Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do we need to review Buckleys position at seasons end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
I agree. He should have kept Jolly, Ball, Krak, Didak, Ben Johnson, Nick Maxwell and Leigh Brown. That's 7 players who'd be starring for us right now if they were still at the Club.

You said exacvtly what I was about to say!

Anyone who falls for this bullshit about Buck's having somehow inherited a Premeirship team doesn't know their footy. It was a team with "ageing stars" that lost the 2011 GF and the club was never going to win another one without team changes.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I agree. He should have kept Jolly, Ball, Krak, Didak, Ben Johnson, Nick Maxwell and Leigh Brown. That's 7 players who'd be starring for us right now if they were still at the Club.

You forgot Leon and Dale.

I hate how all the players we let go are tearing it up for other premiership winning teams.

Last edited by dalyc on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 am

If you were him would you do that?
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:20 am

Buckley is the coach who will win us a few flags in next 10 years!
Go bucks, go PIES!!!
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:31 am

Bucks should be given till the end of next year, if no progress is made then we review, not sack but review.

What we need is to recruit 2 decent players (Treloar & Motlop?) and hope that some of the high picks recruited start showing their potential.

A fit Ben Reid would also be nice.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:24 pm

themonk wrote:
Bucks should be given till the end of next year, if no progress is made then we review, not sack but review.

What we need is to recruit 2 decent players (Treloar & Motlop?) and hope that some of the high picks recruited start showing their potential.

A fit Ben Reid would also be nice.

Sensible comment. Agree.

pieboy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

You said exacvtly what I was about to say!

Anyone who falls for this bullshit about Buck's having somehow inherited a Premeirship team doesn't know their footy. It was a team with "ageing stars" that lost the 2011 GF and the club was never going to win another one without team changes.

In 2010 we had the youngest premiership team since 1978. Did they really age that much in one year?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:42 pm

pieboy wrote:

In 2010 we had the youngest premiership team since 1978. Did they really age that much in one year?

It was a two tier team, lots of top and bottom age players and the top agers where carrying that team over the line from Prelims to Premiers. We had two choice, keep trying to desperately cling on after '11 like Brisbane did after '03 or get the most value we could by trading out some guys who wouldn't be there during our next window.

The 2010 premiership didn't come out of nowhere, we'd been up since 2007. People thought it was the start of an era, but realistically it was the end with an 'on the fly' rebuild going on at the same time.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:47 pm

pieboy wrote:

Wokko's comments above hit the nail on the head.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm

IF Bucks did fail too progress the team next season, then i would move onto Bomber Thompson, without a moments hesitation.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IF Bucks did fail too progress the team next season, then i would move onto Bomber Thompson, without a moments hesitation.

We had our best win since 2011 against North Melbourne this season, after losing Lumumba, Ball, Maxwell and Beams last season. So why shouldn't we be continuing our progression next season after blooding Moore, De Goey, Maynard and Scharenberg this season? I understand morale is low after six straight losses but there is the bigger picture of a side continuing its learning curve under Buckley. Give us a clear run of few injuries next year and I believe we have the capabilities of beating anyone next year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:32 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

We had our best win since 2011 against North Melbourne this season, after losing Lumumba, Ball, Maxwell and Beams last season. So why shouldn't we be continuing our progression next season after blooding Moore, De Goey, Maynard and Scharenberg this season? I understand morale is low after six straight losses but there is the bigger picture of a side continuing its learning curve under Buckley. Give us a clear run of few injuries next year and I believe we have the capabilities of beating anyone next year.

I tend to agree, we are on the right track, but next season, we must win those close games, like the losses to Port, dockers, poo and piss, they are the types of games we just have to win next season, under Bucks, and i reckon he would agree with me too, we must raise the bar a bit for next season, we are a good and developing young team, and progression has to be shown next season. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:39 pm
Post subject: WhatReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:

I nearly choked on my bread and dripping dinner reading that. You cannot be serious suggesting for a moment we get him.. What next? Recommending Percy Jones for senior coach?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Percy can be tactical adviser.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Percy can be tactical adviser.

I never ask Percy for advice. Can't be trusted to focus on the job at hand.

Hmmm probably shouldn't have quite put it that way. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: