Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can anybody tell me what Collingwood's game plan is?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
You chase a lump of pigskin around a muddy ground as if your bloody life depended on it and when you get it you kick it to buggery and go chasing it again.

Settle Geoff.

Football shits me.

Well I wish you told us that before we falked out $100,000.00 for you: a kid with potential. [script to that effect...]

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:11 pm

The same game plan that was obvious when we were winning
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Can anybody tell me what any team's game plan is?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:30 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
You chase a lump of pigskin around a muddy ground as if your bloody life depended on it and when you get it you kick it to buggery and go chasing it again.

With the team we'll have next year Jesus Christ would be flat out making the reserves!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:45 pm

On a serious side our plan is the same as it has been all year.
Manic pressure at all times across the ground, work off turnovers with quick breaks, tackle anything in a opposition jumper, when in doubt go back or wide.
Mightn't be the best plan but when your working with a young side and limited elite skills you have to work to any strength you can find.
Our biggest strength is enthusiasm of youth.
We will get better no doubt
We will improve our skills (I'm praying so)
Also we still haven't had our best 22 on the park together once in the past 2 seasons. I would be surprised if any other club could make that exact claim.
DeGoey, Crisp, Scharenberg, Oxley, Sinclair, Greenwood, Williams, Frost, Langdon, Adams, Elliott, Fasalo, Freeman, Kennedy, Ramsay, Marsh, Grundy Witts, Moore, Cox, Abbott, Broomhead, Dwyer, Gsult, Goodyear, Maynard, Seedsman, Thomas & Keefe are yet to play 75+ games which is considered to be the minimum requirement for a players development.
That's 29 of our list close to 65/70% of our list yet to reach the minimum.
Let's revisit this discussion in 2yrs and see if there's a marked difference in our style of play.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:52 am

I understand every thing everyone one is saying. And I agree the young guys have huge potential. It's just that I don't see any METHOD. If a mark is taken, first thought is to go backwards. If they are in close, first thought is to handball backwards. There hasn't been a decent kick in plan since Leon left and that constantly gets us into trouble.

The doggies are almost as young, but they play with METHOD.
We should release all shackles on the players and let them display their skills. If you are in a position to mark, go for it instead of punching. If you see a pass, hit it straight away instead of fearing a mistake.

Run past for a handball, play on when you mark. Play some exciting football instead of flooding. I constantly see, when it actually does happen, a player break through the middle of the ground, couple of bounces, then they look up, stop and go backwards because there aren't any forwards to kick to.

If this is a game plan, then those collective coaches we have should be embarrassed. Free them up and let them play. You'd be surprised just how much the skills would improve if players were allowed to express their natural ability, instead of been hamstrung into a defensive mindset.

Come on Bucks, Harves, Burnsy. You were all great free flowing players who were magic with the ball in your hands. Coach your team the same way.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:42 am

jatsad wrote:
I understand every thing everyone one is saying. And I agree the young guys have huge potential. It's just that I don't see any METHOD. If a mark is taken, first thought is to go backwards. If they are in close, first thought is to handball backwards. There hasn't been a decent kick in plan since Leon left and that constantly gets us into trouble.

The doggies are almost as young, but they play with METHOD.
We should release all shackles on the players and let them display their skills. If you are in a position to mark, go for it instead of punching. If you see a pass, hit it straight away instead of fearing a mistake.

Run past for a handball, play on when you mark. Play some exciting football instead of flooding. I constantly see, when it actually does happen, a player break through the middle of the ground, couple of bounces, then they look up, stop and go backwards because there aren't any forwards to kick to.

If this is a game plan, then those collective coaches we have should be embarrassed. Free them up and let them play. You'd be surprised just how much the skills would improve if players were allowed to express their natural ability, instead of been hamstrung into a defensive mindset.

Come on Bucks, Harves, Burnsy. You were all great free flowing players who were magic with the ball in your hands. Coach your team the same way.

Fair points jatsad can't argue. The Bulldogs list is a bit different though in terms on where there experience players play and the type of players on the list.
I would love to see us run and gun more and we have seen at times this year we can.
I'm just not convinced the doggies game plan will hold up under pressure in September. I hope I'm wrong because it's very exciting to watch.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:53 am

another season or two in the gym will help the cause too.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:41 am

John Wren wrote:
there's about six or so elements that comprise "the game plan" so not as straightforward to be able to describe it in simple terms. as a style, it's predicated on having weight of numbers around the ball, creating and halving contests, and turning over the oppo ball. our mids and forwards work as a unit, so too our defence. when our team defence breaks down we are in all sorts of problems.

with such a young squad (there's that description again) our guys are going to take some time to learn and execute it. we have seen glimpses of it when we haven't had much opposition but i don't expect to see it wholly executed for some time yet. it will stand us in good stead when we next make the finals. for all the bulldogs wins, will their game be able to stand up in finals?

No game plan per se Your Honour, its more the overall vibe of the ting....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:43 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
John Wren wrote:
there's about six or so elements that comprise "the game plan" so not as straightforward to be able to describe it in simple terms. as a style, it's predicated on having weight of numbers around the ball, creating and halving contests, and turning over the oppo ball. our mids and forwards work as a unit, so too our defence. when our team defence breaks down we are in all sorts of problems.

with such a young squad (there's that description again) our guys are going to take some time to learn and execute it. we have seen glimpses of it when we haven't had much opposition but i don't expect to see it wholly executed for some time yet. it will stand us in good stead when we next make the finals. for all the bulldogs wins, will their game be able to stand up in finals?

No game plan per se Your Honour, its more the overall vibe of the ting....

yes, we shall code name our game plan "mabo".

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Dangles wrote:

each club is going to have 17 different game day strategies and within that a number of substrategies depending on how things are panning out. then there is the prevailing game style of which is more apparent to the casual observer.

but, unless you live and breath this stuff, most of us won't be any the wiser to what is actually happening.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Give it a fortnight and the gameplan will be "Give it to Jono and let him run the length of the ground with it".
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:39 pm

IT aint rocket science, our plan is simply too attack like buggery, and kick more goals than our opponents. simple really.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Dangles wrote:

No?
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:05 pm
Post subject: OmgReply with quote

I presume you don't go to the games. Bucks has one of the best game plans going around. It is so secret for good reasons. To stop other teams copying it. The Club will not release the game plan to members. I hope you understand why.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: