Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do we need to review Buckleys position at seasons end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He will stay on but his tenure will be questioned 6 in a row is bad for any side, his team selection this week was like handing the win to the toffs before it had started!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Defender wrote:
People say we're tiring, but could it be that his game plan has been worked out? Teams score against us the same ways every week.

How can other teams work out our game plan when we don't even know what it is?

Brilliant!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 pm

FTR I never said I wanted the man sacked, I just think we need a no bullshit review come seasons end, and take this to the bank guys, if Eddie try's another contract extension before the end of the year and it goes pear shaped he will have to stand down as well.

Bucks will be our coach next year and anything short of finals and he's a dead duck, no excuses.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Stewart Dew seen at a donut truck out the front of the westpac centre on saturday night talking to balmey!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Stewart Dew seen at a donut truck out the front of the westpac centre on saturday night talking to balmey!

They would've been discussing donuts.

You like this.
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:52 pm

swoop42 wrote:
This last two seasons are taking on the look of Tony Shaw circa 1997/98.

Start the year super fit, get some early wins on the board, look promising hopes rise but hello winter comes and we start to lose and lose.

Last year injuries were a reasonable excuse in the end but there is no hiding behind them this time around.

Our game plan relies heavy on pressure and causing stoppages and turnovers but once a few injuries occur, intensity drops or a fitness edge is wiped away we seemingly come right back to the pack.

You've got to ask to if tweaks to our structures and game style over summer are starting to get more exposed by the opposition as the year progresses or can we no longer carry out the plans due to a taxing style of football.

While we are a young side so were our opponents of the last two weeks so let's not look to that as an excuse.

Our draw is softer than last season in a year we won 11 games.

Right now we look like getting 10 wins at best.

That's a step backwards for mine and Buckley can ill afford more of the same next season.

Agree 100%
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:33 am

Greeny2968 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
This last two seasons are taking on the look of Tony Shaw circa 1997/98.

Start the year super fit, get some early wins on the board, look promising hopes rise but hello winter comes and we start to lose and lose.

Last year injuries were a reasonable excuse in the end but there is no hiding behind them this time around.

Our game plan relies heavy on pressure and causing stoppages and turnovers but once a few injuries occur, intensity drops or a fitness edge is wiped away we seemingly come right back to the pack.

You've got to ask to if tweaks to our structures and game style over summer are starting to get more exposed by the opposition as the year progresses or can we no longer carry out the plans due to a taxing style of football.

While we are a young side so were our opponents of the last two weeks so let's not look to that as an excuse.

Our draw is softer than last season in a year we won 11 games.

Right now we look like getting 10 wins at best.

That's a step backwards for mine and Buckley can ill afford more of the same next season.

Agree 100%

Yep, effort is needed but we need more than that, I've always had issues with our scoring under Bucks as in we always seem to work our asses off for every goal, rarely do we score an easy goal due to structure, every thing seems haphazard, most of our goals come from back breaking effort, but that effort can't be sustained for a full season.

You like this.
pieboy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 am

Buckley has got to go. Very few coaches get to take over a premiership team with back to back grand finals, yet Buckley as I predicted has decimated our team. He has taken us from 4th, to 8th, to 11th, and another 11th and in the process booted out several premiership stars. Eddie should also go as he was the brains trust behind this ridiculous decision to appoint Buckley. There was no need for a rebuild, in 2010 we had the youngest premiership team since 1978!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:33 am

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Without doubt Buckley's position will be reviewed at the end of the year.

Without doubt Buckley's contract will be extended at the end of the year.

Buckley is contracted till the end of 2016 already.

No need to extend his contract this season and why would you if the losses continue?

Ed ain't that stupid surely.

2 year extension or else we go into next year as Carlton went into this year with Mick. Too much pressure for a developing team.

And given these contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on all is does is defuse any media crap. If Bucks is terminated early he'll get paid out of his contract. I don't see what the issue is.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:34 am

Defender wrote:
FTR I never said I wanted the man sacked, I just think we need a no bullshit review come seasons end, and take this to the bank guys, if Eddie try's another contract extension before the end of the year and it goes pear shaped he will have to stand down as well.

Bucks will be our coach next year and anything short of finals and he's a dead duck, no excuses.

Didn't you say that last year?
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:57 pm

What about Davoren? Are we not competitive now because we are knackered? Too young still? Are we spent because the bulk of the team have under 50 games and don't have the miles in their legs yet? Is the high performance programme doing enough or too much, or do the young fellas just need time?

Or is it all down to game plan coaching and Bucks himself?

I hate seeing us get scored against so easily when the opposition takes it from their defensive 50 to ours, with little risk. It's been happening for years now, except for some games where we seem to be able to apply enough pressure. Why is that? In some games is the plan different, or is it some games we have the energy and run, but in others we are tired and slow?

FIIK.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:31 pm

The Bulldogs fielded a younger team than we did this week. I think they had 12 players with under 50 games. They didn't look too young, too slow or over-awed from what I saw. We just played very poorly indeed and quite frankly, even Brisbane would have beaten us on Saturday. Last year we could blame Davoran and the injuries. Who do we blame this year? Dog whistle to the Bucks/Hine haters.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Bucks has done the clean out and is now in the process of the rebuild. Let him complete the rebuild phase and see what it delivers. That's provided he's given clear timelines about how long the rebuild will rake and when it should start delivering. Going by today's article in the paper it should be 2017/18. So expect another roller coaster next year too.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
The Bulldogs fielded a younger team than we did this week. I think they had 12 players with under 50 games. They didn't look too young, too slow or over-awed from what I saw. We just played very poorly indeed and quite frankly, even Brisbane would have beaten us on Saturday. Last year we could blame Davoran and the injuries. Who do we blame this year? Dog whistle to the Bucks/Hine haters.

Young players and tiredness is a lame excuse.

Dogs might end up top 4 by the end of the year.

As for the reason not to re-sign the coach.

Well how about coaches stop being so precious when they already have a year to run on a contract.

It's simple really for Bucks.

Make finals next year and you get your extension.

If you don't you're sacked.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Have done most of the season and actually had a season high 15. Amazing what confidence can do and obviously who you're playing and when you're playing them has an impact.

Makes for a really interesting discussion I reckon.

Couple of things to note....

Doggies by virtue of finishing 14th have an even easier draw than us. Our form looked equally sparkling rounds 3-5 when we had 12 <50 players but we were only playing St Kilda, Essendon and Carlton.

Doggies have finished in the top 8 only 4 times in the last 10 years and that lack of success (including 2x15th, 1x14th< & 1x 13th) gives access to some very nice draft picks. Only twice in the same period have the Pies missed the finals with 15th in 2005 our worst effort, 11th last year the other.

Doggies tend to use their first round picks whereas we've traded our 1st round pick away in 2007 (Wood), 2009 (Jolly and our 2nd on Ball), 2010 (Krakouer & Ceglar), and 2011 (Clarke & Elliott). Elliott is obviously the only 1 of those players still on our list. Doggies trading pick 6 and Griffen for Boyd the exception to them using their 1st rounders as far as I'm aware.

Of their 12 <50 gamers, Only Dale, Biggs, Bontempelli and Daniel are from the 2013 or 2014 drafts so most have been in the sytem for a significant period of time. Johannisen 2010 draft period, Talia, Campbell, and Redpath the 2011 draft period. Pies have Moore, De Goey, Scharenberg, Langdon and Maynard from the 2 more recent draft periods.

Despite the fact that they've got a couple of years head start on us I don't think our lists are too dissimilar. I think both will be very good teams in years to come. As will the Saints who've recruited very well the last 2 years.

PS: Brendan McCartney, for all his faults, laid a very good defensive mindset on the playing group which has really blossomed this year when Beveridge has given them more freedom.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: