Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is our trade bait

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I think Armstrong should get another year, at least. We're short of guys who can hit targets coming sideways from the back-line.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Totally agree with you. We desperately need guys who can hit a target.

Unfortunately, when he plays with the big boys, he invariably is the target...and he gets hit.

He's definitely a skilful player, but he is just not strong enough to hold his ground in the AFL. Crying or Very sad
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I think Armstrong should get another year, at least. We're short of guys who can hit targets coming sideways from the back-line.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Totally agree with you. We desperately need guys who can hit a target.

Unfortunately, when he plays with the big boys, he invariably is the target...and he gets hit.
Crying or Very sad

That is really really funny

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Where is the "extreme sarcasm" emoticon, when you need it? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:15 pm

My thoughts are we will be the first team offering up future draft picks in this years trade. Our Pick one this year and our pick one next year as what we have available on the table are not worthy of a first round pick.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:45 pm

You could be right, Culprit. I remember hearing Hine say he was a big fan of the concept. I'm not sure how it will affect the father-son stuff but it won't preclude us from the draft because we can trade into it, if we (Hine) think it worthwhile.
On the March 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Heard Terry Wallace (yes I know) say that Hawks would withdraw their $ from the equalisation funding if the ability to use future picks was not allowed. His suspicion was something was brewing....and to be honest if I was Hawthorn I would do the same thing. They have a great chance to win premierships whilst their guns are still in the right age bracket.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:35 pm

roar wrote:
You could be right, Culprit. I remember hearing Hine say he was a big fan of the concept. I'm not sure how it will affect the father-son stuff but it won't preclude us from the draft because we can trade into it, if we (Hine) think it worthwhile.
I look at it this way. This years Round 1 for Treloar, next years for Aish. When you look at our list we could deal those two picks if those players are the priority. My understanding is that GWS could then use them this year or not use them to the following year, happy to be corrected. People talk about Seedsman, Faz, Witts & Kennedy which I would suggest none are worthy of a first round draft pick.
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:04 pm

[.[/quote]I look at it this way. This years Round 1 for Treloar, next years for Aish. When you look at our list we could deal those two picks if those players are the priority. My understanding is that GWS could then use them this year or not use them to the following year, happy to be corrected. People talk about Seedsman, Faz, Witts & Kennedy which I would suggest none are worthy of a first round draft pick.[/quote]

If ya read the paper and Yarren and Henderson are 1st round trade picks, we could end up with 5 1st rounders if all those are traded

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:27 pm

I guess our round 1 selection is our biggest bit of trade bait.

Now pick 7 with Port winning.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:51 am

With Adcock, Leuenberger, Redden, Martin all expected to leave the lions they are going to be totally devoid of experience. Talk is Staker is gonski as well.
I think they will want AFL ready players not more rookies who have to be trained up.
Seedsman ha been spoken about so we might be able to sweeten the deal with another player not seen in our long term future instead of using our first round pick for Aish.
GWS as I understand it need picks for their academy players this year and next. Apparently they have a couple real good ones coming through.
So we might be able to trade 2nd rd this year and 1st rd next year for Treloar. Or vice a versa. This years draft isn't apparently over stocked with elite talent so maybe keeping our powder dry for next year is the best option long term.
I hope we are players at the trade table to better our list or increase of draft position going forward.
Unless it's a huge win to our current list or improved our draft prospects in coming years don't do any deals.
I'll put this to you all.
If we truly believe our window is about to open and 2016 onwards we are going to be in contention should we trade now to get better draft picks going forward on the presumption that we will be finishing high on the ladder and won't have a decent 1st rd choice ?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:10 am

No sacred cows at this stage of the rebuild; if the price is right, all interesting trades to be considered

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 am

how would trading away next year's first round draft pick impact on us being able to draft joshua Daicos under the father/son rule? I'm assuming he'll be in next year's draft?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Does anyone know if he can actually play?

I remember that when Daics was starring in the seniors, there were rumours that Victor was "even better". I'm mindful that we had to go through aboutr 14 Clokes and 37 Shaws before we got a good one of either.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:02 pm

Apparently Karnezis. Word is Hawks are interested in him.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Apparently Karnezis. Word is Hawks are interested in him.

And why wouldn't they!
He can actually kick the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: