Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down to Dees. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwah-LeBaire wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Disgusting

Ed took over the club during the Shaw years...

... and took us to a premiership. Well done, Ed! We're now building a new team to do it all again. Patience.

We went from the bottom to the top

Now we've gone from the top to the bottom

That's the difference

TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Again some inspired work at the selection table.

At our stubborn best, persist with 2 ruckman who offered next to stuff all around the ground, even less when resting forward...and were smashed bu a bloke who at the end of last year was lucky to stay on melbourne's list. Gawn arguably BOG.

Then bring Elliott back in, and start him as SUB? WTF. If he's fit to play he's fit to start. Instead we look slow and cumbersome inside 50 (and we had plenty of those) and if it wasnt for Fas we might have struggled to get to 30 points.

Then and here's the kicker, despite knowing we would be without Cloke, we lump all our faith in a kid (albeit one who ive no doubt will be very good) and drop White, who yes...is frustrating, and who yes....floats in and out of games...but atleast takes a good defender and can play good burst football.

Its almost a given Ben "one more week in the VFL" Reid will twang a hammy now...

Our midfield is back to its one way running best.

Look at Viney, Jones, Tyson and Vince. None of them are overly polished, or silky smooth...but they are all tough, unselfish and team first footballers. How many of those players have we got.

Positive -

Scharenburg - considering he was given 15 minutes notice I thought he looked more than solid.
Fas - faded out of the game, but was our only spark early
Trav - atleast has a dip, he wouldnt have played in 6 losses at the Cats let alone 6 in a row so he'd be hating this.
Swanny - yeah his disposal at times means very little, but at his age he's still our most reliable mid.
Adams- good return and was our only midfielder who cracked in all day

negatives -

Pendles - poor game, needed the skip to stand up, but allowed Vince to much leash and he hurt us.
Tooves- best behind him, used to provide so much dash, now...opposition love to isolate him and expose him deep.
Our rucks - theres a saying about Tarzan and Jane that applies here.
Decision making - do we have any. It's either play safe and chip sideways and backwards, or bomb it long and hope.

Plenty more but like most supporters I'm abit "eh" with this club at the moment, and the game for that matter.

Atleast the Tigers breathed abit of life back into the comp last night. It mightnt be the Hawthorn procession we all assumed it would probably be.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:12 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Watching Ed after the game, he is filthy right now and he's going to sack Buckley Monday.

Lol, why wait?
Today was his most pathetic effort yet, going back to selection last Thursday.
We do not need to see Blair, Seedsmen or Oxley back in this side in 2015.
Just shows Ramsay will be a LOCK for 2016.
Six in a row; well done arsehats.
Do I blame the players? Yes and no. Poorly coached and poorly trained, which starts over the preseason.

Delisting dickheads Thomas and Keeffe MIGHT save two other players from oblivion in relation to list management come seasons end.

The_Staunton wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Besides from the crap stats, did we win in any?

Actually, quite a few. Clearances (+6), centre clearances (+7), inside 50s (+13), tackles (+19).

We won clangers?

Mate, we lead the comp for ball slaughtering.
We are the elite.

Considering how meticulous the coach was by both hand and foot during his playing days [and probably still is], it's just beggars belief how he fails to install any degree of disposal competency into his list for at least the third consecutive season.
I feel sick in the guts every time we go backwards with the ball, because sooner than later the balls ends up with a panic merchant or pill slaughterer, and you just vomit in your mouth watching opposition players swoop onto the spilled contest and rush it inside 50M for a gimme goal.

Christ; I now find myself hoping Richmond win the flag this year.
Four weeks to go and I'm so BROKEN that i'm rooting for a Tiggers flag.
F*ck me dead.

Why do you suppose that is Buckley, you logistical genius?

Dyso

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Disgusting, insipid performance.

I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

All this talk of 2017 is pie in the sky stuff. We are a lot further away than that.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

No White No Collingwood
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

piedys wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Watching Ed after the game, he is filthy right now and he's going to sack Buckley Monday.

Lol, why wait?
Today was his most pathetic effort yet, going back to selection last Thursday.
We do not need to see Blair, Seedsmen or Oxley back in this side in 2015.
Just shows Ramsay will be a LOCK for 2016.
Six in a row; well done arsehats.
Do I blame the players? Yes and no. Poorly coached and poorly trained, which starts over the preseason.

Delisting dickheads Thomas and Keeffe MIGHT save two other players from oblivion in relation to list management come seasons end.

The_Staunton wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Besides from the crap stats, did we win in any?

Actually, quite a few. Clearances (+6), centre clearances (+7), inside 50s (+13), tackles (+19).

We won clangers?

Mate, we lead the comp for ball slaughtering.
We are the elite.

Considering how meticulous the coach was by both hand and foot during his playing days [and probably still is], it's just beggars belief how he fails to install any degree of disposal competency into his list for at least the third consecutive season.
I feel sick in the guts every time we go backwards with the ball, because sooner than later the balls ends up with a panic merchant or pill slaughterer, and you just vomit in your mouth watching opposition players swoop onto the spilled contest and rush it inside 50M for a gimme goal.

Christ; I now find myself hoping Richmond win the flag this year.
Four weeks to go and I'm so BROKEN that i'm rooting for a Tiggers flag.
F*ck me dead.

Why do you suppose that is Buckley, you logistical genius?

Dyso

Don't forget the gem that is the long bomb to a 4 on 1...

Ideally to Fasolo or Blair

Good times...

If I squint hard, I'm sure I can see Frankie Raso out there...

melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Complete loss of confidence for most the team now. We looked cooked.

I didnt like selection. Moore the only true key forward and two rucks that couldnt catch a falling balloon. Always meant we were skinny up front. And disorganised.

Dropping White was poor timing. And poor coaching/selection.

We look too slow with two rucks. Especially forward. I assume we are persisting with two rucks for the future years. But it is currently costing us big time.

Last edited by melliot on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Poor game and now a slightly disappointing season. The signs going forward are still very good, but the inability of the team to deal with the loss of structure without Cloke has been telling.

We were very good against the top teams but were not able to win. Unfortunately, the defensive and scrappy game we needed to play to compete with them seems to have killed all fluency and offense from our game. Losing Cloke and now dropping White has made that even more difficult.

Coming into the season I saw this as a development year, so anything other than total disaster wasn't going to concern me much. What we've seen has been mostly good. The last 2-3 weeks though have not been, and there is some worry that a pattern is emerging after we did the same last year. I feel that pattern is more about youth and injury than anything else. We were quite a bit younger and more inexperienced than the Demons today, I'd imagine. I still feel we're building and that next season we should be able to run out the year more successfully.

Nicely put inky. That's about how I feel as well. More than anything our whole team looks tired. I'd be tempted to give them a few days off R&R to hopefully freshen them up or we may well not win another game.

Rudey, I'd be tempted to give them a few weeks of R&R in the f*cking reserves, and pick players who actually want to get the ball, and run all day.
Evidently being able to spot up a team mate upfield is an optional extra.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:18 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Let's not be too harsh. I saw some positives in the effort today. Good use of the outer wing and thoughtful near boundary disposals that resulted in a couple of goals.

Don't forget we are rebuilding. Our side is young and experimental. Our coach is still finding his feet, but will prove to be one of our greatest.

I get tired of reading the "perceptive fellow" calling for heads. Gee I used to do that. It does nothing and gets you nowhere.

Get behind the Mighty Pies. 2017 will be our year.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Even when he doesn't play, Blair still manages to get abused. Shocked
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 pm

TheJonesBoy wrote:
Again some inspired work at the selection table.

At our stubborn best, persist with 2 ruckman who offered next to stuff all around the ground, even less when resting forward...and were smashed bu a bloke who at the end of last year was lucky to stay on melbourne's list. Gawn arguably BOG.

Then bring Elliott back in, and start him as SUB? WTF. If he's fit to play he's fit to start. Instead we look slow and cumbersome inside 50 (and we had plenty of those) and if it wasnt for Fas we might have struggled to get to 30 points.

Then and here's the kicker, despite knowing we would be without Cloke, we lump all our faith in a kid (albeit one who ive no doubt will be very good) and drop White, who yes...is frustrating, and who yes....floats in and out of games...but atleast takes a good defender and can play good burst football.

Its almost a given Ben "one more week in the VFL" Reid will twang a hammy now...

Our midfield is back to its one way running best.

Look at Viney, Jones, Tyson and Vince. None of them are overly polished, or silky smooth...but they are all tough, unselfish and team first footballers. How many of those players have we got.

Positive -

Scharenburg - considering he was given 15 minutes notice I thought he looked more than solid.
Fas - faded out of the game, but was our only spark early
Trav - atleast has a dip, he wouldnt have played in 6 losses at the Cats let alone 6 in a row so he'd be hating this.
Swanny - yeah his disposal at times means very little, but at his age he's still our most reliable mid.
Adams- good return and was our only midfielder who cracked in all day

negatives -

Pendles - poor game, needed the skip to stand up, but allowed Vince to much leash and he hurt us.
Tooves- best behind him, used to provide so much dash, now...opposition love to isolate him and expose him deep.
Our rucks - theres a saying about Tarzan and Jane that applies here.
Decision making - do we have any. It's either play safe and chip sideways and backwards, or bomb it long and hope.

Plenty more but like most supporters I'm abit "eh" with this club at the moment, and the game for that matter.

Atleast the Tigers breathed abit of life back into the comp last night. It mightnt be the Hawthorn procession we all assumed it would probably be.

Perfectly articulates my thoughts= particularly Pendles- has been a liability last 2 weeks.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:21 pm

David wrote:
Even when he doesn't play, Blair still manages to get abused. Shocked

If that was mine, it was actually abusing the dumb blokes who kick to a short forward in a 4-1 marking contest, not the short forward

melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Bux will say we have "growth" available in our disposal efficency.

I'm over our available growth. I want to see them grow up.
Leave it, It's Billy E's 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Beer is the only hope tonight.
That was as weak a performance all year....for years in fact.
5 losses before this and we serve up a platter of steaming shit for#6...
Sigh
Ifwe lose against the filth next week there will be flaming torches and pitch forks out side of the westscmuck centre burning effigies of the coaching staff and selct players.... Evil or Very Mad Arrow Arrow Arrow Shocked

Last edited by Leave it, It's Billy E's on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:22 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
If I squint hard, I'm sure I can see Frankie Raso out there...

Man, I swore I saw Patterson & Wild out there...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: