Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies players should show support for Goodes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Why do I hate political correctness?
Political correctness is a perception that individuals feel when their
Liberties and freedoms are under threat by rules, regulations, restrictions and conventions.
It is done for the so called protection or benefit of society or the individual. It is the overarching and intrusive nature of the beast the makes individuals like me feel disconnected and angry at the all-pervading way it is carried out.
If you live in China it is very easy to work out that criticism of the communist party is not politically correct. Boo the communist, criticize the party cadres, burn their flag and you will find a prison cell awaits you. In Australia it is much more subtle than that.
I will give one small example I dont recycle I dont believe it is useful or even wise, but that is just me. But now not only am I subject to campaigns and slogans I am compelled by law to put my cans and other so called recyclables in a special bin. Most of this rubbish is put in landfills anyway.
In the recycling case I am being compelled to do something that to me is useless, a waste of my time and to me does not do one thing to improve the environment and in fact distracts from other more pressing environmental issues.
But it is politically correct to recycle and I am compelled by law to do it.
Point 2. For twilight and night games full length beer is banned!
Why? It is because they fear that the plebs, that is you and me, may get a little over the top and start fighting or worse enjoy themselves. Of course it is for yours and the crowd safety.
But as my brother said do you think they are drinking light beer in the corporate boxes now?
So the plebs drink crap and the corporates drink champagne. This is the flip side of political correctness one rule for us and one for them.
You cant have drunks at the footy unless they are corporate drunks.. come on down John Elliot!
So now booing is under threat
People have had the right to boo for over 2500 years and it is one way of getting audience participation. If it is banned for Adam it must be logically banned for all.
Irrespective of whether it is racist, the blanket banning or discouragement of booing takes away another slice of freedom another downer in participating in a tribal ceremony that started out when I was a kid as fun but now is becoming tedious and boring. More and more I blame the corporates, the PC police and the overreaching of rules and regulations and conventions and restrictions for my condition.

You're just being politically correct.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:36 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

The Age along with all the Fairfax stable are dying. They are a hypocritical pack of scum who love using their failing media enterprise to divide Australia and relish in decent Australians turning on each other.

The Fairfax empire or collapsing empire, are extremely hypocritical. They carry on with all this social engineering, yet with their Domain Property advertising masked as mainstream news, have significantly contributed to the homelessness and housing affordability crisis we have created in Australia. They write advertorials actually encouraging the greed and selfishness of property investors.

It bemuses me how this pack of hypocritical scum could even think they have a right to engineer opinions about social behaviour.

I used to buy the Age. Now with the standard of filth and hypocrisy it represents, i refuse too.

They have no credibility on anything. Why not do a front page lead condemning property speculation and calling for more housing for the homeless?

Argh no, see that would mean they could be considered a true moral guardians of standards we should uphold.

Between them and those pathetic excuse for commentators at Channel 7, they deserve for us to walk away from this game we love.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Hear hear Hiss!
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:11 pm

Varcoe is wearing an aboriginal arm band on each arm.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
The Age along with all the Fairfax stable are dying. They are a hypocritical pack of scum who love using their failing media enterprise to divide Australia and relish in decent Australians turning on each other.

The Fairfax empire or collapsing empire, are extremely hypocritical. They carry on with all this social engineering, yet with their Domain Property advertising masked as mainstream news, have significantly contributed to the homelessness and housing affordability crisis we have created in Australia. They write advertorials actually encouraging the greed and selfishness of property investors.

It bemuses me how this pack of hypocritical scum could even think they have a right to engineer opinions about social behaviour.

I used to buy the Age. Now with the standard of filth and hypocrisy it represents, i refuse too.

They have no credibility on anything. Why not do a front page lead condemning property speculation and calling for more housing for the homeless?

Argh no, see that would mean they could be considered a true moral guardians of standards we should uphold.

Between them and those pathetic excuse for commentators at Channel 7, they deserve for us to walk away from this game we love.

Your master Murdoch will be pleased what about the ABC - surely they deserve a blast - not to mention that SBS mob!

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Why do I hate political correctness?
Political correctness is a perception that individuals feel when their
Liberties and freedoms are under threat by rules, regulations, restrictions and conventions.
It is done for the so called protection or benefit of society or the individual. It is the overarching and intrusive nature of the beast the makes individuals like me feel disconnected and angry at the all-pervading way it is carried out.
If you live in China it is very easy to work out that criticism of the communist party is not politically correct. Boo the communist, criticize the party cadres, burn their flag and you will find a prison cell awaits you. In Australia it is much more subtle than that.
I will give one small example I dont recycle I dont believe it is useful or even wise, but that is just me. But now not only am I subject to campaigns and slogans I am compelled by law to put my cans and other so called recyclables in a special bin. Most of this rubbish is put in landfills anyway.
In the recycling case I am being compelled to do something that to me is useless, a waste of my time and to me does not do one thing to improve the environment and in fact distracts from other more pressing environmental issues.
But it is politically correct to recycle and I am compelled by law to do it.
Point 2. For twilight and night games full length beer is banned!
Why? It is because they fear that the plebs, that is you and me, may get a little over the top and start fighting or worse enjoy themselves. Of course it is for yours and the crowd safety.
But as my brother said do you think they are drinking light beer in the corporate boxes now?
So the plebs drink crap and the corporates drink champagne. This is the flip side of political correctness one rule for us and one for them.
You cant have drunks at the footy unless they are corporate drunks.. come on down John Elliot!
So now booing is under threat
People have had the right to boo for over 2500 years and it is one way of getting audience participation. If it is banned for Adam it must be logically banned for all.
Irrespective of whether it is racist, the blanket banning or discouragement of booing takes away another slice of freedom another downer in participating in a tribal ceremony that started out when I was a kid as fun but now is becoming tedious and boring. More and more I blame the corporates, the PC police and the overreaching of rules and regulations and conventions and restrictions for my condition.

You're just being politically correct.

No he is just a fool everything is recycled. And you don't think recycling is wise or worthwhile you need to be educated mate. Your thinking is what makes you a pleb not what others are doing or not doing.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Museman wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Goodes picking out that girl, rather than any of the racist adults around her, was manna from heaven for the white sheet brigade.

How so? seriously...

It doesn't make them suddenly non racist, it doesn't make racism right, and it doesn't allow them to hide.

I understand why you made the statement...you're having a snide dig, but it really actually doesn't make any logical sense.

Why do you think intellectual giants like Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt keep raising it? You'd think it was the worst thing anyone had ever done in history.

I'm not making a "snide dig". I'm just stating the obvious.

It was manna from heaven because it gives them something they see as a justification, even though it's nothing of the sort. There's a reason why Bolt, Jones and others who espouse racist views keep bringing it up and misrepresenting it (ie. "Goodes had no concern for the girl and called her the face of racism" - completely false).

The booing is certainly of a racial nature. It is because of Goodes's views and how he presents them, but the anger they generate is out of all proportion and clearly racially motivated. The booing is not all about the girl being singled out either, it did not start immediately and I feel had more to do with Goodes' continued "confronting" comments after being thrust into the spotlight. Either way, there is a racist base to it.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:21 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

yin-YANG wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Your master Murdoch will be pleased what about the ABC - surely they deserve a blast - not to mention that SBS mob!

Bolt is a little too left for me.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Wasn't it so much better when uppity blacks knew their place? That's what the booing is all about.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:19 pm

As for the child argument, the little bogan got caught out and that was fair enough. Anyone who thinks a 13 year old doesn't know that calling a black person an ape these days is wrong is either running a deliberately specious argument or totally naive.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Exhibit A here in what this is all about, pretentious dickheads feeling morally superior because everyone else is a racist bogan, but they're a sophisticated special snowflake.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Defender wrote:

Long story short, don't try and further your cause at a $$%^%%$ child's expense, it's not hard to work out mate.

I'm sure Adam wouldn't have known the age of the person who called him an ape, but let's say for the sake of simplicity, that he did. So he looked at the teenage girl and thought, yes, she's 13 and I'm calling her out on racist remarks. Where is the problem Defender?

At what age would you say people should know that calling an Aboriginal man an ape is not the right thing to do? Sounds like you'd opt for driving age at 18? Or perhaps voting age at 21? I'm darn well sure a 13 yo should know better. I think Adam was right to call her out. He wasn't to know, by the way, that over- zealous security guards would make such a song and dance over it either.

If we're going to be critical of anybody on that particular day, it should be the MCG Security and not a proud Aboriginal man who drew attention to offensive crowd members. BTW, I think Adam's action worked a treat. A whole generation of Australian young people would have discussed the matter in schools over the following weeks and hopefully, learned a very valuable lesson.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:15 am

Wokko wrote:
Exhibit A here in what this is all about, pretentious dickheads feeling morally superior because everyone else is a racist bogan, but they're a sophisticated special snowflake.

Careful Wokko you'll go Full Reclaim in a minute. Mind you point is just a very immature deflection so its not worth a serious reply.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
As for the child argument, the little bogan got caught out and that was fair enough. Anyone who thinks a 13 year old doesn't know that calling a black person an ape these days is wrong is either running a deliberately specious argument or totally naive.

Is it really necessary calling her a "little bogan"?

Also you have no idea whether she knew saying the word "ape" towards Adam Goodes had any racial connotations to it. She may have known it would be offensive but not to the point of being considered racial vilification or maybe she was aware of what she was doing but using her as the 'face of racism' in Australia was a disgrace by Goodes regardless of whether she intended to be racist or not.

Young children like this shouldn't be front and centre in the media. If Adam wanted to deal with the situation this should have been dealt with privately with only the Sydney Swans releasing a quick statement to the media saying that they were going to meet with the young girl and her family about how they can resolve this behaviour and move forward rather than having Adam doing a press conference the following day and humiliating the kid further.

The fact that she was on the front page of the media was a disgrace and resulted in backlash from many people in the community. If it's also true that she was interrogated by police and could have been charged with making an offensive comment (thankfully Adam decided to not lay charges) but the fact that it could have got to that stage frightens me and makes me shudder to be honest.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 am

Jezza wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:

Is it really necessary calling her a "little bogan"?

Also you have no idea whether she knew saying the word "ape" towards Adam Goodes had any racial connotations to it. She may have known it would be offensive but not to the point of being considered racial vilification or maybe she was aware of what she was doing but using her as the 'face of racism' in Australia was a disgrace by Goodes regardless of whether she intended to be racist or not.

Young children like this shouldn't be front and centre in the media. If Adam wanted to deal with the situation this should have been dealt with privately with only the Sydney Swans releasing a quick statement to the media saying that they were going to meet with the young girl and her family about how they can resolve this behaviour and move forward rather than having Adam doing a press conference the following day and humiliating the kid further.

The fact that she was on the front page of the media was a disgrace and resulted in backlash from many people in the community. If it's also true that she was interrogated by police and could have been charged with making an offensive comment (thankfully Adam decided to not lay charges) but the fact that it could have got to that stage frightens me and makes me shudder to be honest.

Yes its a disgrace when an Aboriginal reacts to racism isn't it? They should know their place don't you think? She was the unlucky one he heard - too bad but that's the random nature of chance and fate - what happened afterwards is out of Goodes' hands I would have thought. All you are doing is making excuses for the perpetrator. The basis of the argument you raise is that its more whites telling Aboriginals what to be offended at and how to deal with it. She called him an "Ape". Whites have been calling blacks that for generations - of course it was meant of a racist remark. She was old enough to know that. Like many racists at the football she probably thought it was funny (and I bet her family with her did too) until she got got caught out. Except it isn't now and it wasn't then. I just love how it's the victim's fault not the perpetrator's. That's the twisted logic of racism for you.

You should think through what you post more I suggest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 28 of 53   

Jump to: