Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Useless senior coach. Has been promoted above his ability.

Is only good as an assistant or line coach.

hot pie Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:58 am

Arm chair experts you people, culture at the Pies was out of control and things needed to change, and change they have.

See it through folks, the glory days are not far away.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:32 am

hot pie wrote:

+1
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:34 am

swoop42 wrote:
If we don't make finals next year then I agree he should be sacked.

We'll have an easier draw again.

What if we have a horror run with injury and miss the finals? Will that buy him another year?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:37 am

hot pie wrote:
Arm chair experts you people, culture at the Pies was out of control and things needed to change, and change they have.

I thought it was the football that mattered not the culture.
Yes, we did win a flag and just missed another before he took over.
But a team of boy scouts is what counts.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:38 am

Dangles wrote:
[quote="swoop42"]If we don't make finals next year then I agree he should be sacked.

We'll have an easier draw again.[/quote]

What if we have a horror run with injury and miss the finals? Will that buy him another year?
I can't say for sure right now.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've long be in th sunshine and lollipop brigade and defended Bucks relentlessly but afte last night I'm really concerned for th first time.
Look I can handle losing while we are playing youngsters and getting games into them. After the Hawks, Freo, Port run I was very bullish about where we are headed. Yes we've lost 5 games by less than 2 goals win 3 of those and were 6/7th.
But we didn't win them and our form has dropped off markedly.
Don't be confused folks the Swans aren't that good they will make the 8 and be bundled out very quickly. They are imposters
Now the coach can't kick goals for the team and he certainly can't help them on the field making stupid decisions under pressure.
But he can change the theme of how we play.
Try man on man for a change
Why do we constantly pick players who are obviously cooked in regards to confidence (Toovey)
How can players come to the club who are better than average kicks anda turn them into duds ? (Varcoe)
3yrs ago Sidey was a elite kick in the game hitting targets lace out from 30/40m now he can't kick it 10m accurately.
9 times last night he kicked it and it was called play on didn't travel 15m FFS
Has his skill been coached out of him ?
How many goals have we missed from set shots this year from inside 30m ?
I don't think I would be stretching the truth to say it would be over 100 (roughly 5 a game)
Last night they had 800 more games experience fair enough but how many times did players on the outside handballs back into the contest to a team mate under the pump and turn it over ?
Where are our outside runners ?
How many times do you see our players (2&3 at times) rush to the same content leaving there man free who gets the ball and hurts us ?
This is coached it's call manic pressure but surely at some time it's better to just hold your ground and man and make them execute there skills to beat you.
When was the last time we played man on man when the momentum is against us ?
When was the last time we made tactical moves during a game that come up trumps ?
Bucks isn't the sole blame but he is the head coach.
I believe Harvey is a complete dud. Pack him up send him back to st vomit marked inept coaching ability
Throw the kitchen sink at Bolton (that's if Adelaide Carlton don't sign him which they most likely will) or some who can actually bring in some experience from another club who have a sound team structure.
I don't want Bucks sacked I want him to succeed.
But if this same mess continues in 2016 then he has to go
I said a million years ago (ok maybe a bit of a stretch there)
His greatest strength as a player could be his biggest weakness as a coach
And that's his single minded determination to follow his process no matter what
We have talent
We have a great group of mid range (30-70 games) just about to enter there best period.
We have a solid and improving back line
We have (on paper) and very very good forward line (Cloke Reid Moore Elliott, Fasalo White DeGoey etc)
What we need now is the coaching to bring it all together.
He has about 12 games next year to show he's the man

Sorry but most would agree Varcoe is having his best year at the Pies… he has brought a new dimension to his game and his kicking is very good.

The Pies are only a little bit of poise and confidence away from beating the best teams in the comp.

Some straight kicking for goals would have seen us beat the swans and then what? Bux is a genuius!

This young group has some real stars coming through - love the work of Marhs and Moore turning a poor start around. The rarity is for various reasons Reid and Cloke were a little off and Moor is still very raw, however those big guys with Elliot and Faz around will be potent forward line - and of course the skills and speed of Varcoe will add some x-factor.

Bux will keep his position when the Pies are in the finals mix next year. if not he will go - but he will be staying for the long haul!

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:40 am

HAL wrote:
Dangles wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
If we don't make finals next year then I agree he should be sacked.

We'll have an easier draw again.

I can't say for sure right now.

Yeah. It's a tough one. How do you make a call on what someone can do with their best 22 when they don't have their best 22 at their disposal?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:45 am

yin-YANG wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've long be in th sunshine and lollipop brigade and defended Bucks relentlessly but afte last night I'm really concerned for th first time.
Look I can handle losing while we are playing youngsters and getting games into them. After the Hawks, Freo, Port run I was very bullish about where we are headed. Yes we've lost 5 games by less than 2 goals win 3 of those and were 6/7th.
Don't be confused folks the Swans aren't that good they will make the 8 and be bundled out very quickly. They are imposters
Now the coach can't kick goals for the team and he certainly can't help them on the field making stupid decisions under pressure.
Why do we constantly pick players who are obviously cooked in regards to confidence (Toovey)
How can players come to the club who are better than average kicks anda turn them into duds ? (Varcoe)
3yrs ago Sidey was a elite kick in the game hitting targets lace out from 30/40m now he can't kick it 10m accurately.
I don't think I would be stretching the truth to say it would be over 100 (roughly 5 a game)
Last night they had 800 more games experience fair enough but how many times did players on the outside handballs back into the contest to a team mate under the pump and turn it over ?
How many times do you see our players (2&3 at times) rush to the same content leaving there man free who gets the ball and hurts us ?
This is coached it's call manic pressure but surely at some time it's better to just hold your ground and man and make them execute there skills to beat you.
When was the last time we made tactical moves during a game that come up trumps ?
I believe Harvey is a complete dud. Pack him up send him back to st vomit marked inept coaching ability
Throw the kitchen sink at Bolton (that's if Adelaide Carlton don't sign him which they most likely will) or some who can actually bring in some experience from another club who have a sound team structure.
We have talent
We have a great group of mid range (30-70 games) just about to enter there best period.
We have (on paper) and very very good forward line (Cloke Reid Moore Elliott, Fasalo White DeGoey etc)

Sorry but most would agree Varcoe is having his best year at the Pies… he has brought a new dimension to his game and his kicking is very good.

The Pies are only a little bit of poise and confidence away from beating the best teams in the comp.

Some straight kicking for goals would have seen us beat the swans and then what? Bux is a genuius!

This young group has some real stars coming through - love the work of Marhs and Moore turning a poor start around. The rarity is for various reasons Reid and Cloke were a little off and Moor is still very raw, however those big guys with Elliot and Faz around will be potent forward line - and of course the skills and speed of Varcoe will add some x-factor.

Bux will keep his position when the Pies are in the finals mix next year. if not he will go - but he will be staying for the long haul!

The goal-kicking efficiency cost that game - it was probably lost in the third quarter, when the team dominated (that was a 10-goal quarter everywhere, except on the score-board) and, as with a couple of the other close losses to good teams, goal-kicking errors - and the continuing inability to kick bags of goals in extended periods of dominance - were costly.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 am

The main issue I have is that we have too many players around the ball and when the ball is cleared from the area more often than not it's the opposition who take possession. Another issue with too many players around the ball is that when we take possession we have have no one to kick it long to and that's why we don't move it quickly into our forward line with a long kick often enough. This is annoying because if Cloke gets one out with an opponent he'll win a marking contest nine times out of ten but he rarely gets the opportunity to be one out because we structure in a way that doesn't allow us to move it quick and kick it long into our forward line.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:03 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
We have talent

The goal-kicking efficiency cost that game - it was probably lost in the third quarter, when the team dominated (that was a 10-goal quarter everywhere, except on the score-board) and, as with a couple of the other close losses to good teams, goal-kicking errors - and the continuing inability to kick bags of goals in extended periods of dominance - were costly.

The voice of reason.

Who's fault is it, how do we fix it?

This has been a problem for too many years, and it's ironic in a game called "football" that our skills are so bad. I just don't see enough improvement to tell me we are even trying to fix it. Can anyone really say , gee ________ has really improved his kicking?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:10 am

You cannot improve kicking in any meaningful way once you have grown up.
You can modify the way you go about it, by doing more handballs, shorter kicks , kicking wider etc.....
but it is something that once you make it to AFL it is not going to change that much.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:12 am

Then we are £$%$ed
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:15 am

think positive wrote:
Then we are £$%$ed

No, we need to recruit better kickers and we need to improve our game plan to at least modify this aspect of our game.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:32 am

Buts it's called "foot" ball
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 2 of 118   

Jump to: