Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how some supporters will sit on the fence for 5 years, then at the last minute get in the corner with the man about to be guillotined.

What the hell is that ?

Public dropping and shaming of Cloke is just another part of the Buckley 'its not my fault' personality.
Better watch out Pendles it might be u next pal.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Did malthouse hang cloke out to dry like that 13 games into his career? Malthouse defended tarrant in the press forever, even when he was woeful at times. Thats what a good coach does. He shields the players from the media bullshit. .

Malthouse hanged Jason Cloke out to dry with his famous comment about playing better in the first one, the GF he didn't play in.

This worries me. After 2003, Ed sided with Malty who completely turned over the list after embarrassing his player post match. I fear Ed will do the same and back FIGJAM and allow him to get rid of the players.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:08 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Did malthouse hang cloke out to dry like that 13 games into his career? Malthouse defended tarrant in the press forever, even when he was woeful at times. Thats what a good coach does. He shields the players from the media bullshit. .

Malthouse hanged Jason Cloke out to dry with his famous comment about playing better in the first one, the GF he didn't play in.

This worries me. After 2003, Ed sided with Malty who completely turned over the list after embarrassing his player post match. I fear Ed will do the same and back FIGJAM and allow him to get rid of the players.

I can't imagine it'll come down to torches and pitchforks... but whatever?!!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:22 pm

What's happening to our great club right now is sad and sickening. We are a joke and a rabble. The players are playing with zero confidence or enthusiasm to win and look defeated whenever they're our there. They look disinterested - like a team with no inspiration to even play the game.

Then, we have a coach who preaches intangibles and how he's going to make the tough calls. Well Bucks, that tough call will need to come from you at 6pm. I hope to f*** you get the sack or resign.

Last week was putrid, the week before just as bad. Apart from richmond, who lets face it, are a complete waste of space, we haven't achieved anything at all. Buckley is ruining this great club of ours and will continue to do so the longer he's left at the helm. Someone needs to make the call and oust him.

Our players run around clueless like they don't give a damn or worse, don't know what the hell is going on. We are so devoid of confidence it's not even funny.

We're being torn apart from the inside that I'm actually worried we'll be beyond repair by the time someone else takes over. We need to get rid of Buckley while there's still hope people - before it's too late.

He's lost the players, he's losing the fans. I don't know about most of you guys but I go to games now deflated and expecting to get done. I see heads down and a serious lack of passion and desire.

Bucks is the disease. Sacking him is the cure.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:54 pm

And Carlton have just won. Now, even that game in a couple of week is looking like it's not going to be a walkover.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:59 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
What's happening to our great club right now is sad and sickening. We are a joke and a rabble. The players are playing with zero confidence or enthusiasm to win and look defeated whenever they're our there. They look disinterested - like a team with no inspiration to even play the game.

Then, we have a coach who preaches intangibles and how he's going to make the tough calls. Well Bucks, that tough call will need to come from you at 6pm. I hope to f*** you get the sack or resign.

Last week was putrid, the week before just as bad. Apart from richmond, who lets face it, are a complete waste of space, we haven't achieved anything at all. Buckley is ruining this great club of ours and will continue to do so the longer he's left at the helm. Someone needs to make the call and oust him.

Our players run around clueless like they don't give a damn or worse, don't know what the hell is going on. We are so devoid of confidence it's not even funny.

We're being torn apart from the inside that I'm actually worried we'll be beyond repair by the time someone else takes over. We need to get rid of Buckley while there's still hope people - before it's too late.

He's lost the players, he's losing the fans. I don't know about most of you guys but I go to games now deflated and expecting to get done. I see heads down and a serious lack of passion and desire.

Bucks is the disease. Sacking him is the cure.

Maybe something is going on. Maybe our players have had enough and are taking things into their own hands. An onfield mutiny to make something happen.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:00 pm

This is Buckley's lowest ebb - I think we will probably go in as the underdogs against the Bloozers and lets be honest they are crap!

I have tipped the Pies to beat the Bummers but it is based on blind faith… who would have thought at the start of this year we would face such a depressing scenario???

Ed, Bux - now is the time - motivate - yell - threaten - inspire - do whatever it takes but get this team back on track. Give the players and supporters some hope because right now we are hopeless Sad

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:57 pm

In The Age this evening, by Matthew Lloyd:
Magpies players must take responsibility

Date
April 23, 2016

Matthew Lloyd
Essendon premiership player

Collingwood is on a hiding to nothing in Monday's Anzac Day clash against Essendon. If they win, I expect the general response to be, "so they should". If they lose, it will be a disaster for the club and Nathan Buckley. The repercussions could be massive.

Magpie headquarters would not be a fun place to be around at the moment. I know what it feels like to be at a big club that's underperforming and everyone at Collingwood would have been on edge over the last week from the president Eddie McGuire down to the bootstudder. It's now up to the players to improve their own performances.
Uninspiring: Collingwood's stats.

Uninspiring: Collingwood's stats. Photo: Supplied

Although there would have been many home truths spoken after the Melbourne loss last Sunday, the club becomes your sanctuary at times like this. Coach, players and staff are going through the same thing together and understand the feeling. The outside media and the general public aren't so sympathetic.

Buckley's coaching credentials are being seriously questioned and so they should with just three from the last 15 games. I was fortunate enough to tour Ireland as a 20-year -old in 1998 with Buckley as part of the International Rules series and I learned much from him in that two weeks about how to go about preparing yourself to being the best player you can be.

Buckley left nothing to chance and he is no different as a coach. The Magpies' current predicament would be his greatest challenge yet.

Many Collingwood players look a shadow of their former selves and appear to lack belief and confidence in the game style Buckley is asking them to play. Frankly, they have been embarrassed in three of the first four rounds by Sydney, St Kilda and Melbourne. And that after such a promising pre-season series.

So much scrutiny has and will continue to fall onto the coach but what about his players? Travis Cloke has taken most of the heat, but it's hard to find more than a couple of Collingwood players who have enhanced their reputations in recent weeks.

Scott Pendlebury must go back io the centre of the ground from the opening bounce and if he needs a rest, go to the bench or the forward line. The half-back experiment was worth trying but it hasn't t worked. I can only imagine he was put to half-back to improve the Pies' kicking efficiency or to protect an injury he was carrying.

The Pies are now ranked 17th for overall clearances and 18th for scores from clearances. They are also ranked 15th for kicking efficiency. With numbers like that, they need their skipper and general in the centre of the ground and not in the defensive 50 where he is spending most of his time chasing an opponent.

With no Pendlebury in the centre square or the injured Brownlow medallist Dane Swan, the midfield has become pedestrian. They aren't getting first hands on the ball through Brodie Grundy and the centre-square players Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams, and Jordan DeGoey, among others, are lacking the experience and foot skills to get the ball going, which is putting enormous pressure on not only the backline but the forward line as well. Cloke is playing as though he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I have been there before and you start going into games questioning whether the game has passed you by and with the thoughts that you are just one game away from heading back to the VFL. It takes only one moment to change your total outlook or frame of mind - and that can often be a hard chase or tackle that gets you going and suddenly the ball starts bouncing your way, which it hadn't in previous weeks.

Cloke needs to get back to playing on instinct and the club needs to keep working with him to rebuild his confidence because he's still their best forward if he can get his head right.

Recruits Levi Greenwood, Jeremy Howe and James Aish have yet to stamp their authority at any stage this season while Treloar is working extremely hard but, like most of his teammates, he wouldn't be happy with the way he has used the ball by foot.

Turnovers are absolute killing Collingwood and it has been that way for some time.

Darcy Moore is yet to capture any of the form we saw from him late last season. Moore has played only 13 games so expectations can't be too high but as the opposition learn more about you - as they have with Moore - your work rate has to go through the roof as he has become too easy to defend.

Moore has averaged just eight disposals and kicked three goals from four games this season. He needs to get to more contests and keep asking questions of the defenders he is playing on.

Anzac Day is a significant day on the football calendar. In my time, playing l on that day was a privilege I never took for granted and the build-up to the match and the atmosphere at the MCG gave you big-game experience. Collingwood's motto is "side by side we stick together" and now, more than ever, the players need to live by that creed.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-players-must-take-responsibility-20160422-goclo4.html#ixzz46kSDrYKM
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 am

makri wrote:
And Carlton have just won. Now, even that game in a couple of week is looking like it's not going to be a walkover.

When do we play Freo... Wink

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:31 am

Freo will pick up you will see
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:24 am

Brave words after they have just been rolled by Carlton in Perth.

Looking at the bigger picture I wonder if Richmond and Freo are two other high drug effected clubs that just haven't been named externally?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 am

^

Freo is an interesting case. They finished on top of the H&A ladder last year now they look like a rabble.

You don't lose skill overnight, the coach just got a multi year extension, so how do they go from top to bottom in the space of 1 pre season?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 am

They have had 4 stunning footballers leading their charge. Their full back retired, their ruckman broke, the best CHF since Carey just got too old (and plays on only because they had no-one else). Fyfe still plays, of course, but has been slowly getting back to his best after his injuries. Outside those 4, there aren't too many great players in structurally important positions in Freo's team.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:41 am

stui magpie wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

That's true. And that was a dumb move by Malthouse. He shouldn't have said it. He displayed poor leadership and was rightly criticised for it.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:46 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

That's true. And that was a dumb move by Malthouse. He shouldn't have said it. He displayed poor leadership and was rightly criticised for it.

Totally agree, personally I was pretty disappointed with those comments.

Jason had his day, ups and downs, and who knows if he hadn't been suspended in 2002 what would have happened. Such is life.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 71 of 118   

Jump to: