Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do we need to review Buckleys position at seasons end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

simon tonna wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
courtza wrote:

There is no way any man on this planet can coach a team to a premiership if he hasnt got the cattle and if you think an assistant from Hawthorn can come along and set us on the right path its more than likely from the ground work done by the current coaches.

i get your point.
your blaming the recruitment.
i can see that.

Is that my cue to jump in???

id like to quote derek hine from at the start of this season;

"where were we want to be for a list point of view. its now up to the
coaching department to make good from it".
well along those lines anyway.

these sort of statements from people like hine are ignorant and are not
in the best interest of the collingwood footy club as they often reverberate
twice as loud in a negative way when things go bad.

some tough decisions will have to be made very soon i reckon. but will they be right decisions? only time will tell.

Interesting
But the statement that Hine is a genius is looking a little threadbare!

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:03 am

courtza wrote:
There are 18 coaches in the competition, 1 team wins a premiership each year, 17 teams lose.

After 11 years at Collingwood and 1 flag, was Malthouse a good coach? We played finals in however many years but 1 flag, is this success?

Is Ross Lyon a good coach? How many years does he get, how good are the lists he's had?

Paul Roos? good coach, dunno?

Alistair Clarkson good coach or a freakin unbelievable list?

I could go on all day.

Its a bit reactive to judge a guy after 4 seasons. We've played some good footy this year, picked up some good recruits in Varcoe Crisp and Levi and some less than great ones. We have some good young guys coming through and by the looks of things will get some more this year.
We are in a bit of a rut at the moment but the feel around the club amongst the boys seems to be positive and happy. I like the way Bucks comes across in the media and seems to be well respected amongst his peers.

Is he a good coach? I dont know but I'd like to see him get an opportunity to see it through.

There is no way any man on this planet can coach a team to a premiership if he hasnt got the cattle and if you think an assistant from Hawthorn can come along and set us on the right path its more than likely from the ground work done by the current coaches.

Good post - i like it.

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:11 am

I really don't care about how good bucks speak in media etc.. Fact is the team has gone backwards every year since he took over. If he wasn't a favourite son he would of been sacked last year

Time to move him on at the end of the year

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:11 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
dear "passionate collingwood member",

please hand in your membership, piss off and support someone else. you clearly do not like anything that happens at the club. i feel you would be much happier from choosing to support one of the other 17 clubs. i hear the dees could do with a few more members. so too, north and the western bulldogs.

as a long standing collingwood member i would be happier not having the likes of you supporting my club.

regards,
not side by side with fairweathered supporters

Dear JW,
Thank you for your prompt reply.

You are welcome to the 2015 membership ticket.

It is for sale.
Please transfer $1 to my bank account. This includes free postage to you, and a fridge magnet.

We hope you will enjoy sitting with the handful of other Collingwood members for the remainder of 2015.

Please email me when we have a new coach and i shall renew.

Have a lovely September.

Yours :-p

When things get a bit tough, some just look for excuses or the easy way out i guess. Others, dig in, find strength and fight thru it.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:17 am

schuey07 wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
If we ever signed Clarkson for anything to do with our club, even water bottle runner, I will not be renewing my membership or that of my kids. He is a flog, a person of very, very poor character. No way in f&*^#g hell.

Who cares, he is a winner. That's what it takes to be successful. I couldn't care less what his personality is as long as we win premierships. Get the best person for the job.

With all due respect to your view, that's a very poor way to look at it. Sending players out to punch, knee, kick the opposition isn't my type of "winning". A bit of honour please. Its not what I want my kids to learn from. He may have some flags but it will catch up with him.

Sorry, nice guys finish last. It's a 'win at all costs' world as far as I'm concerned. We are the 'softest' bunch of footballers I've ever seen. Where the hell are out mongrel 'cunce' outside of Adams. I LOVED his knee to Hoff's head. That Sh!t right there, that WINS flags.

Win and effectively cheat, or lose. I'll take losing, I can sleep then. You can win and be a decent person, we were 8-3 proves that.

If they were cheating they would be penalised for it. They haven't been. Keep that loser mentality though.

If you're so in love with Clarko go and buy a membership with them and hand your Collingwood one in.

courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:28 am

simon tonna wrote:
courtza wrote:

i get your point.
your blaming the recruitment.
i can see that.

I wouldnt say I'm blaming recruitment, I would say our recruitment dosent seem to be any better than any other club and in some cases worse, but theres always a fair bit of luck in these things which we seem to be lacking in.

As much as it pains me to say it being a shortarse myself I wouldnt have recruited Kennedy with such a high pick, hes always gonna be limited.
Not sure about Broomhead either, Berg and Freeman unlucky, Moore and Degoey good.

One thing about Collingwood is their media department is that good it turns all our players into Brownlow medallists before they've even played a game.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:33 am

I think we're on the right path, hell, even Alistair Clarkson said as much a few weeks back.

In the meantime there will be ups and downs, highs and lows.

You know, like every footy club, every season.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:35 am

Scharenberg does look the goods after today's effort. Poise and 'smarts'. As for DeGoey, he represents the typical Collibgwood player...puts on the black an white, and suddenly questions his own ability because of the high expectation and supporter/media scrutiny. The kid can kick, but FFS sake he has mostly butchered it since debuting. What gives?!?!
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:45 am

De Goey is looking tired. He wasn't ever going to have the immediate impact people thought he would. He is a vey confident kid who knows he has a ton of talent and because of this is prone to attempt play that is a bit beyond his speed, strength and experience. In a year or so his performances will start to match his confidence levels and more of what he attempts will come off. He is just slightly off the pace of the game at this stage but not by much.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 am

We are still on the right path. The coaches are sacrificing our chances of winning by persisting with and introducing so many young players and newbies. That is the only way forward as 70% of our elite talent are under 23. This path is somewhat painful to watch as 9 senior players are attempting to carry the 13 players who are trying to develop into long term players.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:36 am

TimetoFly wrote:
I really don't care about how good bucks speak in media etc.. Fact is the team has gone backwards every year since he took over. If he wasn't a favourite son he would of been sacked last year

Time to move him on at the end of the year

Hmm......any chance that we could encourage you, Raw Hammer and thompsoc to move on now?

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:44 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Is this a performance based industry?

Are we a football club that demands the highest quality people to drive us forward.

FFS - this is 4 consecutive years of no improvement, after a 2 year apprenticeship.

What is it going to take?

5 or 6 years of failing to live up to expectations?

What a difference 24 hours can make. Yesterday you were a voice of reason in the Goodes debate and now you need a paper bag to breath into. We're all disappointed, but we don't have to start acting like Richmond supporters after a few losses.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:56 am

6 losses in a row is hardly what I'd term a few.

The reality is we're staring down the barrel of winning two out of our last 11 games.

That would be one less than last year if that happens and atrocious.

At least we could hide behind injuries last season.

Christ if the worst occurs and we win one or none from here on out the coach might be in big trouble sooner than some believe.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:42 am

Short answer NO
Long answer threads like this should not be made immediately after a loss

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:42 am

swoop42 wrote:
6 losses in a row is hardly what I'd term a few.

The reality is we're staring down the barrel of winning two out of our last 11 games.

That would be one less than last year if that happens and atrocious.

At least we could hide behind injuries last season.

Christ if the worst occurs and we win one or none from here on out the coach might be in big trouble sooner than some believe.

Unfortunately swoop, the Stepford wives can't and wont acknowledge this. To them, it's all about keeping master happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: