Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Bucks has to go after that pathetic performance. The players made it abundantly clear today that they will not play for him. Sack him now. Rolling Eyes

You patheti s@ds@ck. Give it a rest and support the team for a change. You and Bob Sugar disgust me!!

Twisted Evil

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Remember, this thread gets to 100 pages and its lights out for Senor Buckley and his hombres

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Why? Beating a VFL side doesn't change the fact he is a poor coach and we will lose by more than this next week

You're just annoyed Cloke got dropped and the team could suddenly kick goals again.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Bucks has to go after that pathetic performance. The players made it abundantly clear today that they will not play for him. Sack him now. Rolling Eyes

You patheti s@ds@ck. Give it a rest and support the team for a change. You and Bob Sugar disgust me!!

Twisted Evil

So many lols. Razz Razz Razz Razz
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Genius move by Buckley to pllay Cloke in the 2's & elevate Cox. Extend his contract now.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Wokko wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Why? Beating a VFL side doesn't change the fact he is a poor coach and we will lose by more than this next week

You're just annoyed Cloke got dropped and the team could suddenly kick goals again.

lol, Cloke would have kicked 10 today with the ball actually being delivered into the forward 50 for the first time all season!

Hell he kicks more goal against a full strength Essendon than he does against any other team, he would have had a field day.

But I don't mind, because after we get thrashed by West Coast next week hopefully Buckley realises that Cox deserves to stay and instead drops that useless spud Grundy. Cox as no1 ruckman, Cloke back to full forward and will be looking strong again.

As said in the Cloke thread, its funny that a forward becomes the one dropped when the ruckman cant win a hitout and the midfield gets annihilated yet a key forward is expected to kick bags without ever seeing the ball?

Compare the last 4 weeks to todays 1st qr, probably had more chances for forwards in that 1st qtr than the first 4 weeks combined! It makes a difference playing VFL standard opposition.

Although given their VFL side towelled ours up, maybe we should organise a game between the 2 winning sides!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:57 pm

The jury will continue to be out on Buck's until he can demonstrate that he can pull this team together and have them playing finals. Until then his job can't be guaranteed safe.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Lets be brutally honest eddiesmith. If Cloke kicked 10 it would be 10.5 or 10.10 even. Poor fella just drops the ball wrong. Moore and Cox don't.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:26 pm

While today was a fantastic effort, especially the first half which was against a flat and highly ineffectual side mostly comprising of AFL rejects and VFL top up players.

Don't think that one win no matter who good papers over the obvious cracks.

I just wish that all of the pro-Buckley posters would actually contribute to the discussion of why we should keep him as coach rather than just filling these pages with continual pot shot about other posters. Its just so childish.

I really like the bravado of posters who never contribute their own views and then come on here after a win and sarcastically call for Buckley to be sacked as some kind of sanctimonious admission that they are the true believers. If that all you can contribute then thankfully we rarely hear from you.

Also the holier than thou attitude of saying "I'm a Collingwood supporter" because I support Buckley is beyond belief. Did you say the same thing when Tony Shaw was coach.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Suppose I did say the same thing when Tony Shaw was coach .
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:08 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Wokko wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

lol, Cloke would have kicked 10 today with the ball actually being delivered into the forward 50 for the first time all season!

Hell he kicks more goal against a full strength Essendon than he does against any other team, he would have had a field day.

But I don't mind, because after we get thrashed by West Coast next week hopefully Buckley realises that Cox deserves to stay and instead drops that useless spud Grundy. Cox as no1 ruckman, Cloke back to full forward and will be looking strong again.

As said in the Cloke thread, its funny that a forward becomes the one dropped when the ruckman cant win a hitout and the midfield gets annihilated yet a key forward is expected to kick bags without ever seeing the ball?

Compare the last 4 weeks to todays 1st qr, probably had more chances for forwards in that 1st qtr than the first 4 weeks combined! It makes a difference playing VFL standard opposition.

Although given their VFL side towelled ours up, maybe we should organise a game between the 2 winning sides!

Cloke has never kicked 10 and in fact has only kicked 7 goals once in his entire career. At his peak, about 5 years ago, he a good power forward, but because of his terrible conversion rate, he never was a great forward. Now, I think he is no longer even a good forward. We were better today having Cox, who even when he wasn't marking, he was continually making a physical contest and followed up when the ball hit the ground. This created opportunities for others.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 pm

On a brighter note did anyone else hear Leigh Matthews accuse Joe Daniher of having no second efforts today? He said he was a marking forward and not much else. Ouch. Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Tezza23 wrote:
While today was a fantastic effort, especially the first half which was against a flat and highly ineffectual side mostly comprising of AFL rejects and VFL top up players.

I just wish that all of the pro-Buckley posters would actually contribute to the discussion of why we should keep him as coach rather than just filling these pages with continual pot shot about other posters. Its just so childish.

I really like the bravado of posters who never contribute their own views and then come on here after a win and sarcastically call for Buckley to be sacked as some kind of sanctimonious admission that they are the true believers. If that all you can contribute then thankfully we rarely hear from you.

Also the holier than thou attitude of saying "I'm a Collingwood supporter" because I support Buckley is beyond belief. Did you say the same thing when Tony Shaw was coach.

Yep! Today was fun, but gees, the bombers really suck!

We sure do have some great kids coming through though,

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 am

Tezza23 wrote:

Oh please. Did you really post that without a detailed description of why Buckley should be removed and who the appropriate replacement should be?

You're annoyed by footy supporters that support? Really?

The unfortunate truth is that no-one on this board knows the first thing about Buckley's performance as head coach, because none of are inside the club.

Take a second to absorb that. None. of. us. have. the. faintest. clue.

If the admin and board at the club (who have performed very well and whom I therefore trust) believe that he is the best option, then I'm on board.

Of course I supported Tony Shaw when he was coach. I always support the coach while they are the coach. Then, when the next coach takes over, I'll move my support there.

Btw, it may be a news flash to you, but it was Eddie and the admin that moved Shaw on, not posters like you, on boards like this.

As for an 'holier than thou' attitude, what's worse, believing that the club I support might actually know what they're doing? Or the random internet poster who thinks they, indeed, know better?

Reasoned arguments that Buckley may not be the answer? Fine. Sensible questions about the way we play? Sure, of course. A few people do make those kinds of posts without undue tension.

However, the people who, when things get tough, seem to be at their happiest? Those making constant calls for the sacking of this player and that player? The sacking of the fitness staff? The sacking of the coach? The sacking of the head recruiter, or the assistant coaches? The sacking of the President?

What about the palpable sense of disappointment when their 'sack everyone' campaign has to take a break for a week? Because we won?

Well, frankly, to hell with those <snip>.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Our biggest problem is we lost our best player in round one

Swan's our best player at the moment? Shocked

swoop42 wrote:
There was only ever one possible positive to come out of this day for the coach and that was with a dominant victory.

We got that so well done Bucks the noose is loosened in the short term but the real tests are still to come and we need to build from here and improve markedly if he is to survive.

Today was a victory we all expected at the start of the year against a depleted Essendon.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Perfectly summarised.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 74 of 118   

Jump to: