Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
^ agree, Pies4Shaw. Didak, Jolly, Ball, Brown, Tarrant, Krakouer, Ben Johnson, Leon Davis and - for different reasons - Dale Thomas were all in the twlight, with little coming through. The rebuild was necessary, and though i think it has been executed pretty well, we are seeing the invitable consequences of a young unseasoned team these past two years.

Like others, I'm frustrated by the matchday tactics - especially our vulnerability to the slingshot - and it is hard not to question the coach on that score. But i cannot buy the story that Bucks took a champion team and turned it poor.

I have to agree, that 2010/2011 team was cooked, a champion team really should not of lost the Grand Final by about 38 points.

Buckley had to rebuild. Still has next year to improve, I should hope though he looks at improving our players disposal skills. Because really, that has been the biggest problem. The hawks make each kick count, we throw enough shit at the wall hoping enough of it sticks (normally does not).
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:57 pm

No pain, no gain, fact.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ agree, Pies4Shaw. Didak, Jolly, Ball, Brown, Tarrant, Krakouer, Ben Johnson, Leon Davis and - for different reasons - Dale Thomas were all in the twlight, with little coming through. The rebuild was necessary, and though i think it has been executed pretty well, we are seeing the invitable consequences of a young unseasoned team these past two years.

Like others, I'm frustrated by the matchday tactics - especially our vulnerability to the slingshot - and it is hard not to question the coach on that score. But i cannot buy the story that Bucks took a champion team and turned it poor.

Sorry but BS. Because the players listed were aging?? both Tarrant and Krak were not even there the year previous when we won it, Dids Jolly Ball Brown were our backbone? our be all and end all, our endgame? seriously...people take this fantasy to far, the club preach it and the masses swallow it whole.
Pendles
Swan
Thomas
Beams
Reid
Brown
Cloke
Dawes
Shaw

Theres your backbone from 2012 on...We pi$$ed it away, all young all good, and don't give me injuries, we don't know they're are coming and under different circumstances some don't even happen.

Now imagine we had added a Jacobs end 2011 imagine over the next couple of seasons we'd added Lake or something alike, poached a quality mid from somewhere. FFS we recruited Greenwood when we needed a Higgins like user last year...

Rebuild my a$$....we needed vision.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:28 pm

I see the Doggies got absolutely smashed by the Weagles, pantsed like us, do the doggie fans now call for Beveridges head ? Im not saying we are as good as the dogs, but they have had one bad belting and so have we, see how we go against the cats, then judge.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Mugwump wrote:

At the end of 2011 all of the following were still young and looked to have a promising future.

Beams, Blair, Brown, Dawes, Fasolo, Goldsack, Lumumba, Macaffer, Pendlebury, Reid, Shaw, Sidebottom, Sinclair, Thomas, Toovey and Wellingham.

In 2012 we saw the debut of Williams, Seedsman and Elliott.

Some of course didn't live up to the initial promise but that happens at all clubs so you look to the draft and trading period to improve or hold your ground.

To me Geelong will be the ultimate test of whether our drafting strategy of trading away seasoned players for top 20 picks etc was the right call.

Geelong haven't obviously won a flag since 2011 but haven't fallen away like us either finishing top 4 after the H&A season in 2014.

They are set to lose a number of club greats at the end of this season and next so the real test for them starts from next year but I think it would be unwise to celebrate there demise just yet like some have done here on Nick's.

Mostly likely they'll add Dangerfield and a couple of handy types at the end of the year and most would be shocked to learn that the Geelong side who belted us earlier in the year was only 42 days on average older than us.

If they become a top 4 force again before us it's fair to say we sold the farm for a pittance.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I see the Doggies got absolutely smashed by the Weagles, pantsed like us, do the doggie fans now call for Beveridges head ? Im not saying we are as good as the dogs, but they have had one bad belting and so have we, see how we go against the cats, then judge.

Laughing

They've won 13 games for the year on the back of a 7 win season in 2014.

They just lost to a side with a second year coach who suddenly looks like the premiership favourite.

We've won 9 games for the year and lost 8 of our last 9.

We lost to Melbourne by 6 goals two weeks back who today lost to the bottom placed scum.

We've dissolved to become a rabble for the second year running.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

At the end of 2011 all of the following were still young and looked to have a promising future.

Beams, Blair, Brown, Dawes, Fasolo, Goldsack, Lumumba, Macaffer, Pendlebury, Reid, Shaw, Sidebottom, Sinclair, Thomas, Toovey and Wellingham.

Some of course didn't live up to the initial promise but that happens at all clubs so you look to the draft and trading period to improve or hold your ground.

To me Geelong will be the ultimate test of whether our drafting strategy of trading away seasoned players for top 20 picks etc was the right call.

Geelong haven't obviously won a flag since 2011 but haven't fallen away like us either finishing top 4 after the H&A season in 2014.

They are set to lose a number of club greats at the end of this season and next so the real test for them starts from next year but I think it would be unwise to celebrate there demise just yet like some have done here on Nick's.

Mostly likely they'll add Dangerfield and a couple of handy types at the end of the year and most would be shocked to learn that the Geelong side who belted us earlier in the year was only 42 days on average older than us.

If they become a top 4 force again before us it's fair to say we sold the farm for a pittance.

I forgot to add I didn't have any major issue with our drafting strategy.

Some of course did.

The next couple of seasons will tell us who was in the right.

But I say again my issue isn't with the list of Collingwood it's whether or not Buckley can get the very best out of it.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Museman wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Sorry but BS. Because the players listed were aging?? both Tarrant and Krak were not even there the year previous when we won it, Dids Jolly Ball Brown were our backbone? our be all and end all, our endgame? seriously...people take this fantasy to far, the club preach it and the masses swallow it whole.
Pendles
Swan
Thomas
Beams
Reid
Brown
Cloke
Dawes
Shaw

Theres your backbone from 2012 on...We pi$$ed it away, all young all good, and don't give me injuries, we don't know they're are coming and under different circumstances some don't even happen.

Now imagine we had added a Jacobs end 2011 imagine over the next couple of seasons we'd added Lake or something alike, poached a quality mid from somewhere. FFS we recruited Greenwood when we needed a Higgins like user last year...

Rebuild my a$$....we needed vision.

For starters, the reference point is the end of 2011, when Buckley took over.

Of the "backbone" you quote, thomas and Dawes are effectively spuds post 2011, Reid has been chronically injured since the end of 2011. Swan has undoubtedly been good, but not the .brownlow winning matchwinner he was as age and injury have had some effect.

The one who seems to me a serious loss is Shaw, a champion footballer who has continued to deliver at a very high rate. I do wonder whether Buckley scored a Pyrrhic victory in making an example of him after successive on-field brain fades in 2013.

Beams might be the other notable loss, but i'm not so sure. He never seemed to me a matchwinner.

So the core that you identify seems to me part of the reason why we faded, rather than the reverse. We lost the players i referred to, and the core above was a pretty shaky base after the retirements. 2010 and 2011 was the culmination of the build from 2007-2009, not the start of something, in my view. But i doubt i'm going to change your mind on it Wink

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Swoop, I think the list of those with a promising future looks weaker than the quality of the retirees, except for a few who fell apart physically - notably Reid and Thomas. Pendlebury has remained magnificent, as he was in 2010 and 2011, but the rlative quality of your bottom 11 matters almost as much as the relative quality of the top. I don't think the 2013/14 list was too strong, tbh.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Must've been the $10 I put on them to win the flag. I wanted to put it on a Dogs flag/ Fyfe Brownlow double. But the guy at the TAB couldn't find that option on the computer. I must be the kiss of death. Laughing
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Malthouse should have been left to fight for some more flags with his premiership team, and it was a young team as premierships go.

Buckley should have been left to go to another club if he/they so desired it, and come to us eventually - assuming his results at the other club caught our eye.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 pm

Buckley need to stay, and his vision is close to realising premierships for us.

This season hasnt panned out as planned, but boy its been close a few times.

No need to panic.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Seriously the number of people who continue to post because they have no *&^*(&%$% patience... frankly doesn't surprise me, sign of the times.

Don't come back with some bullshit about 'rose coloured glasses', of course I and all of us aren't happy with where we are. If you can't see we have improved from last year you are just ignorant, plain and simple. Yeah the loss yesterday was hard to take. Ladder position means SFA unless you are number 1.

I for one am going to think of the positives and believe the Club will put everything behind plans to win.

The number of idiots that are around should just grow up, apologies if you're only 12.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Bucks Seasons are Similar to Tony Shaws ones. Start on Fire then end in a Wimpier
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am

AnthonyC wrote:
Seriously the number of people who continue to post because they have no *&^*(&%$% patience... frankly doesn't surprise me, sign of the times.

Don't come back with some bullshit about 'rose coloured glasses', of course I and all of us aren't happy with where we are. If you can't see we have improved from last year you are just ignorant, plain and simple. Yeah the loss yesterday was hard to take. Ladder position means SFA unless you are number 1.

I for one am going to think of the positives and believe the Club will put everything behind plans to win.

The number of idiots that are around should just grow up, apologies if you're only 12.

Please explain how we've improved on last year?

Is it the fact we've had an easier draw this year?

Is it the fact we've had fewer injuries?

We beat 3 of the top 4 last year, remember?

How the **** have we improved?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 15 of 118   

Jump to: