Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down to Dees. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
If you recruit dumb, ineffective kicks of the ball Nathan and play bloke with the offensiveness of a "Tibetan Monk conference" you'll throw up performances like today.

But of course we are "irrational Pies" supporters reacting to a loss! And all the "law and order" defence attorneys out there on this site (yes you Jackcass) it's time to defend the indefensible!!

lets not divide ourselves as fans. I'm mean as a organisation such as a
football clubs there will always be stall wart unwashables who will
always hijack any free speech and opinion with age old delusional
prognostication compared to the fan that sees and reports what he sees.
to proclaim a commitment to what you love and want is what you have a right to do.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 pm

They were putrid today. Only four weeks since they ran the hawks so close. They have run out of self belief and intensity for the contest since then. Losing Cloke has exposed their forward line badly. We simply must find a kpp to take up some of the load up there.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm out of the Country and the team is struggling. Same as last year, key outs are killing us. We have some talent but they don't account to wins at the moment. Bring in season 2016.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:44 pm

piedys wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
piedys wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Don't forget the gem that is the long bomb to a 4 on 1...

Ideally to Fasolo or Blair

Good times...

And it goes on season after season under this bloke, every July and August, without fail... which I suppose is an oxymoron in itself, because it is indeed a FAIL.

Dyso

Three things every year

a) We never deal with the loose man back
b) We bomb it blindly to a small forward outnumbered 4-1
c) We courageously lock it in our forward line for 10 minutes plus only to do something dumb and get caught on the rebound

Every year...

Still, 2017....

Staunts, I HATE your post for the reasons below:

a) it's tragically correct
b) nobody at the club has the brains to address it
c) we have to put up with this shit year after year

But that's okay because it's apparently ALL Jessie White's fault...

And I really feel sorry for the supporters who actually attend week after week, and part with their hard-earned money, to put up with this inept shitfullness, at selection table and onfield.

Haven't really got much to add to that, sorry.

Dyso

Just a couple more points

- Press Red for Ed was profoundly awful today. Penny for Eds thoughts as he surveyed a 37K crowd with so little passion today. Was also really depressed listening to the dinosaur game plan requests. "KICK IT LONGGGGGG!" was the best they could come up with, despite 50 consecutive intercept marks. Also, poor Peter Helliar was awful, no doubt expecting a 10 goal win so he could dig into the Strauchanie kit-bag from 2005 in the second half. Chin up Pete.

- If we'd booed Garlett for his "surfing bird" celebration, would we have been in the paper?

- My dis-belief in Nathan Buckley as coach stems from point a - it's how we lose time and time again to Hawthorn. Even in 2012 with Premiership players we would courageously cause a brave 10-10 stoppage in our forward 50, only to turn it over and get slaughtered on the spread. Now even Melbourne can do it. Any danger we could fix this? After four seasons?

- Also, to b & c, good to see the emotional return of last years dumb bomb to nobody or at best, a 4-1 to Blair or Fasolo. A staple of Swannys season, we've managed to make Matthew Broadbent, Easton Wood and random Melbourne player X look like Bruce Doull. It's bizarre to me to think we haven't grasped the concept of "lower the eyes" in four seasons. Why? Where is this mythical sweet spot in 2017 going to come from? When we can't kick the ball. When our forward line is so dysfunctional? When young or old we lose the same way? Instead we get cliches, slogans and mottos about buses and journeys and rewards and processes - why? Where's the evidence any of this is going to work?

It's one of the darkest days I can remember since 1999 - god help us if we lose to Carlton...

PS - they'll be sending out the raffle tickets and pumping up the Treloar rumours this week as a distraction, promise

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Culprit wrote:
I'm out of the Country and the team is struggling. Same as last year, key outs are killing us. We have some talent but they don't account to wins at the moment. Bring in season 2016.

+1 good to see someone who can thing clearly after 6 losses in a row!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:18 pm

If we lose to the Scum all hell will break loose, you mark my words!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:18 pm

I reckon the series of "honourable losses" could have depleted our mental and physical reserves and understandably so.
The players might need some freshening up now ... both on the track and in their minds.
Great opportunity now to get some games into Marsh, Freeman and Reid.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Mossi wrote:
Culprit wrote:

+1 good to see someone who can thing clearly after 6 losses in a row!

Same here. For some people it's easier to blame the coach than face reality. This time last year we had Ball, Lumumba, Maxwell and Beams on our books. They have been replaced by Greenwood who broke his ankle in the preseason and is struggling to find his place in the team at the moment. The other is Varcoe who has been a revelation at the club. Our depth is razor thin if we happen to have injuries. The following aren't depth; Moore, DeGoey, Maynard and Scharenberg. They are next generation players who are playing before their time. White and Blair deserved to be dropped. The easy option was to keep playing them and have opposition coaches exploit their weaknesses. Ramsay is out for the season and Sinclair is finding touch again in the VFL after returning from injury. Reid is still languishing in the VFL until the coaching staff are confident he can stand the rigours of AFL. No fun losing six in a row but there is no point coaching in the present to engineer the odd win or two unless you can sustain a winning culture into the future.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Young players in our team are clearly exhausted. Think our defence is likewise smashed. Can't seem to play in front. Frost is not producing half the quality he was earlier in the year.
Our lack of aerial ability today was disastrous...could not match Melbourne in the air. Delivery again was very poor on many occasions.
Cloke's pressure and ability to take strong marks across the middle of the ground was desperately evident today. The lack of marking power from our two rucks is an issue that has to be resolved before we can compete.
I though Scharenberg played OK for a first game. We should keep playing him for the rest of the year, since he is a fresh pair of legs coming in now.
I think the physical exhaustion unfortunately is now combining with the pyschological impact of losing so many consecutive games.
Think we should give Marsh a run now for the same reason: give another another young guy a rest
I think we should still select our best possible teams to compete: our finals will now be the games against Sydney and Geelong. Bring Cloke back if ready next week and Reid if and when ready, and play as if we can still make the finals. We want to do everything in our power to avoid ending the season with loss after loss. That would still be excellent preparation for next year.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:37 pm

thompsoc wrote:
slangman wrote:
The saddest part of the inept performance today was that at the 15min mark of the final quarter, we were only a few goals down but didn't even look like we had the hunger, desire or leadership to win.

True.
And why oh why can we just take the game on and run forward.
Handball backwards, kick backwards, handball backwards......

You forgot the hug the boundary shit, so we can build up a decent out on the full count, oh my stars I'm so sick of that!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:39 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

Didn't you say that last week?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

I think the physical exhaustion unfortunately is now combining with the pyschological impact of losing so many consecutive games.

Agree fully. Plus, they gave their all in the "honourable losses" and came out of them with nothing to show for their efforts. That was deflating enough for the supporters.....imagine how the players would have felt.

I think the psychological aspects involved in playing football are often overlooked as significant factors in the outcome.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:48 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

I think there be Fans at the Next Training Session.

Demanding Buck’s Sacking

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:48 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
I reckon the series of "honourable losses" could have depleted our mental and physical reserves and understandably so.
The players might need some freshening up now ... both on the track and in their minds.
Great opportunity now to get some games into Marsh, Freeman and Reid.

Get Players ready for 2016 Season then?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:49 pm

That was deplorable from start to finish! We didn't look interested at all and we lacked the running ability and motivation to win the ball today. Melbourne simply wanted it more than we did and to be honest we appeared flat from the first bounce.

I'm not sure what's going on but I suspect a number of factors have to be considered when analysing why we've lost six in a row and why we lost to an opponent like Melbourne who in all honesty dish up a good performance occasionally but are generally inept most of the time.

If the body language of the players is anything to go by we look mentally drained! It's as if all those close losses against good opponents has caught up with us and we've now lost our confidence and self-belief to win games. We really need to find a win sooner rather than later or else this team is going to be completely shot if it isn't already so next week's game against our arch-enemy in Carlton is important now for belief more than anything else.

Also has fatigue set in for this young group? For the second consecutive year we've dropped away badly after a strong and positive start to the season. The 2015 season is strongly resembling what we witnessed in 2014 and it's disappointing that nothing has changed here sadly. Are the players physically tired and because the pressure has dropped off in the last few weeks we've all of a sudden become a very poor team that lacks the basic skills to win games.

Credit to Melbourne they made the most of their opportunities when they were attacking us and could have easily beaten us by more had they not squandered chances in the final quarter. We had 58 inside 50s and they had 44 inside 50s yet Melbourne was very effective in clogging up our forward 50 which made it hard for us to score. Tactically, Roos out-coached Buckley in various areas including clogging up our forward line and paying plenty of attention in nullifying Pendles' influence which Melbourne did successfully.

A terribly disappointing game so bring on next week now! It's time to bring in the likes of Jonathan Marsh from the VFL and see what they can produce. It can't be any worse than what we dished up today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11   

Jump to: