Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The game has lost me

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And as for 50 metre penalties - how many times I saw players hold on to other players when they had taken a mark. It wasnt paid once. Step over the mark by a foot - bang! And yet that application was inconsistent.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:42 am

And as for the persistent kicking the ball sideways - its just ugly. I get why they do it but most of the time it doesn't achieve anything except maybe stopping the opposition from getting the ball. It certainly doesnt help scoring - less goals than ever.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 am

And marking duels. Every bloody time a forward goes to mark its fair game for the defender to push against them, hold, block, anything they can. That is failing to allow the kind of forward play I grew up with and enjoyed. Even Lockett wouldnt be able to deal with that.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:51 am

And that is all only whats happening on the ground don't get me started on whats happening off the ground. When did AFL become the social monitor. Events this week definitely impacted on the crowd - but not how you might think. It just mean people felt compelled to watch without emotional involvement. It was the most flat game I had ever seen and the smallish crowd was such for more resons than current form.

The AFL seeks to feed us information for their purposes and this results in a version of the game I am no longer comfortable with. If thats how its going to be they have lost me , lost me after almost 50 years. Trouble is they don't care, numbers are ok they will say. Well I got news for you ...**** off!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 am

This might be interesting to those posting in this thread:

https://jeffdowsing.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/era-era-on-the-wall-2011/
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:55 am

Ok one last thing. The expansion of the game. How great is that now playing games on the GC and Western Sydney. Wowee! Pouring money down the drain like there is no tomorrow. Ignoring Tassie and the foundation clubs - even better lets take money off them and hand it to those who can't generate their own revenue. What a great idea! No better recipe than to stuff everyone up.

The clubs who cannot compete, who cannot find their own market should have been eradicated long ago - but no balls for that!

I've had enough. Sorry guys for the rant.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:04 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
This might be interesting to those posting in this thread:

https://jeffdowsing.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/era-era-on-the-wall-2011/

Yes a lot in that that rings true PP. It's a sad day when we cant go to the footy and just enjoy the match for what its is. Players, coaches and fans alike.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:29 pm
Post subject: Re: The game has lost meReply with quote

On the March wrote:
Went to the game today for the first time in a long time. What was served up, by both sides, was an abomination. I wont be back.

What have they done to the game I loved? Sad

And believe me this has nothing to do with the fact we lost.

Nothing? Not even 1%? Wink

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:43 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Look when Bertha and I first had sex behind the Corio Cricket Ground Nets it was awesome. Now years later I don't bother. She is boring and dull. Overweight and unable to perform to my expectations. I prefer my neighbours wife who is a lot younger and loves Aussie guys like me.

Your dissatisfaction with our team is no different. You need more stimulation. They are tired and boring.

You need to find a new spark in your lives. Try Tindr

Now this is the Hiss I welcome and celebrate. Very funny mate.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Have a look at this video from the 1.27 mark. This was exceptional but not unusual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqht-S2INJs

Mind you there is a lot of other stuff on that video I am glad is gone (way too violent)
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 pm

I would have to agree in respect to the game day experience. In contracst to the game againgt the the Dogs this was a shocker. When considering this is the attacking version of Roo's game plan it is bloody hard to watch. He may have found a way to win but if they contine in the vein nobody will be watching.

Also, we now have all the LED ligting continually displaying advertisers messages on several levels thoughout the game. Leave the bloody scoreboards alone. When you look up to see what is happening at the other end of the ground you are greeted by an advert, some twitter idiot or a public announcement. Leave the f'n thing alone and use it for what is was initially intended. We have paid to be their but the clubs and the AFL greed have no boundaries. We pay to be there and in return we are treat us with contempt and like cattle to prod and probe with advertising.

On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 pm
Post subject: Re: The game has lost meReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:

Nothing? Not even 1%? Wink

Well maybe it triggered me to say these things but all of it is true. I long for a Didak, a Daicos, a Medhurst, a Davis even a bit of Thomas magic. Those freaky goals.

Or how about a Tarrant screamer!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Losing doesn't help, but people are getting sick of the style of games, inconsistent umpiring (which is a result of constant rule changes and directives to umpires).

And also, being told what to do at the footy.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Being screwed twice inside 50 for legit passes that were deemed "not 15" in the first quarter, costing us a goal and Melb scoring on the counter (12-point swing) is blatant 'opportunistic cheating' that cannot be policed. I'm over our boys just copping the raw end on every 50-50 just turns me off the 'game'. I'm a member, and haven't been to the footy in over 2 months. Seriously, our boys can't buy a holding the ball, our forwards can't win a free kick inside 50. I watch A LOT of other games in TV. Believe me...we get SCREWED! I'm over it, AFL, Eddie, got it?
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:46 pm

RudeBoy nailed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: