Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down to Swans . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
courtza wrote:
Settle down, never gonna make the eight anyways, havent got the team to win the flag, yet.

Cloke started like a gun and faded, Reidy second game blues, Pendles surprisingly fumbly.

Swan on fire, Moore and the other youngins did a great job.

800 games less experience, I'd be more disappointed to be a swans fan, they are old and not good enough.

Yep the first thing I did was to remove the Swans from flag consideration this year. They are not good enough.
A few of us are not surprised as this is exactly how a developing team plays, inconsistent football. That is why we picked them pre season to finish in the 9-12 bracket. Will continue to improve as a team.
Would not at all surprise me if we beat the Tigers next week.

We had principally the same expectations but I thought we could have scrapped into the bottom of the 8. In reality that would have happened if our kicking in front of goal was anything but poor over the last half of the season. If we have beaten the Hawks and Freo we would have been in a much better space between the ears as well as being 8 points ahead of our current position. With confidence we could have won more games going forward.

It was always going to be a development year and we have got some games in some kids and it is obvious were have a few very good keepers amoungst those we have recruited over the last two years.

A good development years with some good steps taken in the right direct but a few disappointing results along the way.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
courtza wrote:
Settle down, never gonna make the eight anyways, havent got the team to win the flag, yet.

Cloke started like a gun and faded, Reidy second game blues, Pendles surprisingly fumbly.

Swan on fire, Moore and the other youngins did a great job.

800 games less experience, I'd be more disappointed to be a swans fan, they are old and not good enough.

Yep the first thing I did was to remove the Swans from flag consideration this year. They are not good enough.
A few of us are not surprised as this is exactly how a developing team plays, inconsistent football. That is why we picked them pre season to finish in the 9-12 bracket. Will continue to improve as a team.
Would not at all surprise me if we beat the Tigers next week.

We had principally the same expectations but I thought we could have scrapped into the bottom of the 8. In reality that would have happened if our kicking in front of goal was anything but poor over the last half of the season. If we have beaten the Hawks and Freo we would have been in a much better space between the ears as well as being 8 points ahead of our current position. With confidence we could have won more games going forward.

It was always going to be a development year and we have got some games in some kids and it is obvious were have a few very good keepers amoungst those we have recruited over the last two years.

A good development years with some good steps taken in the right direct but a few disappointing results along the way.

Yep member, agree with all that. The team is just not quite ready for the big dance yet is the gut feeling I get. Need to continue improving in quite a few areas. No reasons why they can’t continue to improve. Need another key forward and key defender in my humble opinion, as well as vast improvement from our current batch of mid fielders. They have been a bit down in the last month or so. Need to really lift big time.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:54 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
hmm, thompsoc wants people to attack the message and not the messenger? Tells people to shut up, calls them a fool, a rabbit and idiot in his 1st 5 posts of this thread without provocation Question

I see you noticed this too. Constantly giving it out. Can't take it back.

As to the game, well yeah. Pretty frustrating month or two now. Sydney were well off their game, especially after the opening frenzy died down. We couldn't keep our feet early too. Must have changed stops at quarter time or something.

I thought we showed a bit as the game wore on but just didn't have what was required to finish it off. Could be some of that belief. Could be that after so many close games we're developing a choke. Probably more that Sydney is still a better team than us, even as they decline. Either way, we need a couple of good wins to get the shit out of our system. Straighten up the kicking (it's only been a decade or two now) and rotate out some of the more tired looking kids and we could be a show.

Richmond is ripe for the picking. They too have belief issues and don't handle expectation so well.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:00 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We lost this game for 2 simple reasons.

1. We missed far too many set shots at goal.

2. We got well beaten in centre clearances, where the Swans got 4 goals to our one.

How do we overcome these deficiencies?

1. Composure in front of goal will mainly come from confidence and more experience. Obviously we need to keep working on this skill set, but I'm confident we'll see this area of our game improve next season.

2. We need an injection of real class in the midfield. Presently we are too reliant on Swanny and Pendles to win games for us. The recruitment of Treloar and/or Aish should solve this problem. It may end the futures of Greenwood and Blair, who are both battlers, but not A grade. We must raise the bar of what we require of our mids.

So overall, our deficiencies are obvious and the solutions are eminently doable. Given how well we've performed against the top sides this year, and the fact that we have a host of really good defenders developing on our list in Maynard, Oxley, Frost, Williams, Langdon, Ramsay, Marsh and Scharenberg, added to the exciting forwards of Moore and Reid who will both be much better next year, I'm extremely confident we'll have a very good season in 2016 and will push for a top 4 spot.

I don't think that Greenwood is properly match fit. He missed a fair bit of footy and wouldn't have been able to run for a lot of that. Happy to give him a full pre-season and another look at him next year before stamping his cards
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:54 pm

jdg wins this week's rising star nomination.
bkelly123 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:49 pm

John Wren wrote:
jdg wins this week's rising star nomination.

Good on him! Has been playing great footy pretty consistently. Would be awesome to see Darcy get a nomination too before the year is out:)
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:46 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-08-17/maxy-what-will-brown-get
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 am

Geek wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We lost this game for 2 simple reasons.

1. We missed far too many set shots at goal.

2. We got well beaten in centre clearances, where the Swans got 4 goals to our one.

How do we overcome these deficiencies?

1. Composure in front of goal will mainly come from confidence and more experience. Obviously we need to keep working on this skill set, but I'm confident we'll see this area of our game improve next season.

2. We need an injection of real class in the midfield. Presently we are too reliant on Swanny and Pendles to win games for us. The recruitment of Treloar and/or Aish should solve this problem. It may end the futures of Greenwood and Blair, who are both battlers, but not A grade. We must raise the bar of what we require of our mids.

So overall, our deficiencies are obvious and the solutions are eminently doable. Given how well we've performed against the top sides this year, and the fact that we have a host of really good defenders developing on our list in Maynard, Oxley, Frost, Williams, Langdon, Ramsay, Marsh and Scharenberg, added to the exciting forwards of Moore and Reid who will both be much better next year, I'm extremely confident we'll have a very good season in 2016 and will push for a top 4 spot.

I don't think that Greenwood is properly match fit. He missed a fair bit of footy and wouldn't have been able to run for a lot of that. Happy to give him a full pre-season and another look at him next year before stamping his cards

Agree, think Greenwood has improved every game. Does take time for players to adjust to playing in new teams and his injury only delayed that.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:58 am

jackcass wrote:
Agree, think Greenwood has improved every game. Does take time for players to adjust to playing in new teams and his injury only delayed that.

It frustrates me no end that people need to be told really simple stuff like this repeatedly..... Rolling Eyes

Do they honestly expect a player to go into another team and immediately be BOG every week? Shocked

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Greenwood has improved to the point where he resembles a slow sloppy stinking turd.

We will give him some slack given the injury.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:05 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Hard to be fired up in a game when you are out of contention and the Players many of whom will be in self preservation mode. The Tigers are full of run and aggressive in their approach as they are in the finals and I expect a mauling. Anyone player who is carrying an injury should be rested and operated on. All future players should be getting a run as the cue is firmly in the rack.

Lets cause a blue and put a few them out of the finals lets suck in sookwolt and that other poser Brandon Ellis!
lmao, we would come off second best going by the past few games.

We need the old smiling Assassin Corrie to come in and knock some skulls.
Known these days as "The Rouge of RedCliff" he's on the undercard to the Danny Green fight allegedly! Wink

Lovin' that Corrie!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:27 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Greenwood has improved to the point where he resembles a slow sloppy stinking turd.

We will give him some slack given the injury.

I wouldn't properly judge Greenwood until next year where he has a full pre-season under his belt and he's raring to go from round 1 provided he has no injury setbacks over the summer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: