Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Westpac Centre Vortex!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 pm
Post subject: The Westpac Centre Vortex!Reply with quote

Do you ever get the feeling that virtually every player who steps into the Westpac Centre seems struck by the "disposal disease". You could argue the following represent our core elite players yet even they seem plagued by the "vortex":

1. Sidebottom: dinky, lateral kicks. Can't hit a target lace up from 30 met.
2. Adams: ditto
3. Cloke: 50:50 chance for goal from inside 30 met. & 60:40 from outside 30 metres
4. Swan: the greatest scrubber kick of all time (love him though)
5. Kennedy: new nickname after Bulldog's game "mong kick man". At 175cm he needs to be elite in everything to make it
6. White: can't kick straight
7. Blair: can't kick over a jam tin (35 metres at best)
8. C Young: we recruited what we thought was an elite gun yet can't hit a target from 40 metres when "hamstring free"
9. N.Brown: debuting for next James Bond movie "SKYBALL"
10. Greenwood: a 6/10 at best kick
11. Marley W: cannot hit targets on the "kickout" or in general play
12. Sinclair: ditto
13. Ramsay: no left side at all and serviceable on right at best
14. Toovey: should be court marshalled for his offensive delivery
15. Seedsman: long kick fair but finesse kicking awful

I sometimes wonder just what "type" of drills we do and how often. This biomechanist employed over the Summer must be about as effective as Bronwyn Bishop at a budget meeting!

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no. They all had a disease well before stepping into the Holden Center. I would say that they had the man flu coming in which develops into salmonella during their careers and will become full blown influenza on their way out. Just look at Cloke & Swanny, getting worse every year.

MONCO: Your life.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:24 pm

hasn't farked up Varcoe....yet!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Better get James Manson down there to sort them out.

But seriously, you'd think being a good kick on both sides of the body would be a prerequisite for getting drafted by any AFL club.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 pm
Post subject: NopeReply with quote

It is commonly known as the corporate death spiral. Hardened tough players with heaps of potential get caught up in the silver spoon rich mans paradise where resources are on tap, admiration and media attention is over exposed, then follows the overinflated ego's, delusional sense of self worth, and a consequential lack of killer instinct vanishes.

The rich mans club death spiral I call it. It has the ingredients that destroyed Melbourne and Carlton.

When Collingwood was based at Victoria Park, players were reminded daily of the working class struggle and magnificent history of our Club.

Corporate Collingwood under the current business leadership has lost the grunt and hunger for success. They deny and shun our past.

You can't spend PR money to spin your way out of our current on field failure. This is what Carlton are now discovering.

Unless we change the culture of our Board and football department, we will continue in this death spiral I am sad to say.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:45 pm
Post subject: Re: NopeReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
It is commonly known as the corporate death spiral. Hardened tough players with heaps of potential get caught up in the silver spoon rich mans paradise where resources are on tap, admiration and media attention is over exposed, then follows the overinflated ego's, delusional sense of self worth, and a consequential lack of killer instinct vanishes.

The rich mans club death spiral I call it. It has the ingredients that destroyed Melbourne and Carlton.

When Collingwood was based at Victoria Park, players were reminded daily of the working class struggle and magnificent history of our Club.

Corporate Collingwood under the current business leadership has lost the grunt and hunger for success. They deny and shun our past.

You can't spend PR money to spin your way out of our current on field failure. This is what Carlton are now discovering.

Unless we change the culture of our Board and football department, we will continue in this death spiral I am sad to say.

I know your probably spinning it, but I actually agree

Soft as butter, make me suffer a bit.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 am

I agree with all assessments except for Rsmsay. His right foot is superb. The game vs Carlton stands out where he was laser passing tits out daisy cutters to Cloke on the lead from 45m away running off half back.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:33 am

Further, your assessment of 15/22 players is why on Saturday I simply declared to my friends that we need to start the personnel changeover NOW. That is, select a poor kick senior player, and replace with new. For example, replace Toovey with Scharenberg, and so on and so forth. This team is bereft of foot skill on every line. It WILL NOT win a flag unless it upgrades it's poorer skilled players, and it needs to start now...

Last edited by Raw Hammer on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:07 am

Wellers, Beamsy, Harry, Daisy, Dawesy and Heater say hello !
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:49 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Further, your assessment of 15/22 players is shy on Saturday I simply declared to my friends that we need to start the personnel changeover NOW. That is, select a poor kick senior player, and replacement huts new. For example, replace Toovey with Scharenberg, and so on and so forth. This team is bereft of foot skill on every line. It WILL NOT win a flag unless it upgrades it's poorer skilled players, and it needs to start now...

Didn't that process start in 2012 and isn't it a matter of feeding those players in, as injury and VFL form permits?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:52 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Wellers, Beamsy, Harry, Daisy, Dawesy and Heater say hello !

One of those would get a game in the present side. And, just a hint, it isn't Wellingham, Beams, H, Thomas or Dawes.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:45 am

It is hard to perfect the modern game when you are a crap kick.
With kicking I would settle for OK to Good.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Oops...too much data.

Last edited by Raw Hammer on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Further, your assessment of 15/22 players is shy on Saturday I simply declared to my friends that we need to start the personnel changeover NOW. That is, select a poor kick senior player, and replacement huts new. For example, replace Toovey with Scharenberg, and so on and so forth. This team is bereft of foot skill on every line. It WILL NOT win a flag unless it upgrades it's poorer skilled players, and it needs to start now...

Didn't that process start in 2012 and isn't it a matter of feeding those players in, as injury and VFL form permits?

I wouldn't say bringing in Adams, Greenwood, Crisp and White is a kicking upgrade over anybody, particularly when we have lost Leon, Didak, Medhurst, Krakouer, Beams, Heath Shaw, et al over recent seasons.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:08 pm

I had in mind, eg, Ramsay, Broomhead, Oxley, Scharenberg, Langdon, Moore, Maynard and Abbott. Adams, Greenwood and Crisp were brought in for a different purpose (getting hold of the ball - and stopping the opposition getting hold of the ball - at stoppages). The other lads are still taking baby steps. White was brought in out of necessity, rather than choice, I suspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: