Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangles wrote:
Cameron Mooney was talking up our young list on SEN this arvo. Reckons we're going about it in exactly the right way. Said it's just a matter of getting games into the boys and at some point they'll click. He rates Bucks as a coach too.

Pretty common themes among the footy media experts. Shame a few of our supporters are blind to it.
ApplesKuwait 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:01 am

Watched Bucks's presser tonight where he was asked about his contract.
He was so level-headed, so rational and made complete sense.
Compare that to how MM would have carried on.
I loved Bucks as a player. He was unlucky not to play in a premiership team (like a lot of our champions of the 70's and 80's who don't get the kudos they deserve- Billy Picken for one!).
As a coach, I love his measured approach, his common sense and his non-arrogance.
I wish I could say the same about some of our so-called supporters ranting and raving in here; experts one-and-all.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 am

Sack Buckley? You've got to be f*cking kidding. Extend his contract now. Cool
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:28 am

Bucks made a statement tonight, hes safe for now for sure, let us not talk about things like contracts extension.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:37 am

He has next year, let's just wait shall we?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:27 am

Defender wrote:
He has next year, let's just wait shall we?

Yep he has 2016 for sure play like we did last night for the entire season and we will play finals and he gets his extension.
In saying that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Eddie and the board to give him a 2yr extension in the off season just to make sure there are no outside media pressure as the season goes on in regards to his coaching future.

I'm guessing 2yr extension will be given if we go like busted buttholes next year then we pay him out and move on
axl13 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 am

qldmagipes you are the biggest w***** , I'm sick of your negative comments why don't you go jump on the carlton forum. Those people are similar to your brain capacity. Bucks is going to be a awesome coach and if you can't see that gold help us.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:08 am

ApplesKuwait wrote:
I loved Bucks as a player. He was unlucky not to play in a premiership team (like a lot of our champions of the 70's and 80's who don't get the kudos they deserve- Billy Picken for one!).
As a coach, I love his measured approach, his common sense and his non-arrogance.
I wish I could say the same about some of our so-called supporters ranting and raving in here; experts one-and-all.

Can you post just once without bagging other posters?
We get it that your opinion is so special!!!!

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:35 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmmmReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:

Thank god you are not running my business! Extend his contract now? On what basis? Not making the finals this year whilst poorer clubs like Footscray and Richmond did? Oh please it's any wonder why our Club is the way it is and Australia is screwed. Success ! Uncompromising Success. Ever heard of that concept? Or does failure warrant reward where you come from?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:44 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmmmmmReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Thank god you are not running my business! Extend his contract now? On what basis? Not making the finals this year whilst poorer clubs like Footscray and Richmond did? Oh please it's any wonder why our Club is the way it is and Australia is screwed. Success ! Uncompromising Success. Ever heard of that concept? Or does failure warrant reward where you come from?

You crack me up Ed. Rolling Eyes
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:06 pm

If you're happy with mediocrity then fine, give him an extension.

Richest Club in AU & we're sitting on the sidelines come September!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Guess hes safe for one more week at least, fair enough "perceptive fellow" ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:14 pm

ApplesKuwait wrote:

Oh spare me.

Posts like yours after one good win are no better than people calling for a coach to be sacked after one poor loss.

Neither opinion is the correct one and last time I checked most rational posters weren't calling for the coach to be sacked this year but believe a level of achievement needs to be reached next season in order for him to have the right to continue as coach.

Last night does nothing to alter that and if it did does that mean if we lose next week it should change again and people calling for his head would be in the right?

Nah thought not.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:53 pm

swoop42 wrote:
ApplesKuwait wrote:

Oh spare me.

Posts like yours after one good win are no better than people calling for a coach to be sacked after one poor loss.

Neither opinion is the correct one and last time I checked most rational posters weren't calling for the coach to be sacked this year but believe a level of achievement needs to be reached next season in order for him to have the right to continue as coach.

Last night does nothing to alter that and if it did does that mean if we lose next week it should change again and people calling for his head would be in the right?

Nah thought not.

Regardless of what happens next week, I'm one who would like us to immediately extend Bucks' contract to the end of 2017, so that we are not distracted by media speculation throughout next season over whether he'll get another contract. That would be terribly destabilising. So I say extend his contract now, knowing full well that if we bomb next year the club will just have to pay out his contract. FWIW, I reckon he'll be our coach for at least another decade.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
ApplesKuwait wrote:

Oh spare me.

Nah thought not.

Regardless of what happens next week, I'm one who would like us to immediately extend Bucks' contract to the end of 2017, so that we are not distracted by media speculation throughout next season over whether he'll get another contract. That would be terribly destabilising. So I say extend his contract now, knowing full well that if we bomb next year the club will just have to pay out his contract. FWIW, I reckon he'll be our coach for at least another decade.

Why would it be a distraction?

If we're performing, Bucks has nothing to worry about.

If we're struggling, then he should be worried.

I am not sure what this fluff about destabilising. It's not like clubs are actively chasing him.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 19 of 118   

Jump to: