Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is our trade bait

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Who is our trade baitReply with quote

Heizenberg wrote:
Confident a premiership window is ominous with the core of this young list and the way they play. Still much room for improvement. And still perhaps some tough calls to be made in terms of who to trade. For me, Witts and Grundy are both going to be dominant ruck man, however wont fulfill their potential in the same team. Witts is like a young Sandilands and has surpassed Grundy this season for mine. Grundy, Seedsman, and quite a few others I would be interested to see what we could get in return. Who is everyone else's trade bait for the end of this season?

Trading Grundy will be Total Idiotic Idea. Why Give away arguably the Best Young Ruckman in the League. Shocked

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Yes Grundy has value but it probably hasn't improved in the last 12 months.

He is a lot better then where he was last year

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:44 pm

loki04 wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Dangles wrote:
It'd be like Chris Bryan and Guy Richards all over again.

You mean the pair who got us within 5 points of a grand final berth that we would've won in a canter Question Rolling Eyes

No he's talking about the pair who cost us a grand final spot due to their ineptitude.

Bryan took maybe three steps too many lining up for goal on the run in 3rd quarter. Richards in team by default due to Fraser missing.
Richards arse handed to him in a bow by Ottens - career over.

Yes, 2007 still shits me too.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:54 pm

piedys wrote:
loki04 wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Dangles wrote:

You mean the pair who got us within 5 points of a grand final berth that we would've won in a canter Question Rolling Eyes

No he's talking about the pair who cost us a grand final spot due to their ineptitude.

Bryan took maybe three steps too many lining up for goal on the run in 3rd quarter. Richards in team by default due to Fraser missing.
Richards arse handed to him in a bow by Ottens - career over.

Yes, 2007 still shits me too.

Unfairly maligned, the pair of them; you can't run a Clydesdale in the Melbourne Cup, and Ottens was the best in the business at the time

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:08 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Goldsack
Witts
Seedman
Kennedy
Scharenberg
White

Witts - Has value and i think with Grundy, Cox, Moore as back up has value... and is still say watch this space with the Treloar deal.
Seedman - Word is the Lions like him, if we are chasing Aish could form part of a deal but Aish would also cost us something else.

Kennedy - maybe, who knows would like to keep him could take a year or so more to develop. But yes has some value.

Scharenberg - i don't think we need another thread do we?

White - we paid very little, do you really think his value has gone up since he came to the pies? someone might pick him up, but it would be as a de-list.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:10 pm

loki04 wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Dangles wrote:

Yep. That's them. We almost made the GF in spite of them not because of them.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:10 pm

For trade value I would choose Sidebottom. He would perform better at a different club, under a different coach. He is the one of a few players we have that is a good swap for who were after. He could be what it takes to get a top priority to us.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:13 pm

I'd have Sidebottom just behind Pendlebury in the "trade bait" list.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:52 pm

simon tonna wrote:
For trade value I would choose Sidebottom. He would perform better at a different club, under a different coach. He is the one of a few players we have that is a good swap for who were after. He could be what it takes to get a top priority to us.

Not such a bad idea, the reality some don't understand is that you do have to give up something of value to get something of value.

Sidebottom you would only hang out if you had a chance at say Dangerfield.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:36 pm

For us to go forward we need to move players with currency and Sidebottom, white and Seedsman are three we have seen the best of and whilst being good in patches they show no more improvement.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:06 pm

simon tonna wrote:
For us to go forward we need to move players with currency and Sidebottom, white and Seedsman are three we have seen the best of and whilst being good in patches they show no more improvement.

Sidebottom - Has value

White - has no value. Honestly, he cost us nothing why would someone pay for him?

Seedsman - yes also had some value

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:02 pm

simon tonna wrote:

And I thought I was the only one thinking that way. There was talk that the Saints were going to make a big play for him at end of 2016. Not sure whether that's because his contract runs out then or because he becomes a restricted free agent.
If it is because he becomes a restricted free agent, then considering the options at end of 2015 with Sidebottom would make sense.
I have been disappointed with him this year but that is for another thread.

There is no such thing as a free lunch and if trading Sidey means bringing in a quality KPP into the team, then I am not against it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Sidebottom and Witts will not be going anywhere.

Only fringe players like White, Kennedy, Seedsman, Karnezis and Scharenberg will be possible trades, but even then, I suspect only Seedsman and Scharenberg would have any trade value.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Where do people think Goldsack sits in our future plans? Could he be offered up for trade? His good is very good, but his ordinary is very ordinary and after a decade on our list he still hasn't nailed down a spot as his. I realise his hardness and flexibility are great assets, but with the emergence of Maynard, Oxley and Marsh I'm not sure he's needed, apart from giving us depth. Thoughts?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Where do people think Goldsack sits in our future plans? Could he be offered up for trade? His good is very good, but his ordinary is very ordinary and after a decade on our list he still hasn't nailed down a spot as his. I realise his hardness and flexibility are great assets, but with the emergence of Maynard, Oxley and Marsh I'm not sure he's needed, apart from giving us depth. Thoughts?

A honest plodder in many ways but the sort of guy who gives everything he has but agains the best in the AFL he struggles.
Others have leaped over him in regards to the role he plays.
If we could use him as part of a deal to secure a Aish or Trelaor or alike to strengthen our list then so be it.
He might fit better into another clubs plans than he appears to in ours going forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: