Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do we need to review Buckleys position at seasons end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja Vu wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
No. Most certainly not. We stay the course, we get through the gravel road and we get onto bitumen in the next year or 2. We don't do what the Saints or Carlsum do and change coaches, start back at the beginning.

Bucks is the right man, he is a good coach but more importantly, he will be a premiership coach with us.

Seriously, did any of you anti-Bucks brigade expect us to be pressing for a flag this year, really? I'm not accepting mediocrity, I'm just saying don't give up, its hard to see but I honestly believe we are on the right track.

So now its the next year or two? Wishful thinking there.

I don't see enough improvement in the regular senior players to warrant such optimism. And the players we've drafted have either not shown enough, or not lived up to their early promise.

If you're not developing you're being overtaken by everyone else. Which means you're going backwards.

What are we doing?

Going backwards actually.

It was 2 years time two years ago according to the sunshine and lollipops.....

He cannot coach, it is that simple.....I was thinking at some point it might become evident to most...but the way were going with the sycophants it will be all good in 2026 come 2024
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
16 players with less than 80 games experience today and 11 with less than 50. Pretty harsh to judge Bucks off that.

A very young and inexperienced team, you have to take the good with the bad. We should definitely be reviewing the coaching position but I think that review will show we are on the right track.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:02 pm

But it's not the inexperienced players that let us down is it?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:03 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:
16 players with less than 80 games experience today and 11 with less than 50. Pretty harsh to judge Bucks off that.

A very young and inexperienced team, you have to take the good with the bad. We should definitely be reviewing the coaching position but I think that review will show we are on the right track.

Are we?

The more games experience we get, the worse we are getting? When the tipping point before you accept the coach is responsible for the outcomes?What about 85 games?
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:04 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Is this a performance based industry?

Are we a football club that demands the highest quality people to drive us forward.

FFS - this is 4 consecutive years of no improvement, after a 2 year apprenticeship.

What is it going to take?

5 or 6 years of failing to live up to expectations?

We've still got to hit the "sweet spot"

It's due around 2031

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:04 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
No. Most certainly not. We stay the course, we get through the gravel road and we get onto bitumen in the next year or 2. We don't do what the Saints or Carlsum do and change coaches, start back at the beginning.

Bucks is the right man, he is a good coach but more importantly, he will be a premiership coach with us.

Seriously, did any of you anti-Bucks brigade expect us to be pressing for a flag this year, really? I'm not accepting mediocrity, I'm just saying don't give up, its hard to see but I honestly believe we are on the right track.

OK, I'm not having a go, but on the right track?

We lose the SAME WAY every year - we get killed by turning the ball over, then hit on a fast counter attack

Hawthorn did it to us in 2012 and we have NEVER changed!

What right track are we on? The Bulldogs are ahead of us now, because they did the work and the pain, and then brought in Beveridge to play a modern brand of football

We were in a Prelim in 2012, and dis-mantled the team for some mythical "sweet spot" in 2017!

And we're as far away from a flag as ever, 4 seasons into his reign!

I understand your point of view and its not hard to see why you think that way. It looks bad and right now, losing to Melbourne with finals on the line, it is bad.

The track we are on is getting a mix of good characteer senior players with young, very promising players, many of which have hardly played near 50 games. History shows that teams with such inexperience 1. rarely have success and 2. endure a rollercoaster ride. We fit both categories. Its the track for sustained success, not trying for quick fixes like many other clubs have done in recent times with no success.

The bulldogs are higher on the ladder than us at the moment, they haven't achieved anything yet. Time will measure that.

Earlier in the year when we were up, everyone thought Bucks was genius. 6 games later he is allegedly a dud. That's ridiculous. He is in fact neither but he has plan, he has the balls to run with it and we should be supporting him, in good times and in bad.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
But it's not the inexperienced players that let us down is it?

Seedsman?
Grundy?
Witts?
Crisp?
Maynard?
Frost?

They're all young players and they all let us down today.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:06 pm

schuey07 wrote:
If we ever signed Clarkson for anything to do with our club, even water bottle runner, I will not be renewing my membership or that of my kids. He is a flog, a person of very, very poor character. No way in f&*^#g hell.

Who cares, he is a winner. That's what it takes to be successful. I couldn't care less what his personality is as long as we win premierships. Get the best person for the job.

Exactly. Just take a look at Malthouse and the Rat Pack........Finals every year, top 4 all the time, 5 Grand Finals and a Flag. Not exactly model citizens and a grumpy ass coach, but highly successful. This lot with Bux, nice bloke coach, superbly behaved model citizens for players, all well behaved except for a couple of pill poppers, result = downward spiral for 4 year, 6 losses in a row and flogged by Melbourne. Oh dear!

MONCO: Your life.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:07 pm

I've got to say that was painful viewing today. A few people here wanted White gone and they got what they wanted,leaving the most inept forward line I have ever seen in Magpie colours. And to make it even worse,we had Elliot as sub???
I've got NO idea why we use handball the way we do,but ,if it is coached that way,then perhaps the coach should go,because it looks NOTHING like what other teams do with handball,especially not backwards to a player standing still.
Jack Frost must surely be one of the worst footballers going around.He is slow,cumbersome and has NO idea what to do with the ball when he has it in hand.Here's a clue!!1 KICK the fu***ing thing.LONG and forward.
Browny.Try and MARK some balls.He flies to spoil with team mates so many times,fluffs the spoil.....Goal.Every time.Seedsman MUST now be finished .He is hopeless.Sidebottam has got to learn to just go forward and STOP the dinky kicks.Apart from that we are all Hunky Dory.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:10 pm

schuey07 wrote:
If we ever signed Clarkson for anything to do with our club, even water bottle runner, I will not be renewing my membership or that of my kids. He is a flog, a person of very, very poor character. No way in f&*^#g hell.

Who cares, he is a winner. That's what it takes to be successful. I couldn't care less what his personality is as long as we win premierships. Get the best person for the job.

With all due respect to your view, that's a very poor way to look at it. Sending players out to punch, knee, kick the opposition isn't my type of "winning". A bit of honour please. Its not what I want my kids to learn from. He may have some flags but it will catch up with him.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:12 pm

mudlark wrote:
I've got to say that was painful viewing today. A few people here wanted White gone and they got what they wanted,leaving the most inept forward line I have ever seen in Magpie colours. And to make it even worse,we had Elliot as sub???
I've got NO idea why we use handball the way we do,but ,if it is coached that way,then perhaps the coach should go,because it looks NOTHING like what other teams do with handball,especially not backwards to a player standing still.
Jack Frost must surely be one of the worst footballers going around.He is slow,cumbersome and has NO idea what to do with the ball when he has it in hand.Here's a clue!!1 KICK the fu***ing thing.LONG and forward.
Browny.Try and MARK some balls.He flies to spoil with team mates so many times,fluffs the spoil.....Goal.Every time.Seedsman MUST now be finished .He is hopeless.Sidebottam has got to learn to just go forward and STOP the dinky kicks.Apart from that we are all Hunky Dory.

^^Looks like the forum's selection committe is struggling too. Bring in Kennedy? Miss. Drop White? Another miss.

Jack Frost slow though Confused

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:13 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

OK, I'm not having a go, but on the right track?

We lose the SAME WAY every year - we get killed by turning the ball over, then hit on a fast counter attack

Hawthorn did it to us in 2012 and we have NEVER changed!

What right track are we on? The Bulldogs are ahead of us now, because they did the work and the pain, and then brought in Beveridge to play a modern brand of football

We were in a Prelim in 2012, and dis-mantled the team for some mythical "sweet spot" in 2017!

And we're as far away from a flag as ever, 4 seasons into his reign!

I understand your point of view and its not hard to see why you think that way. It looks bad and right now, losing to Melbourne with finals on the line, it is bad.

The track we are on is getting a mix of good characteer senior players with young, very promising players, many of which have hardly played near 50 games. History shows that teams with such inexperience 1. rarely have success and 2. endure a rollercoaster ride. We fit both categories. Its the track for sustained success, not trying for quick fixes like many other clubs have done in recent times with no success.

The bulldogs are higher on the ladder than us at the moment, they haven't achieved anything yet. Time will measure that.

Earlier in the year when we were up, everyone thought Bucks was genius. 6 games later he is allegedly a dud. That's ridiculous. He is in fact neither but he has plan, he has the balls to run with it and we should be supporting him, in good times and in bad.

The Bulldogs and the Saints are young, exciting teams - the Dogs in particular in 17-18 weeks (in fact from the pre season) have responded to Luke Beveridges coaching. And they are super young. Adam Simpson 1/2 way through his second season has the Eagles structured up and flying.

My point is we lose this way every year. Hawthorn lock the ball inside our forward line, and then kill us with hard running and spread. It's been happening since 2012. Now even Melbourne are doing it to us. Go back and look at our losses last year and this, we bomb it blind and long time and time again. Why? We're four seasons into this coaching "reign" and the same things happen over and over...

Quick fixes? We gave him a side good enough to make a prelim in 2012, and instead of tweaking it, we hit the wrecking ball option. Sustained success? We were in the prelim every year between 7-12 bar one - no we're going to win what, 9 games? 10?

My point is, based on what I saw today, the myth of this team being in some sort of mythical 2017 sweet spot was exposed. We can't hit a target!

I'm not having a go at you mate, but I'm Milneing frustrated because I can't see a single positive thing about this "handover"

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

^^I'd guess the Dogs are actually older than we are at the moment. The Saints have been far worse than us this year.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

I think all the coaches will need to be held responsible at years end for what is transpiring here. They will all be under the pump & deservedly so.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Do we need to review Buckleys position at seasons end?Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
4 years and it looks like we're going to go backwards again, we're about to lose to Melborne to make 6 loses in a row, do we give him another year or do we look elsewhere?

Why wait?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: