Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is our trade bait

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stoliboy wrote:
Then there is a whole list of other players that have already been mentioned in this thread.

Depending on how far away we think we are.

1. Travis Cloke (28 y/o) - Can play for another 4 years. If we aren't going to be pushing for a premiership in that time we could trade him to a Gold Coast or GWS type side that would love him as a marquee. Could we snag Jonathan Patton or Jeremy Cameron in a trade?
2. Jamie Elliot (23 y/o) - Don't want him to go but if he is unhappy at the Club, and the players have lost trust with him (they don't celebrate with him when he scores a goal), we could get a pretty good trade here.

Here is a list oc current Collingwood players which you can sort by age, games played, etc - http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-collingwood-magpies?year=2015&sby=13

You just named our 2 best goal kickers
We can't make 10 goals a game now so what are we aiming at ... 5 goals a match.
And make the Hobbit the full forward!

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
Then there is a whole list of other players that have already been mentioned in this thread.

1. Travis Cloke (28 y/o) - Can play for another 4 years. If we aren't going to be pushing for a premiership in that time we could trade him to a Gold Coast or GWS type side that would love him as a marquee. Could we snag Jonathan Patton or Jeremy Cameron in a trade?
2. Jamie Elliot (23 y/o) - Don't want him to go but if he is unhappy at the Club, and the players have lost trust with him (they don't celebrate with him when he scores a goal), we could get a pretty good trade here.

Here is a list oc current Collingwood players which you can sort by age, games played, etc - http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-collingwood-magpies?year=2015&sby=13

That's true: Cloke has 33.22 for the season. But he is miles off his 2011-13 form where he kicked 69, 59 and 68 goals in a season even accounting for finals - http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/T/Travis_Cloke.html

And Elliot has 31.12 for the season. But he more consistent. In 2013-2014 he kicked 30 & 33 goals. I don't want to trade Elliot but if he wants to leave we might not have an option - http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jamie_Elliott1.html

And whilst both of these guys are our best goal kickers we have a horrible return rate for our Forward 50 entry. Some of that is how we are getting it into the forward line but some of it is also players like Cloke not doing enough. How refreshing was it to see Reid return and take marks in the forward 50 and kick goals!

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:08 pm

stoliboy wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

That's true: Cloke has 33.22 for the season. But he is miles off his 2011-13 form where he kicked 69, 59 and 68 goals in a season even accounting for finals - http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/T/Travis_Cloke.html

And Elliot has 31.12 for the season. But he more consistent. In 2013-2014 he kicked 30 & 33 goals. I don't want to trade Elliot but if he wants to leave we might not have an option - http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jamie_Elliott1.html

And whilst both of these guys are our best goal kickers we have a horrible return rate for our Forward 50 entry. Some of that is how we are getting it into the forward line but some of it is also players like Cloke not doing enough. How refreshing was it to see Reid return and take marks in the forward 50 and kick goals!

The amount of forward entries mean little when you press up like we do, our game plan is a KFs worst nightmare, when Cloke was at his best I reckon he couldve gone close to the ton if he played for Hawthorn.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:20 pm

To be fair to Cloke, he was in career best form before his injury. He played with it for a week or two before succumbing and just hasn't hit the scoreboard since.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:44 pm

I'd seriously consider Henderson, he's a decent kick and he wouldn't get the no1 forward with us, he's also versatile, come 2017 we'll get Keefe back and a back line featuring Keefe Henderson and one of Brown-Frost would certainly look better than what we have now.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:10 pm

For a bloke who is such a great mark, Cloke has been the most overrated key forward of all time. Apart from kicking about 16 goals in 3 games this year, he's averaged about 1 goal per game over the rest of the season. He's in serious decline, and I think we should look at trading him now, while he's still worth something.

So my trades would be Cloke, Seedsman, White and Fasolo.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
For a bloke who is such a great mark, Cloke has been the most overrated key forward of all time. Apart from kicking about 16 goals in 3 games this year, he's averaged about 1 goal per game over the rest of the season. He's in serious decline, and I think we should look at trading him now, while he's still worth something.

So my trades would be Cloke, Seedsman, White and Fasolo.

If we wanted to make Danger an offer he couldn't refuse we'd probably have to trade Cloke, get the best deal we can and we'll pay part of his salary, no ones going to want him on 800k, but they might for 500k, that would free up 500k for the Danger fund.

You like this.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:30 pm

If Elliott wants to leave, I'm done. Seriously, when arguably our most exciting young prospect (human highlight reel, goal kicker) wants our, then something is wrong with our club and I'll 'support' from home. I'm assuming he actually wants out, obviously, according to the above comments.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Does Elliott want to leave? He resigned for 3 years a few months back?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Guys, we shopped Toovey around a couple of years back (remember the stand off with his contract?) there were no takers, if there were none then there certainly won't be any now, he should be delisted come seasons end.

You like this.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:00 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Instinctively I am against trading Witts, but if he can be used to gain the trio of Treloar, Bennell and Aish or even the duo of Treloar and Bennell then I think it would be worth consideration. Based on current ladder positions and rumours I've come up with the following possible trades:

Witts and COL 2015 3rd to GWS for GWS 2015 1st (net 1173 draft points = ~ pick #13/14)

Karnezis to HAW for HAW 2015 2nd (563 draft points = ~ pick #32/33)

COL 2015 1st and COL 2015 2nd for Treloar (2400 draft points = ~ pick #2/3)

HAW 2015 2nd and COL 2016 1st for Bennell (2207 draft points = ~ pick #3/4)

GWS 2015 1st and COL 2015 4th for Aish (1686 draft points = ~ pick #6/7)

Oxley, Seedsman and Dwyer for Redden (assuming Redden wants out and Brisbane need AFL-ready players willing to play for them)

Grab a backup ruck (eg Giles or Currie type) for cheap.

Look at Stevie Johnson as an FA if he is delisted.

Look at drafting/rookie listing a couple of KPF types from State leagues (eg Ash Close and Michael Still).

Probably getting slight overs for Witts and giving slight unders for Redden (I'm assuming the rumours he may want out are true). Other draft point index values look okay to me especially if the players are out of contract, nominate the Pies and have the option of going in the draft.

Explain how we get Bennell out of the above "Di Vinci code"?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Bumpskis peeps?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:13 am

Defender wrote:
Guys, we shopped Toovey around a couple of years back (remember the stand off with his contract?) there were no takers, if there were none then there certainly won't be any now, he should be delisted come seasons end.

I thought Toovey shopped himself around hoping for a bigger contract, then found out his market value was less than he thought.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:17 am

Wokko wrote:
Defender wrote:

I thought Toovey shopped himself around hoping for a bigger contract, then found out his market value was less than he thought.

www.realitycheck.com

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:19 am

Wokko wrote:
Defender wrote:

His manager certainly entertained offers, but there weren't any, not any better than our offer anyway.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: