Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks caught out!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:33 pm
Post subject: Bucks caught out!Reply with quote

I'm a great admirer of Bucks, who in my opinion is gradually emerging as the best coach in the AFL. One of the things I love the most about him is that he is a straight talker who doesn't play mind games or talk shit, as some other coaches do.

Nevertheless, it was hilarious watching him caught out telling a porkie on Footy 360 last night. Discussing Darcy Moore, Robbo mentioned that he thought young Darcy reminded him of Geoff Heywood. He then asked Bucks if he thought so too and if he'd ever seen Heywood play, to which Bucks, a bit nervously, replied, "I never saw him actually play but I've seen some footage". Robbo then revealed that Heywood was in fact the fictionalised character from the film 'The Club'! It was priceless, but a moment I'm sure Bucks would soon rather forget.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I also saw some 'footage' of that guy…
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Bucks and Robbo don't seem to like each other, was this good humoured or a bit of a 'gotcha'?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Wokko wrote:
Bucks and Robbo don't seem to like each other, was this good humoured or a bit of a 'gotcha'?

A bit of both I reckon.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Payback for the time Robbo asked him what the game plan was and Bucks told him he knows nothing about football. It was particlualry enjoyable for me because I'd put questions about Collingwood's game plan in Robbo's head earlier that day by asking him about it on SEN.

Last edited by Dangles on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Why did Robbo say Moore was like Geoff Heyward?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Dangles wrote:
Payback for the time Robbo asked him what the game plan was and Bucks told him he knows nothing about football. It was particlualry enjoyable for me because I'd put questions about Collingwood's game plan in Robbo's head earlier they day by asking him about it on SEN.

I think you are spot on !
Robbo owed him and got him.
Bucks had a very poor few days.

Robbo mentioned that Darcy and Geoff have the same physical look.
And then asked Bucks if he had seen him play.
Bucks seemed to be all over the joke, saying he had seen footage.
But immediately his face told he was caught in a lie, to which Robbo revealed it and pissed himself laughing.

Combine it with Buck's 'get rid of priority' call and we can see the 5 losses have taken a toll.
Hopefully all is well within the 4 walls.
Our performance against Melbourne will tell us.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Bucks caught out!Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm a great admirer of Bucks, who in my opinion is gradually emerging as the best coach in the AFL. One of the things I love the most about him is that he is a straight talker who doesn't play mind games or talk shit, as some other coaches do.

Nevertheless, it was hilarious watching him caught out telling a porkie on Footy 360 last night. Discussing Darcy Moore, Robbo mentioned that he thought young Darcy reminded him of Geoff Heywood. He then asked Bucks if he thought so too and if he'd ever seen Heywood play, to which Bucks, a bit nervously, replied, "I never saw him actually play but I've seen some footage". Robbo then revealed that Heywood was in fact the fictionalised character from the film 'The Club'! It was priceless, but a moment I'm sure Bucks would soon rather forget.

Could be excused for confusing Geoff with Doug who was a fair player in his day. Nothing like Moore of course.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Why did Robbo say Moore was like Geoff Heyward?

In the play and film, The Club, the Geoff Heywood character was a young champion recruit, expected to help win the Pies the flag. He was also a massive conehead, which I'm hoping Robbo was not alluding to. Confused
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:16 pm

I never saw Geoff Heywood play either but I have seen the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgfnKUIPuw

Robbo has a point, Darcy Moore does look like a young John Howard.

images (68).jpg

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Lets hope Darcy stays away from the mari-ju-ana, and he hasn't got a legless sister.

08007-3.jpg

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:30 pm

3.14159 wrote:
I never saw Geoff Heywood play either but I have seen the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgfnKUIPuw

Robbo has a point, Darcy Moore does look like a young John Howard.

Brilliant clip. You're right, I reckon Darcy has the same chin as Heywood. Laughing
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Earlier in the same interview Robbo saved Buckley from becoming the focus of potentially negative headlines in today’s press along the lines of: ‘Give ‘em a clip’: Buckley calls for lynch mob violence against booing fans’.

It was during a discussion about the booing issue that Whatley asked Buckley what leaders can do to solve the issue. After acknowledging a racist element in the booing Buckley went on to say: “I reckon we are at a position in the game and in society that if you booed him next time, at Simmons Stadium in a couple of weeks, I reckon you get a clip across the ear from a few people. I’d like to see that.”

Straight away Robbo was alert to the hand grenade that Buckley had just thrown at the AFL, Victoria Police and other state police around Australia, the other clubs (particularly Geelong who play the Swans in two weeks at Simmonds Stadium). But the discussion crossed the desk to Roos. When Roos had finished Robbo cut in and threw the lifeline to Buckley to pull himself out of the deep, dark hole he was unaware he had dug for himself.

Looking across at Buckley, Robbo said: “I don’t know, I hope you’re being facetious, I don’t know whether violence or getting a clip across the head would help…”

Buckley is quick once the penny drops with a thud, and he immediately realised the implications of what he had said and cut Robbo off saying he meant “shouted down, howled down”.

Robbo may be an oaf, but if he’s enough of a journo to know that if he let Buckley’s earlier remarks just sit without further clarification, the media and those in authority could crucify him for advocating that fans resort to violence as a solution to the booing issue.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-07-28/buckley-speaks-on-360
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Lucky for us Darcy isn't the same height as Howard/Heyward. Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Woods wrote:
Earlier in the same interview Robbo saved Buckley from becoming the focus of potentially negative headlines in today’s press along the lines of: ‘Give ‘em a clip’: Buckley calls for lynch mob violence against booing fans’.

It was during a discussion about the booing issue that Whatley asked Buckley what leaders can do to solve the issue. After acknowledging a racist element in the booing Buckley went on to say: “I reckon we are at a position in the game and in society that if you booed him next time, at Simmons Stadium in a couple of weeks, I reckon you get a clip across the ear from a few people. I’d like to see that.”

Straight away Robbo was alert to the hand grenade that Buckley had just thrown at the AFL, Victoria Police and other state police around Australia, the other clubs (particularly Geelong who play the Swans in two weeks at Simmonds Stadium). But the discussion crossed the desk to Roos. When Roos had finished Robbo cut in and threw the lifeline to Buckley to pull himself out of the deep, dark hole he was unaware he had dug for himself.

Looking across at Buckley, Robbo said: “I don’t know, I hope you’re being facetious, I don’t know whether violence or getting a clip across the head would help…”

Buckley is quick once the penny drops with a thud, and he immediately realised the implications of what he had said and cut Robbo off saying he meant “shouted down, howled down”.

Robbo may be an oaf, but if he’s enough of a journo to know that if he let Buckley’s earlier remarks just sit without further clarification, the media and those in authority could crucify him for advocating that fans resort to violence as a solution to the booing issue.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-07-28/buckley-speaks-on-360

Bucks also said he wacked his son for the same thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: