Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
John West wrote:
The "other side" will also believe they are being logical, rational and sensible. They are likely to believe you aren't any of that. You would do well to focus less on your opinions of the personalities and more on your opinions on the footy and club. Don't get so caught up with the "other side" because it detracts from your ability to put forward your football opinion.

I see what you are trying to get at there and thanks for your comments. The problem I have is that at times, it is very hard to differentiate between the personalities and their opinions. And what really gets my goat is when these opinions are mentioned here as facts by such personalities.

Trying extremely hard to live and let live but much harder to deal with the repetitious opinions STILL mentioned as if they were facts.

I need not tell you that the flood gates will open again IF Collingwood lose on Saturday, no matter what some posters have tried to tell these particular posters, particularly a newbie.

Like I said, never the Twain shall meet, nor will the human trait differences ever get together in agreement about the current direction of the club we all profess to love and loyally support standing side by side. Crying or Very sad

It's simple lazza. Should we lose tomorrow, just do what they do after a win, (*waves hands in the air*) mysteriously disappear for the best part of a week.

Then you don't have to deal with anything.

That's free advice, anything ophthalmological will cost you.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Lazza wrote:
DP
You must examine the facts and come to your own conclusion.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 pm

So, anyway, with Fremantle presently 8 losses and no wins, would it be right to assess the viability of Lyon's ongoing tenure as Fremantle coach on the same basis as Buckley's ongoing tenure as Collingwood coach or would it be more appropriate to take the view that Lyon's record coaching of teams to Grand Finals in 3 of the last 7 years means that he has more credits in the bank than Buckley?
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, anyway, with Fremantle presently 8 losses and no wins, would it be right to assess the viability of Lyon's ongoing tenure as Fremantle coach on the same basis as Buckley's ongoing tenure as Collingwood coach or would it be more appropriate to take the view that Lyon's record coaching of teams to Grand Finals in 3 of the last 7 years means that he has more credits in the bank than Buckley?

Yes.

Cmon p4s. It's pants off Friday. My shout.

Nothing top shelf though

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:26 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
What's happening to our great club right now is sad and sickening. We are a joke and a rabble. The players are playing with zero confidence or enthusiasm to win and look defeated whenever they're our there. They look disinterested - like a team with no inspiration to even play the game.

Then, we have a coach who preaches intangibles and how he's going to make the tough calls. Well Bucks, that tough call will need to come from you at 6pm. I hope to f*** you get the sack or resign.

Last week was putrid, the week before just as bad. Apart from richmond, who lets face it, are a complete waste of space, we haven't achieved anything at all. Buckley is ruining this great club of ours and will continue to do so the longer he's left at the helm. Someone needs to make the call and oust him.

Our players run around clueless like they don't give a damn or worse, don't know what the hell is going on. We are so devoid of confidence it's not even funny.

We're being torn apart from the inside that I'm actually worried we'll be beyond repair by the time someone else takes over. We need to get rid of Buckley while there's still hope people - before it's too late.

He's lost the players, he's losing the fans. I don't know about most of you guys but I go to games now deflated and expecting to get done. I see heads down and a serious lack of passion and desire.

Bucks is the disease. Sacking him is the cure.

how is this going? did you enjoy the win (putting to one side it was against brisbane)?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:39 pm

You know the answer to that, JW. WW enjoyed the win, like we all did, but won't have changed his opinion after last week's game against a team that Paul Keating might have referred to as "uncompetitive swill".

It would be better if people didn't go overboard every time Collingwood loses but it would be equally good if people didn't stir the possum like this, after we beat up on crap, either.

The win was fun but it probably raised more questions about Brisbane than it answered about Collingwood.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:47 pm

^ you are right on all counts. it is wrong to stir the possum but i never knew you referred to ww as possum. perhaps you are his father?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The Dockers are 0/8 and Ross Lyon is under no pressure to hold his job. The Pies, dealing with a much deeper injury list, are 3/5 and apparently Bucks' needs to be replaced. This is pathetic.
Under the circumstances, Bucks has done a fantastic job making us competitive in every single game we've played, except for our opening game against the Swans, where the drugs saga sabotaged us. I am very confident that we will continue to improve throughout this season and be a genuine flag contender in 2017.

Agree with you totally RB. 100% in fact.

However, people talk about the difference being the lollipops and non lollipops drivel and KM just hit the nail on the head about simplifying what the major issue is on Nick's. Some see the club as already having the best possible coach available to steer this ship in the right direction and indeed see us currently going in the right direction.

Others simply see us not at all in this situation stated above and NEVER the Twain shall meet on this even if we all post till the cows come home, the fat lady sings or JW indeed gets a brain....... Twisted Evil Razz Cool

It is simply not going to be ever resolved on Nick’s because it is actually about human nature, personalities and human frailty. It is merely an extension of what we are in real life on various issues, either being optimistic, pessimistic, realistic, patient, impatient, staying cool, getting hot under the collar, having road rage or staying calm under pressure, keeping our heads while everybody else loses theirs or being prone to panic etc. etc. We ARE all different human beings and see the very same situation with different eyes, views and opinions; however these are mostly not be based on facts.

Thats actually pretty deep and spot on...you are full of surprises Lazza

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 pm

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Some of us, of course, are capable of keeping an open mind about such things and only feel the need to comment on obvious garbage, spouted by either side of the debate. If you think there's some reason why Lyon should be judged the same way as Buckley, given Lyon's record, feel free to try to explain what that reason is.

I'm not a Lyon fan. Think he takes a list and runs it into the ground. While that ultimately might (hasn't yet) achieve the ultimate success, it eventually leaves you with a club in need of a major overhaul. Be interesting to see how he goes lifting Freo up off the mat. Ironically, our list is now well placed for a coach like Lyon but not sure he can take it forward any better than Bucks.

The word irony is bandied about all too often these days, but.....

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:05 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ you are right on all counts. it is wrong to stir the possum but i never knew you referred to ww as possum. perhaps you are his father?

I'm not sure how you actually stir a possum, but with the mental images I just had trying to envisage it I'm going to have to go and secure the house before the assault from PETA. Shocked Confused Wink

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Easy, just tell him he's useless, can't get a kick, soft cock at the hard ball, hears the footsteps when running back with the flight, fairy floss, etc

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 pm

http://www.slang-dictionary.org/australian-slang/Stir_the_possum
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:12 pm

^

OK, I thought I knew em all, that's a new one for me.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:15 pm

See, stui, you're not a real Australian, after all. Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Hah. I'd never even seen a possum til I came to Melbourne where there's more of the bastards than mice and rats. They're typical suburban dwellers, can't cope in the bush.

Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 115 of 118   

Jump to: