which we all have and as a group are better for it, it's the pity of devoting energy to the tertiary industry of commentary surrounding those obsessions which have no meaningful political goal.

By the time you get to that detached level of argument, no one knows why they're even arguing anymore. E.g., if you want to deal with issues of concern to men as a group, stick with the primary discussion in say economics (employment; employment quality, paternity leave, declining academic performance), law (family law), health (mental health, substance abuse), and so on.

But discussion about discussion about discussion? One minute I see criticism of feminism for crapping on in a detached, tertiary voice, the next minute people can't resist replying in a tertiary voice. Well, if the former really is achieving *nothing*, why bother replying to it?

If it is achieving something, is that achievement good or bad? And how are you going to measure that? How can you be sure you're not just slipping into abstract, tertiary talk yourself? Being diverted from more demanding forms of argument is turning us all into dunces.

We all - myself clearly also in other threads on other topics - waste too much time addressing the tertiary BS.

Just a thought which occurred to me this morning.

HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 am

You'll know when it happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: