Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezza23 wrote:
While today was a fantastic effort, especially the first half which was against a flat and highly ineffectual side mostly comprising of AFL rejects and VFL top up players.

Don't think that one win no matter who good papers over the obvious cracks.

I just wish that all of the pro-Buckley posters would actually contribute to the discussion of why we should keep him as coach rather than just filling these pages with continual pot shot about other posters. Its just so childish.

I really like the bravado of posters who never contribute their own views and then come on here after a win and sarcastically call for Buckley to be sacked as some kind of sanctimonious admission that they are the true believers. If that all you can contribute then thankfully we rarely hear from you.

Also the holier than thou attitude of saying "I'm a Collingwood supporter" because I support Buckley is beyond belief. Did you say the same thing when Tony Shaw was coach.

Right.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:03 am

Redlight wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:
While today was a fantastic effort, especially the first half which was against a flat and highly ineffectual side mostly comprising of AFL rejects and VFL top up players.

I just wish that all of the pro-Buckley posters would actually contribute to the discussion of why we should keep him as coach rather than just filling these pages with continual pot shot about other posters. Its just so childish.

I really like the bravado of posters who never contribute their own views and then come on here after a win and sarcastically call for Buckley to be sacked as some kind of sanctimonious admission that they are the true believers. If that all you can contribute then thankfully we rarely hear from you.

Also the holier than thou attitude of saying "I'm a Collingwood supporter" because I support Buckley is beyond belief. Did you say the same thing when Tony Shaw was coach.

Oh please. Did you really post that without a detailed description of why Buckley should be removed and who the appropriate replacement should be?

You're annoyed by footy supporters that support? Really?

The unfortunate truth is that no-one on this board knows the first thing about Buckley's performance as head coach, because none of are inside the club.

Take a second to absorb that. None. of. us. have. the. faintest. clue.

If the admin and board at the club (who have performed very well and whom I therefore trust) believe that he is the best option, then I'm on board.

Of course I supported Tony Shaw when he was coach. I always support the coach while they are the coach. Then, when the next coach takes over, I'll move my support there.

Btw, it may be a news flash to you, but it was Eddie and the admin that moved Shaw on, not posters like you, on boards like this.

As for an 'holier than thou' attitude, what's worse, believing that the club I support might actually know what they're doing? Or the random internet poster who thinks they, indeed, know better?

Reasoned arguments that Buckley may not be the answer? Fine. Sensible questions about the way we play? Sure, of course. A few people do make those kinds of posts without undue tension.

However, the people who, when things get tough, seem to be at their happiest? Those making constant calls for the sacking of this player and that player? The sacking of the fitness staff? The sacking of the coach? The sacking of the head recruiter, or the assistant coaches? The sacking of the President?

What about the palpable sense of disappointment when their 'sack everyone' campaign has to take a break for a week? Because we won?

Well, frankly, to hell with those <snip>.

Stands and applauds, well said.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:26 am

Redlight wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:

Oh please. Did you really post that without a detailed description of why Buckley should be removed and who the appropriate replacement should be?

The unfortunate truth is that no-one on this board knows the first thing about Buckley's performance as head coach, because none of are inside the club.

If the admin and board at the club (who have performed very well and whom I therefore trust) believe that he is the best option, then I'm on board.

Of course I supported Tony Shaw when he was coach. I always support the coach while they are the coach. Then, when the next coach takes over, I'll move my support there.

Btw, it may be a news flash to you, but it was Eddie and the admin that moved Shaw on, not posters like you, on boards like this.

As for an 'holier than thou' attitude, what's worse, believing that the club I support might actually know what they're doing? Or the random internet poster who thinks they, indeed, know better?

Reasoned arguments that Buckley may not be the answer? Fine. Sensible questions about the way we play? Sure, of course. A few people do make those kinds of posts without undue tension.

However, the people who, when things get tough, seem to be at their happiest? Those making constant calls for the sacking of this player and that player? The sacking of the fitness staff? The sacking of the coach? The sacking of the head recruiter, or the assistant coaches? The sacking of the President?

What about the palpable sense of disappointment when their 'sack everyone' campaign has to take a break for a week? Because we won?

Thank you Redlight. What an excellent post. What a shame the mod couldn't look the other way on this occasion; after all, what you said about <snip, be respectful towards those with whom you disagree please - bbmods> was spot on.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:21 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Tezza23 wrote:

Thank you Redlight. What an excellent post. What a shame the mod couldn't look the other way on this occasion; after all, what you said about <snip, be respectful towards those with whom you disagree, please - bbmods> was spot on.

Spot on.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Thank you Redlight. What an excellent post. What a shame the mod couldn't look the other way on this occasion; after all, what you said about <snip, be respectful towards those with whom you disagree, please - bbmods> was spot on.

Totally agree but anyone else get the feeling that never the 'Twain shall meet between the eternally "perceptive fellow" and the Side by Side brigade? The DNA’s don’t mix?
Maybe it’s just me but I have never read such negative and putrid comments after an 11 goal win in my life. Never. And I repeat, these are NOT Collingwood supporters, they are mere fair weather fans who cant see the bigger picture and will never be patient enough to stand still for even a moment and reflect on their stupid views after such a game. In my opinion, they are <snip> set in their <snip> ways.

The rest of us have to deal with these <snip, be respectful towards those with whom you disagree thank you - bbmods>, like we do in other areas of our lives in politics, on the roads, in society, in community etc. Such is life. So be it I guess. Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Lazza wrote:
Totally agree but anyone else get the feeling that never the 'Twain shall meet between the eternally "perceptive fellow" and the Side by Side brigade? The DNA’s don’t mix?
Maybe it’s just me but I have never read such negative and putrid comments after an 11 goal win in my life. Never. And I repeat, these are NOT Collingwood supporters, they are mere fair weather fans who cant see the bigger picture and will never be patient enough to stand still for even a moment and reflect on their stupid views after such a game. In my opinion, they are <snip> set in their <snip> ways.

The rest of us have to deal with these <snip, be respectful towards those with whom you disagree thank you - bbmods>, like we do in other areas of our lives in politics, on the roads, in society, in community etc. Such is life. So be it I guess. Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Who are these '"perceptive fellow"' you refer to? Name them?

Apart from one or two who are deliberately provocative, many other supporters rightly or wrongly have genuine concerns about the coach. Is there anything wrong with that?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Spot on Jezza. I love the club despite our current coach who I think is the wrong person for the job. That said, if he succeeds, then that's great because I want the club to succeed.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Again the argument has been de-railed.

After a win posters come on here with smart-alec comments about sacking the coach. I stand by my opinion that such retorts are childish.

It is also a favourite tactic to sidestep the issue by requesting who should take over if Buckley is sacked. that is a whole different issue and not at all related to whether Buckley should or should not coach Collingwood.

I'm glad that you have blind faith in the board to make the right call on every decision. I too have general faith in the board, mainly because they have proved their credentials over an extended period. The same cannot be said of the coach. I also expect the board to make corrections if they make a mistake. They are not infallible. You seem to suggest that if you support a club you cannot have an opinion or express an opinion if it differs from that of the current board. I presume you don't live in North Korea

I acknowledge that there are plenty of people and posters who appear to be happiest when they are miserable but I don't count myself as one of them. I have never called for any sackings of anyone except Buckley (and only at then end of this season) if the trend continues that we do not progress as a side. I have also commented that we need to recruit players with better foot skills.

And if you think that adding derogatory swearwords improves your arguments then read my first couple of comments.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Apart from one or two who are deliberately provocative, many other supporters rightly or wrongly have genuine concerns about the coach. Is there anything wrong with that?

I have named them in the past (twice actually) and have received polite PMs from the mod team asking me to be less provocative. I reckon if you go public with stupid nonsense then you ought to be able to stand on your own two feet and not go running to the mods, as one poster does on a regular basis.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Maybe it’s just me but I have never read such negative and putrid comments after an 11 goal win in my life. Never. And I repeat, these are NOT Collingwood supporters, they are mere fair weather fans who cant see the bigger picture and will never be patient enough to stand still for even a moment and reflect on their stupid views after such a game. In my opinion, they are utter bloody twits set in their twit ways.

The rest of us have to deal with these total bloody imbeciles, like we do in other areas of our lives in politics, on the roads, in society, in community etc. Such is life. So be it I guess. Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I have named them in the past (twice actually) and have received polite PMs from the mod team asking me to be less provocative. I reckon if you go public with stupid nonsense then you ought to be able to stand on your own two feet and not go running to the mods, as one poster does on a regular basis.

Seriously, they sook to the mods... oh woe is me...
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Less provocative than 'sewer rats' ??
Hmmm - wonder why ?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:51 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
You seem to suggest that if you support a club you cannot have an opinion or express an opinion if it differs from that of the current board. I presume you don't live in North Korea

Just clearly shows that you have never bothered to read my posts (that is your divine right) but then have a go at me about freedom of speech. Shocked If I have a dollar for each time I have posted that everyone is entitled to their opinions, I'd be rich. Of course they are and I have stated that it would be an extremely boring forum and board if we all merely agreed with each other on every bloody issue regarding Collingwood. However opinions are not facts as I have also posted many times.
I have the same right to challenge and confront what I think are dumb, irrational, illogical, ill thought out comments/opinions with my views/comments/opinions. If you think that being putrid and negative in posts after an 11 goal win is the right thing to do, good on you but I just don’t happen to agree with that. This is sad circus when certain posters here (again in my opinion) DON’T actually want Collingwood to win/succeed because they want to see failure leading to Buck's (and probably Eddie's) sacking.
Today, I posted that it is what it is and never the Twain shall meet between the "perceptive fellow" and the standing Side by Side brigade. You have just proved me right. Sad Confused

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:53 pm

jackcass wrote:
Seriously, they sook to the mods... oh woe is me...

Yes, I too can fully confirm that they do this.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Lazza wrote:
If you think that being putrid and negative in posts after an 11 goal win is the right thing to do, good on you

What is this putridness you speak of ?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

1. Absolutely spot on comment.

2. Fair dinkum, if anyone doesn’t know by now who the regular "perceptive fellow" are, they are definitely not frequent posters on Nick's.

3. I must be the only poster here who has never once complained to the mods about any poster, or put any poster on ignore as I actually love hearing differing views on various issues, including Collingwood, football in general and politics, as long as I have the right to respond.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 75 of 118   

Jump to: