Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies beat Blues . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
You couldn't possibly retain Moore on that display with Cloke available and White in match-winning form.

White and Match-Winning is 2 Words I never thought I see in the Same Sentence Shocked

DTM, White is not my favourite player but he did kill that VFL game off with his brilliant first half. Credit where it's due, he was stunningly good, on the day.

Agree, and more importantly for White he actually clunked a few overhead contested marks which was his major issue.

Appreciate Dave's angst on the possible inclusion of White at the expense of Moore. Moore is the future but he's just not impacting yet, 5 games, 4 as a forward and he's managed 5 goals. Sadly, all those came in 1 game.

Didn't know half a game of footy in the VFL gets you a game back in the AFL. Meanwhile PK played four quarters of good footy but doesn't get a mention because everybody is looking for an excuse to bring White back and drop Moore.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:57 pm

That's a bit silly. My post was a response to DTM's lauding Moore's effort.

I am happy to see PK come in, too - but he's not going to play as a tall forward.

Also, I didn't say that White only played half a game - he was very good the whole game but he absolutely murdered them in the first half. He has that capability, at least at VFL level - he tore Geelong apart in the VFL game down at Kardinia Park last season: on that occasion, his last quarter was nothing short of breathtaking.

As I've said elsewhere, he's not my favourite player but if you assess his VFL game fairly, it's difficult to see how he could be left out this week and Moore retained - that's what the discussion was about.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:08 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
You couldn't possibly retain Moore on that display with Cloke available and White in match-winning form.

White and Match-Winning is 2 Words I never thought I see in the Same Sentence Shocked

DTM, White is not my favourite player but he did kill that VFL game off with his brilliant first half. Credit where it's due, he was stunningly good, on the day.

Agree, and more importantly for White he actually clunked a few overhead contested marks which was his major issue.

Appreciate Dave's angst on the possible inclusion of White at the expense of Moore. Moore is the future but he's just not impacting yet, 5 games, 4 as a forward and he's managed 5 goals. Sadly, all those came in 1 game.

Didn't know half a game of footy in the VFL gets you a game back in the AFL. Meanwhile PK played four quarters of good footy but doesn't get a mention because everybody is looking for an excuse to bring White back and drop Moore.

Karnezis was playing a role and doing things I don't think he's capable of at senior level. Maybe he gets picked as a sub, but I'm not high on him. VFL form is always to be viewed sceptically.

We left a glaring hole in our team last week by playing no second ruck. White or Witts needs need to play next week if we are serious about competing. Moore is the obvious out, but we could omit Marsh and move Moore to defense.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Watched the first half of the game on Saturday evening. Thought the umpiring was shocking and we couldn't get screwed much harder than that. Then watched the second half today.... Wow. Who was the manchild tearing us a new one? Unbelievable. Surely the umpiring bosses should be explaining themselves after such shite. So much inconsistency. So many bad decisions.
The Starcevich Coterie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 pm

A couple of observations from Sunday. May have been mentioned previously in this or other threads. Apologies if so.

Marsh had a good debut, but he is very, very raw and nowhere near as composed as Frost and Langdon were in their footballing introductions. His football journey is going to be an interesting one to follow. I am presuming there will be plenty of dash, attacking forays and hard tackling interspersed with wayward skills and loose marking. I was surprised at how much finger pointing and directing he was doing even though his opponent was taking uncontested marks and kicking goals. This could be interpreted as ‘leadership’ but honestly, from my vantage point behind the Punt Road goals, he caused confusion and muddle amongst the defenders until Frost seemed to tell him to shut up and concentrate on his opponent. Next week I want to see Marsh the ‘Indian’, not Marsh the ‘chief’.

I was also keen to see Scharenberg take the field and was pleased but not blown away. The most striking thing about him was that when the siren went, he shook the hand of one team mate, looked into the middle distance and then sauntered away toward the half back flank whilst his team mates congratulated each other in the central corridor. He was noticeably separate from the group and seemingly underwhelmed. It was only when a Carlton player sought him out that he wandered back toward the milling crowd and made cursory efforts to be involved… He might be a ‘different sort of character’, but if he is going to be a leader he has to at least appear interested.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:22 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ That might be right if the guy you'd be replacing had touched the ball to any useful effect in his previous two games against bottom-standard opponents. That is not the case, here - Moore will be a good player but, at the moment, the "Vacancy" sign is up at CHF.

And White was after all a surprise omission in the first place. He'd kicked 2.2 and given off a couple of others. There was something the coaches wanted him to work on which I assume was his contested marking and he was hitting those up on Saturday.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:27 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It was good enough to get Moore a debut.

Been strongly advocating PK get a game for weeks as have a few others. Not sure where you're coming from.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:29 am

The Starcevich Coterie wrote:
Marsh had a good debut, but he is very, very raw and nowhere near as composed as Frost and Langdon were in their footballing introductions. His football journey is going to be an interesting one to follow. I am presuming there will be plenty of dash, attacking forays and hard tackling interspersed with wayward skills and loose marking. I was surprised at how much finger pointing and directing he was doing even though his opponent was taking uncontested marks and kicking goals. This could be interpreted as ‘leadership’ but honestly, from my vantage point behind the Punt Road goals, he caused confusion and muddle amongst the defenders until Frost seemed to tell him to shut up and concentrate on his opponent. Next week I want to see Marsh the ‘Indian’, not Marsh the ‘chief’.

Did not Notice The Finger Pointing. I was in the Southern Stand.

Done that in the VFL and seems Respected by them down in the VFL.

Though that can Improve at AFL Level with Experience.

Trying to Follow’s Maxy’s Style of Leadership

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

The Starcevich Coterie wrote:
A couple of observations from Sunday. May have been mentioned previously in this or other threads. Apologies if so.

I was also keen to see Scharenberg take the field and was pleased but not blown away. The most striking thing about him was that when the siren went, he shook the hand of one team mate, looked into the middle distance and then sauntered away toward the half back flank whilst his team mates congratulated each other in the central corridor. He was noticeably separate from the group and seemingly underwhelmed. It was only when a Carlton player sought him out that he wandered back toward the milling crowd and made cursory efforts to be involved… He might be a ‘different sort of character’, but if he is going to be a leader he has to at least appear interested.

Both interesting comments.

I mentioned in the Sharenberg thread, half tongue in cheek, that he didn't sing the song with much gusto; along with your observations, I wondering if there might be smoke where there is fire

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:00 am

I got this email today from the Club. A bit of concern about the low crowd.

Hi ,

Thank you for being a member in 2015.

Based on our attendance information, we understand that you did not attend the Collingwood v Carlton game on the weekend.

We would like to obtain your feedback so we can understand the reason you chose not to attend.

Complete this survey by Sunday 16 August 2015, and you will go in the draw to win a 2015 team signed guernsey.

Your honesty is valuable and will help us ensure we meet the needs of our members.

This survey should only take 2-3 minutes to complete.

CLICK HERE TO HAVE YOUR SAY

Thank you in advance for your feedback and we hope to see you at the football again soon.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:03 am

Where did you get your this email from the Club? I have a very high credit score.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: