Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do we need to review Buckleys position at seasons end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This last two seasons are taking on the look of Tony Shaw circa 1997/98.

Start the year super fit, get some early wins on the board, look promising hopes rise but hello winter comes and we start to lose and lose.

Last year injuries were a reasonable excuse in the end but there is no hiding behind them this time around.

Our game plan relies heavy on pressure and causing stoppages and turnovers but once a few injuries occur, intensity drops or a fitness edge is wiped away we seemingly come right back to the pack.

You've got to ask to if tweaks to our structures and game style over summer are starting to get more exposed by the opposition as the year progresses or can we no longer carry out the plans due to a taxing style of football.

While we are a young side so were our opponents of the last two weeks so let's not look to that as an excuse.

Our draw is softer than last season in a year we won 11 games.

Right now we look like getting 10 wins at best.

That's a step backwards for mine and Buckley can ill afford more of the same next season.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
If we ever signed Clarkson for anything to do with our club, even water bottle runner, I will not be renewing my membership or that of my kids. He is a flog, a person of very, very poor character. No way in f&*^#g hell.

Who cares, he is a winner. That's what it takes to be successful. I couldn't care less what his personality is as long as we win premierships. Get the best person for the job.

With all due respect to your view, that's a very poor way to look at it. Sending players out to punch, knee, kick the opposition isn't my type of "winning". A bit of honour please. Its not what I want my kids to learn from. He may have some flags but it will catch up with him.

Sorry, nice guys finish last. It's a 'win at all costs' world as far as I'm concerned. We are the 'softest' bunch of footballers I've ever seen. Where the hell are out mongrel 'cunce' outside of Adams. I LOVED his knee to Hoff's head. That Sh!t right there, that WINS flags.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^I'd guess the Dogs are actually older than we are at the moment. The Saints have been far worse than us this year.

My point was around this mythical 2017 "Premiership sweet spot"

The Dogs and the Saints will be past us in 2017, and GWS will be a monster...

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

schuey07 wrote:
If we ever signed Clarkson for anything to do with our club, even water bottle runner, I will not be renewing my membership or that of my kids. He is a flog, a person of very, very poor character. No way in f&*^#g hell.

Who cares, he is a winner. That's what it takes to be successful. I couldn't care less what his personality is as long as we win premierships. Get the best person for the job.

With all due respect to your view, that's a very poor way to look at it. Sending players out to punch, knee, kick the opposition isn't my type of "winning". A bit of honour please. Its not what I want my kids to learn from. He may have some flags but it will catch up with him.

You can keep your honour. History remembers the winners not the honourable. It will catch up with him when he is remembered as one of the games best coaches. Ruthless people succeed in business and sport. Nice guys finish last.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:23 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
No. Most certainly not. We stay the course, we get through the gravel road and we get onto bitumen in the next year or 2. We don't do what the Saints or Carlsum do and change coaches, start back at the beginning.

Bucks is the right man, he is a good coach but more importantly, he will be a premiership coach with us.

Seriously, did any of you anti-Bucks brigade expect us to be pressing for a flag this year, really? I'm not accepting mediocrity, I'm just saying don't give up, its hard to see but I honestly believe we are on the right track.

OK, I'm not having a go, but on the right track?

We lose the SAME WAY every year - we get killed by turning the ball over, then hit on a fast counter attack

Hawthorn did it to us in 2012 and we have NEVER changed!

What right track are we on? The Bulldogs are ahead of us now, because they did the work and the pain, and then brought in Beveridge to play a modern brand of football

We were in a Prelim in 2012, and dis-mantled the team for some mythical "sweet spot" in 2017!

And we're as far away from a flag as ever, 4 seasons into his reign!

I understand your point of view and its not hard to see why you think that way. It looks bad and right now, losing to Melbourne with finals on the line, it is bad.

The track we are on is getting a mix of good characteer senior players with young, very promising players, many of which have hardly played near 50 games. History shows that teams with such inexperience 1. rarely have success and 2. endure a rollercoaster ride. We fit both categories. Its the track for sustained success, not trying for quick fixes like many other clubs have done in recent times with no success.

The bulldogs are higher on the ladder than us at the moment, they haven't achieved anything yet. Time will measure that.

Earlier in the year when we were up, everyone thought Bucks was genius. 6 games later he is allegedly a dud. That's ridiculous. He is in fact neither but he has plan, he has the balls to run with it and we should be supporting him, in good times and in bad.

The Bulldogs and the Saints are young, exciting teams - the Dogs in particular in 17-18 weeks (in fact from the pre season) have responded to Luke Beveridges coaching. And they are super young. Adam Simpson 1/2 way through his second season has the Eagles structured up and flying.

My point is we lose this way every year. Hawthorn lock the ball inside our forward line, and then kill us with hard running and spread. It's been happening since 2012. Now even Melbourne are doing it to us. Go back and look at our losses last year and this, we bomb it blind and long time and time again. Why? We're four seasons into this coaching "reign" and the same things happen over and over...

Quick fixes? We gave him a side good enough to make a prelim in 2012, and instead of tweaking it, we hit the wrecking ball option. Sustained success? We were in the prelim every year between 7-12 bar one - no we're going to win what, 9 games? 10?

My point is, based on what I saw today, the myth of this team being in some sort of mythical 2017 sweet spot was exposed. We can't hit a target!

I'm not having a go at you mate, but I'm Milneing frustrated because I can't see a single positive thing about this "handover"

I know you're not having a go at me, i feel shite about where we are at too. I knew we would have a stage this year where we would really struggle and we are certainly right there. You make some very valid points and certainly, winning or losing, all the club has to be accountable. I'm just saying, be careful of knee jerk reactions, they very rarely prove advantageous.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Sorry, nice guys finish last. It's a 'win at all costs' world as far as I'm concerned. We are the 'softest' bunch of footballers I've ever seen. Where the hell are out mongrel 'cunce' outside of Adams. I LOVED his knee to Hoff's head. That Sh!t right there, that WINS flags.

Yep exactly. The nice guy, holding hands approach doesn't work. We need some c&@ts in our team. We need to be ruthless, we need to be like Michael Schumacher and do whatever it takes to win. Nobody remembers the honourable losers.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Win and effectively cheat, or lose. I'll take losing, I can sleep then. You can win and be a decent person, we were 8-3 proves that.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Yes,i think his job needs to be reviewed at the end of the year.

There doesn't seem to be any genuie improvement in this side,and we can't just let the team slide away,while other teams keep improving and going past us.
mavs5 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:34 pm
Post subject: Dear Mr BuckleyReply with quote

Dear Nathan,

Would like to thank you for all your service that you have given to our great club. But unfortunately it is time for us to go our seperate ways.

Since you have taken over, the club has achieved the following:

(1) Missed the finals 2 years in a row for the first time since 2000-01
(2) Lost 6 games in a row for the first time since 2005
(3) Lost to WCE in Melbourne for the first time since 2007
(4) Lost to Melbourne for the first time since 2007

No doubt that your passion for the club is immense, but please for the good of the club that you love, QUIT.

Your selection policy is non existence.
You seem set in your ways and a little bit stubborn.

Regards
Passionate Collingwood Member
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:36 pm
Post subject: NOReply with quote

No way! That would be totally disloyal to one of our finest ever Captains. He must be given another chance to succeed. At least until 2017 maybe 2019. Malthouse had 12 years.

Be patient. Sacking coaches is what the filth at Carlton do. Look at them now.

You must remain loyal to your leader, otherwise you will turn Collingwood into the ALP.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:37 pm

We look like a very tired group of men. I think a very tough 5 weeks has sapped this young team of energy and confidence.

The signs have been very good this year. Next year we have bigger tanks, and an extra 15-20 games of experience for each kid and another high draft pick.

We have some beauties in our side and I want Nathan to lead them.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Dear Mr BuckleyReply with quote

mavs5 wrote:
Dear Nathan,

Would like to thank you for all your service that you have given to our great club. But unfortunately it is time for us to go our seperate ways.

Since you have taken over, the club has achieved the following:

(1) Missed the finals 2 years in a row for the first time since 2000-01
(2) Lost 6 games in a row for the first time since 2005
(3) Lost to WCE in Melbourne for the first time since 2007
(4) Lost to Melbourne for the first time since 2007

No doubt that your passion for the club is immense, but please for the good of the club that you love, QUIT.

Your selection policy is non existence.
You seem set in your ways and a little bit stubborn.

Regards
Passionate Collingwood Member

Baby - bathwater.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Win and effectively cheat, or lose. I'll take losing, I can sleep then. You can win and be a decent person, we were 8-3 proves that.

If they were cheating they would be penalised for it. They haven't been. Keep that loser mentality though.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:39 pm

What is it?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 pm

dear "passionate collingwood member",

please hand in your membership, piss off and support someone else. you clearly do not like anything that happens at the club. i feel you would be much happier from choosing to support one of the other 17 clubs. i hear the dees could do with a few more members. so too, north and the western bulldogs.

as a long standing collingwood member i would be happier not having the likes of you supporting my club.

regards,
not side by side with fairweathered supporters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: