Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Megadeth are coming!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:58 am
Post subject: Megadeth are coming!Reply with quote

It may not excite all of you - but it will excite some of you.

It has just been announced that Megadeth are playing Festival Hall on 19 October this year.

According to the ticketmaster site, the pre-sale starts tomorrow (Friday, 21 August 2015) at 12 pm. The general public sale starts at 10 am on Monday, 24 August.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Megadeth are coming!Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
It may not excite all of you - but it will excite some of you.

It has just been announced that Megadeth are playing Festival Hall on 19 October this year.

I'm not sure which part of me will get excited.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the part of you that likes Nick Cave, Bruce - since these guys can actually play their instruments competently. Laughing

"In the eye of the tornado, blow me away".
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Just listened to some and I must say it's pretty good. If I'd bothered to listen to it when I was in my 20s I'd have loved it. I was always put off by douchebags in Megadeth Tshirts Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:22 pm

This is all a little too Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey for my liking. Razz
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Smile
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Listen to this one nice and loud: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYTVAXng6Y Evil or Very Mad
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I had hoped to see that they were coming to Hobart, very sad to see they weren't I may have to see if I can get to Victoria and see them.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:51 pm

swoop42 is leaving.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:53 pm

I think swoop42 is a lot of things.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Wokko wrote:
Just listened to some and I must say it's pretty good. If I'd bothered to listen to it when I was in my 20s I'd have loved it. I was always put off by douchebags in Megadeth Tshirts Laughing

This is, IMO, their best song - and a genuine candidate for best song of the past 200 years. It certainly contains the technically greatest guitar-playing ever committed to record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcm9qqo_qB0

I am sorry that Marty Friedman doesn't play with them any more but, wow, what a legacy he left.

The album from which that's taken, Rust in Peace, is a standout moment in the history of music. Have a listen to all of it, if you get the chance.

And, no, I'm not a metal-head - I just recognise when I'm in the presence of real genius.

Oh, and no, I don't have any Megadeth T-Shirts. I do, however, have a son who plays, amongst other things, a Dean V-series "Dave Mustaine" signature guitar. He will be taking me to the concert. He does not know that, yet, but I expect he will be very embarrassed. Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Just an update - I have my 2 tickets from the pre-sale (which, for those of you who want tickets now, continues).

About $96 a shot to stand in the pit - I have no real wish to be there (at this late date, an air-conditioned lounge with drinks waiters is more my thing) but the boy insists that you've got to be close enough to see precisely what their hands are doing on the fretboards. He did that when he went to see Priest at Soundwave - and lived.

Hilariously, he is concerned about my welfare on the open floor, which is pretty funny since - back in the old days (so long ago that it was during a time in which Collingwood did not win premierships) - we got plenty of good survival practice stepping over the bodies and between the Hell's Angels' knife-fights getting our equipment out of Kingston Rock, Bombay Rock and Macy's at 4 am.

Anyway, if I don't post on 20 October, you can assume I didn't survive the wall of death. I know, I know - you're just counting down the days.
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:09 pm

At the time, I thought Rust In Peace was THE benchmark of US thrash/speed metal. I still do. The lead track had the frighteningly prophetic line "Don't look now to Israel it might be your home land".

Released about a year before the Black Album; I wonder if Hetfield shat himself knowing there was no way he could top it so went MOR. Laughing

FMD - where did the last 25 years go ? Shocked

Enjoy the show P4S Very Happy

MM

PS: Still got nothin' on No More Colour....... Wink

Last edited by Mountains Magpie on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
At the time, I thought Rust In Peace was THE benchmark of US thrash/speed metal. I still do. The lead track had the frighteningly prophetic line "Don't look now to Israel it might be your home land".

Released about a year before the Black Album; I wonder if Hetfield shat himself knowing there was no way he could top it so went MOR. Laughing

FMD - where did the last 25 years go ? Shocked

Enjoy the show P4S Very Happy

MM

PS: Still got nothin' on No More Colour....... Wink

I expect that I will, provided that I live through it....
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:

This is, IMO, their best song - and a genuine candidate for best song of the past 200 years. It certainly contains the technically greatest guitar-playing ever committed to record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcm9qqo_qB0

I am sorry that Marty Friedman doesn't play with them any more but, wow, what a legacy he left.

The album from which that's taken, Rust in Peace, is a standout moment in the history of music. Have a listen to all of it, if you get the chance.

And, no, I'm not a metal-head - I just recognise when I'm in the presence of real genius.

Oh, and no, I don't have any Megadeth T-Shirts. I do, however, have a son who plays, amongst other things, a Dean V-series "Dave Mustaine" signature guitar. He will be taking me to the concert. He does not know that, yet, but I expect he will be very embarrassed. Wink

Yep, I can play guitar passably well, and that is very technically good. Can't say I actually like it all that much, but it's a bit like watching Formula 1, I guess. I can greatly admire the enginering of it all while being pretty much unmoved by the spectacle. Regardless, whatever floats your boat ; hope you enjoy the concert and your son finds someone to go with !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: