Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The final 8

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:04 am
Post subject: The final 8Reply with quote

each year the media is keen to lock in the top eight by round 8. this is based on evidence over the years pointing to little change having taken place between now and round 23. typically, only one team moves in/out of the eight.

do we think we have the eight locked away given there are four teams in eighth spot on four wins (separated by percentage) and another two teams only a game outside of the eight?

this year was predicted to be the closest of all and the bunching of the teams is suggesting this.

top82016round8.JPG

bottom82016round8.JPG

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I Dunno, I don't think its settled yet. Incidentally, how many folks around here have a big question mark over North Melb. ?? Sure, they have not lost a game, are top of the tree, but I dunno, theres just something about them, as real flag favourites, that I have my reservations about. I admire them, and hope they can knock out the piss and poo, -we all would- but I just have some lingering doubts about them in the Finals. Ling said the same thing yesterday, they have not put a foot wrong, but we still have doubts about them. Why ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:17 am

Tough gig to sneak into the 8 now given we're effectively 2 games out because our percentage is so low. I certainly don't think it's settled yet though.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:19 am

if essendon possibly should have won but did not convert their chances. they made north look second rate in the second half. i am still suspect on their older blokes and while they might be up and about now it will be interesting to see what shape they're in as we head for the finish line.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:57 am

North are 8-0 with a percentage of just 125. That's why there should be doubts on their premiership credentials.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Can't see it changing.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
North are 8-0 with a percentage of just 125. That's why there should be doubts on their premiership credentials.

Worry for them is that if they don't get there soon they'll be in for a Fremantle like fall from grace.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:17 pm

The top 7 are set (in no particular order)
Eighth is about the only spot up for grabs - with as many as 6 teams who can snag it but none will impact the finals.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:20 pm

The 8 is pretty much set for mine. Only question marks are on the Giants and Dogs, with Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Richmond the only real chances to move in (should probably include Melbourne or Carlton, but nah).
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Too early to call, but if we can string a few wins together, including one of two real upsets along the way, such as beating the Pussies this week, then we are a definite chance to snag 8th place. After all, we are currently just one game out of the 8 with 14 more games to go.

As it stands I reckon we can realistically finish above Carlton, Melbourne and Port, who are all overrated imo, which would leave us in 9th position. Given our horrendous injury record so far, that would be a terrific result, but who knows, we might yet squeeze the Crows out of the 8 and pinch their spot.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:26 pm

I hope you're right - but, on our form and given our remaining draw, I have Collingwood winning 6 games for the season. It would be an extraordinary reversal of things if the 'pies were to make the 8 after what we've seen so far.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:42 pm

Given the injuries and already travelled interstate 3 times out of 8, we really need to get some of our guns back and the rest playing well again for another B2B interstate games Rd16 & 17.

We are a chance but we need to smack return games against the Blues & Dees in the coming weeks.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Half way through last year the Pies were looking good and looked a certainty to be in the top 8. We all know too well how that worked out.
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:37 pm

As far as I can tell since we had 18 teams in the competition in 2012 only one team has made the 8 from 12 points after the 8th round and that was North finishing 8th in 2012. Its possible but not probable that we could still make the finals. if we peak at the right time .... who knows.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Richmond were 2 and 6 in 2014 and made it from there, also (in fact Richmond seem to have been 3 and 10 that year before wnning the last 9 home and away games). But I don't disagree with your observation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: