Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Ranger wrote:
Carlton probably favourites, then even money with Brisbane.
If we lose both of those, surely that's it for Bucks

you obviously did not watch carlton today.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Can't compare Essendon to West Coast. We had a real crack today for 2 quarters but this result and Sydney ones against real class teams shows how far away we are.

We will beat Carlton but the final 8 is settled in Round 6 IMO.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Beating Carlton would just take pressure off Bucks for a week and reaffirm what we already know which is we're not as bad as Carlton and Essendon despite our shortcomings.

God forbid we lose next week Shocked

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Jezza wrote:
Beating Carlton would just take pressure off Bucks for a week and reaffirm what we already know which is we're not as bad as Carlton and Essendon despite our shortcomings.

Lol, the drums will be beating that loud, you'll think you're in Jamaica!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Lol, the drums will be beating that loud, you'll think you're in Jamaica!

Could be a blessing in disguise you know...
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:14 pm

I wish he'd go. Love the club, but can't stand the coach
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Do you still want Choco ? Or is Josh Carr digested in Stewart Dew's stomach acceptable? I like the latter option.

www.facebook/the hybernators
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:20 pm

3rd degree wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Do you still want Choco ? Or is Josh Carr digested in Stewart Dew's stomach acceptable? I like the latter option.

Dora the Explorer or the Yellow Wiggle would be a better option
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:31 pm

^ Yellow wiggle, Emma, can do what she wants in my opinion...

Especially since she is a ballet dancer...

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 am

In my OP last year I highlighted, amongst other things, four key areas that haven't improved during the Buckley tenure:

1. Coast to coast goals by opposition happen regularly every week;
2. Red time goals conceded;
3. Goals conceded inside defensive 50 at stoppages; and
4. Turnovers because of too much handpass.

After 6 rounds of the 2016 season, I'd have to say that we are even worse in the above four mentioned categories than last year. Today solidified my opinion.

Well maybe we've improved in the goals conceded at stoppages inside defensive 50 simply on the basis teams just waltz through our defensive zones and hit up targets with our defenders little chance to bring the ball to ground and lock it up.

Cloke should have played on anzac day. It could have played him into form. I think it was a short sighted move. And I have no idea why, after the preseason he had, cox has not played from round 1. He has ten times the potential of witts.

GWS play a forward line of patten, lobb and cameron. Mumford rests upforward with lobb going to the ruck. I see no reason why we can't have a fwd line of cloke, cox and moore, with grundy resting and cox heading into the ruck.

Not having cloke as an option for a pressure relieving kick down the flanks at subi forced us to continue to go with the overuse of hands and to run at all costs.

We had 388 disposals (206 handballs) to wce 348 disposals. Yet they still had 34 scoring shots to our 17. So wce had a scoring shot for every 10 touches where as we had a shot for every 22 touches.

We are inefficient, ineffective and lack clear purpose. Thats the Collingwood brand I see in 2016. Basically nothing has changed. We cant maintain a 4 quarter effort let alone a 1 quarter effort. Our gameplan is putrid and goes to pieces under even the slightest amount of pressure. Sure it looks great when we are belting a vfl side on anzac day but against even teams anywhere from 1 to 16 on the table we get shown up.

We are gonna look back on this era in 10 years and think what a waste of young talent. Why'd we lack the balls to swing the axe on the coaches after the 2015 season?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:00 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:

We are gonna look back on this era in 10 years and think what a waste of young talent. Why'd we lack the balls to swing the axe on the coaches after the 2015 season?

Spot on again KM

But its not too late.
Just got to pull the pin on this coaching charade.

Football clubs are about winning premierships, they are the heroes.
And we have so many premiership players who want nothing more than Buckley to fail because of the way they have been treated.

So how the hell can the current crop truly believe and play with freedom and 100% commitment?

Ive always said that this is the heart of the problem.
Even Maxy is starting to speak out a little.
The jury is IN.

Apart from Pendles, name one other who would put their hand up tomorrow in support. Maybe there is - but i'll name you 16 out of the 23 who won't.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:02 am

A lot of hard work.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:03 am

Yesterday's game again highlighted several factors for me

1 We played 7 players with less than 25 games experience they had only 7 players who had played less than 100 games that's a massive experience gulf. 2/3rds of there side had played more than 100 games or around 5 seasons whilst 2/3rds of our side had played 1 season. It's not a excuse it's a fact. It doesn't change the fact that effort doesn't come from experience but composure under pressure does

2 When we're on and having a real crack we can match it with good sides. But for not thbeing first time this year we come out in the 1st term and are like witches hats. We then fight back admirably for 2qtrs and give the supporters a faint hope of a narrow loss or heaven forbid a win. Then they get on a roll in the last kicking 10 of the last 11 goals and were flogged

3 When the game swung back our way it was the likes of Crisp Treloar DeGoey who did many good things. We weren't reliant on Pendles which is a promising sign

4 Our defensive structure is non existent under pressure. We have to many unskilled players massed together. Brown Frost Toovey would be the 3 worst disposers of the ball in the comp and we have them all looked safely away in our back 6. Pressure starts in the middle and when we applied that our defence looked fair not great but was able to hold and very good WC forward line. We got killed in 2 qtrs by around 80 points combined but won 2 qtrs by around 18 points. We need to find 3 players with skill and can work under pressure to be any hope of being a finals team in years to come

5 Our on field leadership is as bad as it gets. This is not a blight on Pendles but he can't be everywhere doing everything. The lack of support from senior players like Brown, Greenwood, Blair, Sidebottom, Howe is so vastly diffent to the top sides it's not funny. The only senior player to show any on field leadership in support of Pendles this season is Varcoe. We need to find on field leaders to share the work load

6 We are missing Varcoe Swanny Ramsay Scharenberg Cloke Adams Elliott Williams. With the exception of Ramsay the others would have been considered in our best 22 prior to the season commencing. Elliott and Swanny we assumed would be our small forwards rotating through the middle as required. Both are notable goal kickers. Cloke at his best is a beast. Varcoe was our skill and flair on the outside complimenting the likes of Pendles and Sidey. While Williams Ramsay Scharenberg would have been seen as good to very good defenders with some attacking flair and some much needed skill coming out of defence. Adams is our #1 clearance winner and one of our better defensive mids in terms of tackling and pressure acts. That's every line affected some how by injury

I won't go into coaching because right now like many others I think Bucks is half our problem with his game style/plan/structure all failing badly.
The thing that is noticeable that when we play what appears to be our style/plan we are actually competitive but we can't and haven't played it for more than 2 qtrs in any game this year which is a real concern

Look things are bad but I don't think there deathly bad.

There were w couple positives yesterday
I thought Grundy broke even over the whole day which in many ways was a win.
Cox at least made contests and provided a target
Crisp had his best game of the year
Treloar is going to be a elite player for years to come
Moore is trying hard maybe to hard but he has courage and that competitive streak you want to see in players
Pendles is just like a good wine getting better with age. Bucks said in his presser Pendles was touch and go and had to pass a late fitness test but was still in our top3 players. He's been playing sore or busted all year but he's showing leadership to the younger guys by just getting out there.

We will win this coming week and the next and hopefully we will start getting some troops back and some cohesion in our line up and then we can see if we are actually heading in the right direction
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:46 pm

In round one I wanted to sack Buckley.
In round two I wanted to extend his contract.
In rounds three and four I wanted to sack Buckley.
In round five I wanted to Buckley's contract after Cox's goal.
In round 6 I say sack Buckley.

Call me old fashioned but I have my principles and like Groucho Marx: if you don't like them I have others.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:40 pm
Post subject: He will walk rather than be sackedReply with quote

Long time reader and a first time poster. Managed to spend some time with a recently retired premiership player with work and that player left the club on very good terms as he knew his time was up. Hasn't said a bad word about the club unlike Darren Jolly! The ex player in question said Nathan has taken the fun out of football. He said the players are sick of the constant meetings and the Leading Teams program led by Ray McLean. Said Nathan has blind faith in Ray and the players also think Trevor Hendy is a joke as he doesn't know the first thing about team success.

The drugs issue has divided the playing group. You have 2 groups, the sensible and boring types such as Pendlebury, Goldsack and Brown who prepare offield professionally. The other group is the party crew which has Adams, Fasolo, Sinclair, Oxley and some more. All those were and are very close to Josh Thomas and Lachy Keefe. When that story broke all the players made a pact to remain clean and not be so active in the party lifestyle. As soon as the positive test results got leaked, the clean group felt betrayed and the Leading Teams meetings saw a number of players turn on each other. One young player was bullied on and a number of players turned their disguist onto Buckley and Pendlebury for creating such a culture that has no unity and cohesion. Cloke also copped some heated discussion as many believed he had mentally checked out when he signed his new deal. The ex player said the players don't want to play for Buckley and that will see him walk before the season is out as he knows the writing is on the wall. His comment about the current playing culture is that it's toxic and there is no turning back. I don't have any reason to doubt this information as the ex player is very respected and never says a bad word about the club.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 78 of 118   

Jump to: