Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ And there's a reason why they ain't chasing him & it ain't 'cause he's our coach either!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm

We are about where most people expected us to be this year, have shown glimpses of improvement and are on track for a tilt at finals next year. Sacking the coach at this point would be a poor decision.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm

In each of Buckley's seasons to date we have played to or below my expectations every year except this one. I give us a tick this year because even though we finished about where I expected our performances against the better teams was much better than anticipated.

Buckley's done a great job of building up our team. Next year is when we start to see whether he's able to take us to the next level. From what we've seen in patches this year, I think there's little doubt that he is.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
In each of Buckley's seasons to date we have played to or below my expectations every year except this one. I give us a tick this year because even though we finished about where I expected our performances against the better teams was much better than anticipated.

Buckley's done a great job of building up our team. Next year is when we start to see whether he's able to take us to the next level. From what we've seen in patches this year, I think there's little doubt that he is.

Didn't we beat 3 of the top 4 last year? If not we at least won 2, and you say we've improved this year because we've been more competitive against the better teams? Geez, we've beaten one side currently in the top 8 (give or take).

Considering we've had better luck with injuries and a softer draw how the **** have we improved?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:31 pm

^ Rose coloured glasses, one win & Buckley's a master, good coaches & good teams don't lose 8 in a row...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Don't be logical Defender!
Talk from your heart!
Better not .....you may be slandered!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:34 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
^ Rose coloured glasses, one win & Buckley's a master, good coaches & good teams don't lose 8 in a row...

yes, but don't tell the truth.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Didn't we beat 3 of the top 4 last year? If not we at least won 2, and you say we've improved this year because we've been more competitive against the better teams? Geez, we've beaten one side currently in the top 8 (give or take).

Considering we've had better luck with injuries and a softer draw how the **** have we improved?

Improved in pretty much every statistical category and have not been belted by the better teams as we were last year.

We beat one top 4 team last year, the Swans by 20 in Round 2.

Lost to the Dockers by 70 and Hawks by 65 which are the beltings I was talking about. This year we genuinely outplayed these two despite not getting a win.

In total we had 5 losses by over 10 goals in 2014 compared to one this year:
Dockers
Hawks
Bombers
Eagles
Lions

I'd say that's an improvement.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 am

There has been no improvement this year.
But I think we have more potential than last year.
I am somewhat bullish about what we can achieve in the next 2 or 3 years.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:22 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Improved in pretty much every statistical category and have not been belted by the better teams as we were last year.

Lost to the Dockers by 70 and Hawks by 65 which are the beltings I was talking about. This year we genuinely outplayed these two despite not getting a win.

Dockers
Hawks
Bombers
Eagles
Lions

Yeah just looked it up, we did beat 5 of the top 8 though and ran Hawthorn to 19 points.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:08 am

The win on Friday night was good for our youngsters but lets not get too excited by it. Geelong showed why they were outside the eight and our disorganised ball movement and poor disposal (as well as almost letting the Cats back in during the last) were still there for all to see - particularly after the first quarter. I suspect we would have struggled against a better team. I wouldn't sack Buckley yet - in my mind he has one more year to produce significant improvements in his work as coach. As for extending his contract now Rudeboy is just being provocative I suspect

2016 needs to show significant improvements in:

1) disposals and goal kicking;
2) some predictable system and structure in ball movement;
3) An increase in the capacity to 'put teams away' when we are in front;
4) Better ability to counter opposition coaches stratagems;
5) Better team cohesion and motivation.

If we see improvements in all of the above, we will make the eight and be competitive. If we don't improve in those fundamentals, then that won't happen, and then Buckley rightly deserves to be sacked.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Dockers
Hawks
Bombers
Eagles
Lions

Yeah just looked it up, we did beat 5 of the top 8 though and ran Hawthorn to 19 points.

On the wins we've had there's not a lot of difference to last season. We are however scoring much more, kicking for goal more accurately, winning more clearances etc. For me, the best sign was not only taking it up to Hawthorn and Fremantle but convincingly outplaying them for considerable periods. And we were genuinely bad in the second half of last season. This year we did drop off but have still been competitive bar letting Richmond pull away late a couple of weeks ago, but even that game was not as bad as a few of ours last year.

I'm not saying we were way above my expectations this season, only very slightly. I had actually first written that no year under Buckley has been above expectation, so it was very much borderline. My expectations have been met this season, but I am hoping to see rapid improvement next year, particularly with being able to play out a full 22 games.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:42 pm

Forget wins and losses, it's percentage which provides the best overall measure of a team's performance. Someone else can do the research, but I'll bet London to a brick that our percentage is considerably better this year.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Forget wins and losses, it's percentage which provides the best overall measure of a team's performance. Someone else can do the research, but I'll bet London to a brick that our percentage is considerably better this year.

oh god!! Could there be a less relevant stat than percentage.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:14 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

oh god!! Could there be a less relevant stat than percentage.

Actually it's the most instructive, as it treats the whole season as one game and shows how your team performed over the whole season compared to your opponents.

This time last year our percentage was a paltry 94%.
This year it's 106.8%.

That's a very big improvement.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 20 of 118   

Jump to: