Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Line in the sand moment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
We are a crap kicking side because we have a sh...it load of players who can't kick.
It really is that simple.
But hey Hine is a genius!!!!
Everyone keeps telling me this!

Too many ambisinister players you reckon?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:47 am

That's a rather sweeping generalization.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:47 am

simon tonna wrote:
Adams is soon to be an elite footballer, he has some improvement left to be one but is showing all at collingwood what it takes.
it's hard to watch us go through this period which lazz de silva takes about but hang in there. maybe it's time to start feeding the lads some roar meat.

Another Collingwood butcher of the ball!
Great heart, great intensity, great in and under but poor kick.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:49 am

I believe also Adams will become elite, and it won't take long. Moore will be an absolute superstar. Langdon is the gutsiest little bugger getting around, he just never quits. Crisp and degoey, with the way this team is going, are such a better get than keeping beams, so I'm wrapped. Especially since he didn't want to be here, and these guys obviously do.

Defence: we need a general. So many bagged Maxi, but he was just such an amazing leader, made up for his footy skill short comings. I just wish so hard that something had been done re Shaws attitude. I said it was the right call. Nope, I'm wrong. We should have persisted. (Can't remember who we got from this, so please remind me). With some friendlier people skills, he could have been an improved maxi. Maybe it will be Marley? Another I was wrong about. Wasn't convinced we should let his life hiccups pass. I love this kid. He's just so fantastic, so gutsy, never quits, awesome. Tooves is toast. Can't see him making it back. Frosty is good, but he seems a little slow, but maybe that's because we always seem a man short in defence. Where is Dwyer at, we sure miss him. Bit harsh on Sinclair guys, he's been gone a long while, deserves more of a chance. Maybe caff is what we need. To late this season. Brown is looking at a holiday, and in still undecided. I think he's still solid. Certainly, body wise this year, he is a lot more reliable. But when a team spends so much time defending, it's defence is doing a lot more work than it should. Seeing so many defenders firing at goal, or close to our goals last night, just fantastic, how the **** did we lose?

And I'll tell you. We can't kick. Straight or even crooked half the time. We hand ball way too much to get out of trouble, it just goes from the pot to the fire. And out hand ball skills melt under pressure.

Centre: Pendles is not right. Those smashing him last night, I don't say it often, but hang your heads in shame, how $£$%^%%$ dare you? He should not be out there, it's obvious, did you see him shirk anything? Not try and compete? He has been so magnimanious for so long, and he's wounded, and you turn on him. Get £$%$ed.

Swan, don't know how long he can maintain it, but he has found the fountain of youth this year. Nothing to bag here. Will go down as an all time great for Collingwood.

Forward. Moore will be amazing. I just pray we don't **** up his kicking. Cloke. Ah yes. Was he injured last night in the second half? As for the thread well, fair enough too. The way that game was played, it was forward plenty in the second half, where the **** was he? He should have won is that game off his big hands and his big boots. It was there to be won by a giant. All to often that giant isn't there. I want so bad to love him. But gees, he makes it hard. I would have even taken him kicking, 3.12, we would have won! He still has time to be an elite forward. Yeah I know, he is one. I'm telling you he's not. He will go down as a shoulda been. We need a kicking coach. We need a forward coach. Pull out all stops, and get Lloyd. Ugh, that hurts, but we need him. He made it look so easy. We make it look so $£$%^%%$ hard!we have the ball forward so much, every game, we should be killing it.

Faz. Deserves his place, he's no longer selfish, playing his heart out, but as a small forward he needs more assistance, someone to take the heat off. Two big falls would do it. Moore is too light yet to be that. That's why white should still be playing, til Moore gets the body size. And Cloke wasn't sighted second half so yeah, our mosquito brigade were on their own. Jamie working hard, still learning to live with the tag. And yes I know Blair is on borrowed time, but his guts the last few weeks especially, he's still top 22, maybe that's sad to some of you, but. Not to me. I just love his effort. I love anyone who succeeds against the odds. He will always be a premiership hero, of the greatest team there is. And he deserved that medal.

Hopefully Caff comes back stronger than ever, and can turn back the clock. Same as for Ried, I'm too scared to say his name he's so fragile! Looking the best he has in a couple of years. Fingers and toes crossed.

Varcoe. Ugh, I hate Geelong. But oh man I just love Varcoe!

Coach. Mm. I just don't know, I have to be honest. So,e very strange selection choices. I'm not convinced we selected the last few weeks with the aim of winning. Not playing White a couple of weeks back, against Melbourne cost us the game, I have no doubt. A 19 year old kid, and a bunch of oompah loompahs is not a forward line. Are we trying kids? Are we, cough, tanking? I'm sick of losing these honourable losses. We need a hard fought win to buck up these kids. And last week doesn't count. Just to. Meh. I've backed the decision, all the way. I'm starting to think I was wrong. The first half of the season, we looked fantastic, but who did we play? Last season, the first half was awesome, and then we crashed. No good being top four in June of you crash and burn. Is it the fitness staff? Obviously they are better than the last couple of years, we ain't down to the waterbody yet.

I will give you my hint. Either we recruit for the wrong reason, ie fitness or tank over footy skills, skills over footy attributes (height). We have some great little players. Just too many of them. And we have a whole team full of players that can't $£$%^%%$ kick. Too many without footy brains. Where is the awareness? A few weeks back Cloke missed one from 15 out, slight angle. I could have kicked it in heels. That's not acceptable. Until we fix our kicking, we are a joke. We are going nowhere.

I don't know who's fault it is. But if Leigh Matthews or bomber Thompson are looking for a job, throw the bank at them.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:52 am

Seriously, Ross Lyon will be at the end of next season.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Seriously, Ross Lyon will be at the end of next season.

He will do. How many grand finals has he lost? Just sack him the day after the prelim!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Memo doom and gloomers, we are a very young side learning the trade, the swantits had 800 more games experience than us, sure we made stuffups, but hey,thats what young teams do, they make balls ups, they learn by their mistakes. Jeeesus, what a bunch of impatient bastards some of you are, it takes time fools, time and match experience. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MAGPIEAVENGER 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Memo doom and gloomers, we are a very young side learning the trade, the swantits had 800 more games experience than us, sure we made stuffups, but hey,thats what young teams do, they make balls ups, they learn by their mistakes. Jeeesus, what a bunch of impatient bastards some of you are, it takes time fools, time and match experience. sigh.

Ah very nice post.
But unfortunately the "doom and gloomers" will always bitch n moan at anything they can sink there teeth into.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:00 am

Piesnchess wrote:

I'm glad your on this side of the fence PnC because I had a beautiful 'Sack Mick' post from you to quote that you made, I think in 2009 Laughing

Lessons learned hey? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: