Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies beat Blues . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
didn't understand that arabic dancing nonsense before the game. what the hell was that about. also arabic music during the game

That was the call to prayer. Didn't you go and pray when they played the music?
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:26 pm

schuey07 wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
didn't understand that arabic dancing nonsense before the game. what the hell was that about. also arabic music during the game

I didn't leave my seat, but I was facing (north) toward Mecca.
I prayed to for us to beat Carlton filth
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

I didn't leave my seat, but I was facing (north) toward Mecca.
I prayed to for us to beat Carlton filth

That's all you had to do. Well done, you win the multicultural round award. Wink.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:31 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Oh so good;

Quote:
@RonnyLerner: Collingwood have now beaten Carlton six times in a row for the first time in 116 years #AFLPiesBlues

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This deserves a thread of its own! Smile
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:32 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Oh so good;

Quote:
@RonnyLerner: Collingwood have now beaten Carlton six times in a row for the first time in 116 years #AFLPiesBlues

Back then, Queen Victoria was still on the throne, Australia as a country didn't exist and John Wren was turning a quid out the back of his tobacco shop...

Fair to say, it's been a while between drinks...

am hoping the wallabies can break a 13 game losing streak to the all blacks. i live in hope.

Larry 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:37 pm

http://m.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/dane-swan-looks-like-he-cbf-ed-but-really-wants-to-win-says-nathan-buckley/story-fniv64s8-1227475607833
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:37 pm

Some will continue to live in hope JW. Razz
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Come on Dyso old son. I know you're a true died in the wool old school Collingwood man, so I'd like you to enjoy our victories and get on board the Bucks train. He's going to be our coach for another decade at least and will deliver us numerous Premierships. One in all in, side by side. Cool

Brucey, every win over Carlton is like Christmas to me, but twice a year.

Buckley must show improvement in his coaching strategies and team selection. I've given up on 2015 after last week, and today wasn't inspiring.
You'll notice that I jumped on the Tiggers last week, to be my 2nd team, and right on cue, I've jinxed them as well, and they too have hit the wall.

But I digress... We cannot afford Buckley to slaughter another pre-season, where fitness is paramount to ball usage.
2016 must bring a better skill level by hand and foot if we seriously want to challenge teams sitting 1-8.
All we have to show for those efforts in July was so close, but so far...

I doubt Buckley or any AFL coach for that matter will be given much latitude in the coming years for any sustained periods of mediocrity on field.
Clubs and supporters want results, not promises of potential.
I for one don't expect a premiership anytime soon, just improvement.

I fail to see the logic in over-contracting a coach who is in no danger whatsoever of being poached by another AFL team any time soon.

I have little doubt he dodged a bullet this afternoon.

One in all in, side by side. But with eyes wide open....

Dyso

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Big relief to win but that was an ordinary performance though. The first three quarters were pretty lacklustre and dull and while the last quarter provided some nervous moments it was a more entertaining and free-flowing game with plenty of goals.

Great to see Swan and Pendlebury play strong games and lead the way. With Reid up forward, our forward line functioned a lot better and the likes of Fasolo and Blair thrived from this. In the defence, Marsh settled in very well on his debut and despite being the sub Scharenberg was great in the final quarter.

There's still a lot of issues at the moment. I suspect it's a mixture of things such as loss of confidence from six consecutive losses, our game plan breaking down and fatigue and tiredness that is ultimately the causes or catalyst of our ordinary performances recently. This season very much resembles what we saw in the second half of last year and I can only see us winning one more match for the rest of the year against Essendon in the final round but who knows what will transpire. Maybe we will have a late season resurgence but I think finals are a long shot now this year despite the win today.

However in saying that it's pleasing we won and hopefully we can build onto greater things from this victory.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Good to see sinkers, Reid & marsh play, all be it way to late in the season. Each shared equal honour for good first game of the year, sinkers did play this year but we missed his forward counter attack more than most would agree, so a special first mention to him again.
Swan, pendels and Varco were the difference in the end and will someone pay me out already for Varco as copeland medal winner!
Some set shot shockers today. Sidebottoms was a reflection of the kind of footballer he is atm.
Our centre clearances are a real worry, we seem to be beaten every single time and it needs to be a focus for the future. Cripps tore us to ribbons and he's not that fast!
Umpires well what else is news. Marsh on walker in the first was a decision that resembled a coach of the under 10s with a whistle teaching the defender that rough play is not sportsman like in this league.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:55 pm

they were on average 2 years older then us.. Many lols. WE are going to be pretty dam good in 1-2 years.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Cant remember ever being less impressed with a win over The Scum.

It was just a flat uninspiring match. The players look like they know the season is over.

The upside was Reid, Sinclair, Marsh & Scharenberg. The downside is the game plan, whatever it is, is pretty much shot. I know Cloke will straighten us up a bit, but really, anyone else other than Brisbane would have beaten us today.

Looking forward to seeing a forward line of Cloke, Reid & Moore over the next few years. I really hope Reid stays forward, we can always find another backman, but a forward that can kick goals is what we really need.

As for Bucks, well, if we are in the same position next year, he will be under all sorts of pressure to keep his job - we will probably finish in a similar position to last year, so our draw should be roughly the same, so there will be no more excuses.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:59 pm

On the March wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Oh so good;

Quote:

This deserves a thread of its own! Smile

Indeed! Smile

Collingwood has now beaten Carlton 122 times and are only three wins away from equalling Carlton's record of 125 wins over us! Collingwood has beaten Carlton 11 out of the last 13 clashes since Round 17 2009 and have won 15 out of the past 20 clashes against Carlton since Round 6 2006.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:20 pm

Positives
We beat Carlscum
Reid made it without injury
We beat Carlscum
Fasolo did well
We beat Carlscum
Pendles and Swan did well
We beat Carlscum
Not much else
However We beat Carlscum

It does not matter how many times you say it its still fanastic

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:33 pm

And let's take at least another 15 of of the next 20 games...
Not a great display but at least they stuck with the task and got the job done. Great to see a win with so many players with a handful of games or less in the team. How would it be for them to throw caution to the wind, regain some form and find a way to take down the swans next week?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: