Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Had a gutfull

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:21 pm
Post subject: Had a gutfullReply with quote

This really is the beginning of the end for the AFL.

They have been shooting themselves in the foot year after year for a decade.

To label fans who boo a player as racist without a right of reply and to try to script the game and the atmosphere to within an inch of its life has been turning fans off for years.

Seriously considering not renewing after this year, and it's nothing to do with Collingwood who I have loved since being a boy.

Reap what you sow.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's not just the AFL, its the media too playing to do-gooders. Booing a player doesn't make you a racist and the assumption it does it completely wrong, unfair and even to some point slanderoous.

Right, wrong or otherwise, Goodes need to get backbone, move on and perhaps look at Patrick Ryder's interview after last Saturday nights game when asked about booing he got. He certainly didn't play the race card.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Ah yes, Goodes needs to be a good boy and behave himself. The others can boo him as they please.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

I get it........ Rolling Eyes Shocked

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:35 pm

So I guess we won’t see you again on here then
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Will always love this club but the game. Those running it and the media are completely cooked
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:43 pm

A little bit of leaving the game alone wouldn't hurt, stop all the pc crap, when Adam retires he will get preselection for the greens/ labour radical left so he is doing his political apprenticeship at the moment,
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

Carro wrote:
Will always love this club but the game. Those running it and the media are completely cooked
All of them?
Carro 

There are some real tools involved in footy nowadays running the game changing rules at the drop of a hat and lecturing the masses about how to barrack it's enough to drive fans away for sure
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:47 pm

Unfortunately Goodes has spent all the good will he had in the bank, very devisive, born here just like you and i, we are all Aussies and he has done well for himself in this great country, just splitting the country in half and name calling anyone who doesn't agree with you is very dangerous, hope he retires
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:48 pm

I don't think they've banned it, if you wanna boo just boo. What's stopping you?
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:49 pm

Being called racist and assaulted
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:54 pm

Carro wrote:
A little bit of leaving the game alone wouldn't hurt, stop all the pc crap, when Adam retires he will get preselection for the greens/ labour radical left so he is doing his political apprenticeship at the moment,

Which pc crap would you like to be free of and what you like to say that you can't say anymore?
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
I agree. It's not just the AFL, its the media too playing to do-gooders. Booing a player doesn't make you a racist and the assumption it does it completely wrong, unfair and even to some point slanderoous.

Right, wrong or otherwise, Goodes need to get backbone, move on and perhaps look at Patrick Ryder's interview after last Saturday nights game when asked about booing he got. He certainly didn't play the race card.

Ah yes, Goodes needs to be a good boy and behave himself. The others can boo him as they please.... Evil or Very Mad Mad

I get it........ Rolling Eyes Shocked

So Goodes in your view need take absolutely no responsibility for the long drawn out saga this has become. Many players before him have been continually booed, and while that doesn't make it right, it doesn't make it racist. Why he draws that conclusion is far too simplistic and wrong. Most Australians are not racists, most are tolerant, good hearted people (see constant fundraisers fro things like earthquake and tsunami victims overseas). I dare say many of these people also have booed Goodes because they don't like him or his divisive attitude towards Aboriginals and non-Aboriginals - thats an assumption on my part admittedly.

Everyone has an opinion on this, I respect yours as your post clearly implies what it is, I just don't necessarily agree with it.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm starting to feel like this is the rebirth of the Cheka from Soviet Russia. Nobody will dare boo anymore after this. Trust me. But don't be surprised if the Cheka make fans too afraid to attend games anymore because if you boo, with their amazing ability to read minds like a telepath, will know why you booed and that it had to be racially motivated.

We don't need a gesture of solidarity for our indigenous players and I even find that insulting, belittling and degrading to them. It's a paternalistic approach. It's nothing more than tokenism and I like to think that week in, week out all of us footy fans line up to celebrate all of our great indigenous players whom we love. They add so many exciting elements to our game that I'd doubt if the highlights reel for the past twenty years in particular would be anywhere near as exciting without their involvement in our game. The fans love and appreciate them just like any of our other players. We see them all as one and we celebrate them all the time, not just during indigenous round or for the inaugural Adam Goodes appreciation round, but all the time!

I think Goodes has been a champion of our game and I take nothing away from him and I don't like to be a cynic but knowing that his career is coming to an end, it seems like interesting timing that he's walking away from the game and he wants the public to think this is the reason why, not the fact that he's almost out to stud.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:38 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
So Goodes in your view need take absolutely no responsibility for the long drawn out saga this has become. Many players before him have been continually booed, and while that doesn't make it right, it doesn't make it racist. Why he draws that conclusion is far too simplistic and wrong. Most Australians are not racists, most are tolerant, good hearted people (see constant fundraisers fro things like earthquake and tsunami victims overseas). I dare say many of these people also have booed Goodes because they don't like him or his divisive attitude towards Aboriginals and non-Aboriginals - thats an assumption on my part admittedly.

Everyone has an opinion on this, I respect yours as your post clearly implies what it is, I just don't necessarily agree with it.

I respect the tone of your reply and cordially agree to disagree with you. I DO believe that Goodes had the responsibility as AOTY to speak up for his people and this he did. In fact, he is probably copping the dire consequences of this responsibility right now. Such is life in public when you have strong views but one must be strong to stick with a cause one believes in.
Maybe te Abbott government who made him AOTY need to take some responsibility too????? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: