Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Crowd of 37,894 against Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Wonder if part of it is also that we've lost a lot of 2010 favourites/crowd favourites

The 2010 team was a very "Collingwood" team, if that makes sense. It was cheeky, had rat-bags, had guys who'd stuffed up and come back. This team is very young, we aren't as invested in them yet. Plus it has a lot of players from other clubs, and free agency and trades makes it easier to leave a la Beams.

I think people aren't as invested in the people playing in the jumper anymore, because they could leave at a moments notice. Loyalty isn't a big thing anymore, and people know that?

nope, the bandwagoners have jumped off. will be back on again as we close in on regular finals appearances.

Not sure it'll get back to the last few years

Crowds and interest is down across the comp, especially with the kids

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:08 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
John Wren wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Wonder if part of it is also that we've lost a lot of 2010 favourites/crowd favourites

The 2010 team was a very "Collingwood" team, if that makes sense. It was cheeky, had rat-bags, had guys who'd stuffed up and come back. This team is very young, we aren't as invested in them yet. Plus it has a lot of players from other clubs, and free agency and trades makes it easier to leave a la Beams.

I think people aren't as invested in the people playing in the jumper anymore, because they could leave at a moments notice. Loyalty isn't a big thing anymore, and people know that?

nope, the bandwagoners have jumped off. will be back on again as we close in on regular finals appearances.

Not sure it'll get back to the last few years

Crowds and interest is down across the comp, especially with the kids

ironically, i am sure "the year of the fan" has killed it somewhat too.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Jezza wrote:
I saw this post on BF but it pretty much sums up quickly why people are not attending games these days especially in Victoria.

Quote:
Congested football, onerous goal line reviews, repeat bouncing after goals, low scoring, political issues paralysing the game, drugs, administrations scruples being questioned heavily.. Footy is going through difficult times and crowds are increasingly reflecting this.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2015-attendance-thread.1089045/page-83

Pretty good summary really.

I'd add the cost factor. People are doing it tough, negative wages growth and day to day expenses booming. I know myself it's increasingly difficult to justify the $40-50 in fuel, the $10+ for parking, the cost of food and drink at the game or enroute, the cost of a few drinks pre-game if you catch up with mates, all on top of ticket prices.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:53 pm

^ add to that the job losses earlier in the year.

what are the crowds like state by state?

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:01 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I saw this post on BF but it pretty much sums up quickly why people are not attending games these days especially in Victoria.

Quote:
Congested football, onerous goal line reviews, repeat bouncing after goals, low scoring, political issues paralysing the game, drugs, administrations scruples being questioned heavily.. Footy is going through difficult times and crowds are increasingly reflecting this.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2015-attendance-thread.1089045/page-83

I'd add the cost factor. People are doing it tough, negative wages growth and day to day expenses booming. I know myself it's increasingly difficult to justify the $40-50 in fuel, the $10+ for parking, the cost of food and drink at the game or enroute, the cost of a few drinks pre-game if you catch up with mates, all on top of ticket prices.

Yes of course it is.
Must be that Richmond supporters all bought small electric cars, gave up the piss and got promoted at work.

What a load of crap!

Next guess Einstein ??
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:14 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Quote:

Yes of course it is.
Must be that Richmond supporters all bought small electric cars, gave up the piss and got promoted at work.

What a load of crap!

Next guess Einstein ??

Free full strength beer for Collingwood members would double our crowd numbers within a week and make our membership the most sought after and cherished ticket in town. If I run for President there will be two types of membership. Wet and Dry. The Wet Magpie Premium Package includes free full strength beer at all our home games.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:19 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Quote:

Yes of course it is.

What a load of crap!

Next guess Einstein ??

Free full strength beer for Collingwood members would double our crowd numbers within a week and make our membership the most sought after and cherished ticket in town. If I run for President there will be two types of membership. Wet and Dry. The Wet Magpie Premium Package includes free full strength beer at all our home games.

In cans?

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Hiss wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Quote:

Yes of course it is.

What a load of crap!

Next guess Einstein ??

and the dry? you get to dry hump bertha as part of the deal? may as well since you are cavorting with the spearchucker's wife. can i say that without offending anyone? booooo. there, i've boo'd myself.

Carro 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Hiss wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Quote:

Yes of course it is.

What a load of crap!

Next guess Einstein ??

Where do I sign my good man?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: