Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies players should show support for Goodes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
Pathetic. No wonder Collingwood fans get laughed at. You can pretend there is no problem here but I'm sure Aboriginal players won't agree with you. The only people showing butthurt on this issue are whites. Funny that, I guess it must be a total coincidence no? Laughing

PS: You can abuse me all you like - I'm not going anywhere. Laughing

I take my hat off to you mate.

Challenge and confront these fools.

Well Lazza has a parrot and he parrots the party line.
We are racists because we are told we are racists.

Probably wasting my time as usual because the comprehension skills here are as bad as the lack of leadership shown by Abbott.
However, I have NEVER said that ALL those who boo were racists. All I have said is that it is totally, logically and rationally bloody incomprehensible (and hilarious at the same time) to think that absolutely NONE/ NOT ONE of those who boo are racists. So I say that a few/minority are racists and definitely stand by it.
BTW, if you bother to visit any right wing forum and you will actually read evidence of posters admitting their racism... Rolling Eyes

I'm bored with this topic as I think most Posters are, but for the record is it just booing of Goodes or is it booing in general?

Seriously good question (and I mean that dude).

All my comments are only ever related to the booing of Goodes.

fair point

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Lazza wrote:

Well you are dead set right!

You calling others "self important wankers", "self important scumbags" and being "too arrogant", and then accusing them of being racist based on your high horse view IS the pot calling the kettle black... Shocked Idea

Seriously? You're hitting me with the intellectual equivalent of "I know you are, I said you are but what am I?"

I'm seriously done with this topic, the PC drones are too far gone to get through to and anyone sitting on the fence has already made up their mind. Thinking that someone needs special treatment because of their race is as racist as it comes, it's paternalistic nonsense. You just have to put the Milne and Goodes episode side by side, if you think Milne didn't deserve to be booed relentlessly once he came out and said it was effecting him and his family then you can happily say the same for Goodes. I didn't hear too many people championing the Tip Rat though.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Wokko wrote:
Thinking that someone needs special treatment because of their race is as racist as it comes, it's paternalistic nonsense.

See this is just nonsensical right winged diversion and rubbish comment that Andrew Bolt would be proud of. I have NEVER thought this nor said anything like it. Rolling Eyes
All I have consistently said is that I honestly believe that a few of those booing Goodes are racist. And I do believe that a few racists actually (and sadly) exist instead of denying this fact.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Thinking that someone needs special treatment because of their race is as racist as it comes, it's paternalistic nonsense.

See this is just nonsensical right winged diversion and rubbish comment that Andrew Bolt would be proud of. I have NEVER thought this nor said anything like it. Rolling Eyes
All I have consistently said is that I honestly believe that a few of those booing Goodes are racist. And I do believe that a few racists actually (and sadly) exist instead of denying this fact.

I don't think anyone would seriously deny that there are literally zero racist people in a football crowd or that those tiny minority of people aren't joining in the with 10s of thousands of booers.

I just don't think that those very, very few people are of any consequence to this discussion. They're not causing any division, they're not telling other people what to do or not to do, they're not causing or leading any booing of Goodes (otherwise they could get people to boo other, even ONE other Aboriginal player).

Your argument that there might be a closet racist or two in the crowd is right, but has nothing to do with, well, anything really. I would suggest the percentage of racists in an Australian football crowd would be lower than the percentage of racists in just about any comparable sized sporting crowd anywhere in the world.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Lazza wrote:
Wokko wrote:

I honestly believe that a few of those not booing Goodes are racist.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

This was our line in the sand, an opportunity to acknowledge the sins of the past, make our apologies and move forward positively toward true reconciliation as 1 Australia.

13 February 2008:

Prime Minister (Hon Kevin Rudd MP): Mr Speaker, I move:

That today we honour the Indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

We reflect on their past mistreatment.

We reflect in particular on the mistreatment of those who were Stolen Generations - this blemished chapter in our nation's history.

The time has now come for the nation to turn a new page in Australia's history by righting the wrongs of the past and so moving forward with confidence to the future.

We apologise for the laws and policies of successive Parliaments and governments that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Australians.

We apologise especially for the removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families, their communities and their country.

For the pain, suffering and hurt of these Stolen Generations, their descendants and for their families left behind, we say sorry.

To the mothers and the fathers, the brothers and the sisters, for the breaking up of families and communities, we say sorry.

And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, we say sorry.

We the Parliament of Australia respectfully request that this apology be received in the spirit in which it is offered as part of the healing of the nation.

For the future we take heart; resolving that this new page in the history of our great continent can now be written.

We today take this first step by acknowledging the past and laying claim to a future that embraces all Australians.

A future where this Parliament resolves that the injustices of the past must never, never happen again.

A future where we harness the determination of all Australians, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, to close the gap that lies between us in life expectancy, educational achievement and economic opportunity.

A future where we embrace the possibility of new solutions to enduring problems where old approaches have failed.

A future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility.

A future where all Australians, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great country, Australia.

Someone needs to break the news to Adam Goodes.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Yeah the apology was long overdue -- John Howard had the same issue as the Fonz and found it just too tough!

But there is a long way to go Jackass - have you caught any of the media this year re the plans to remove Indigenous Australians from remote communities. I recall Abbott said it was a lifestyle choice for people to live in those areas. He has no idea about the importance of country and the connection to the land for Indigenous Australians and I suspect there are many others in Australia who think as he does.

I am rapt to see so many people in our footy community and broader society come out and support Goodes - from our players to Prez and hopefully our cheersquad and supporters in a few weeks time when we play em Smile

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:13 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Yeah the apology was long overdue -- John Howard had the same issue as the Fonz and found it just too tough!

But there is a long way to go Jackass - have you caught any of the media this year re the plans to remove Indigenous Australians from remote communities. I recall Abbott said it was a lifestyle choice for people to live in those areas. He has no idea about the importance of country and the connection to the land for Indigenous Australians and I suspect there are many others in Australia who think as he does.

I am rapt to see so many people in our footy community and broader society come out and support Goodes - from our players to Prez and hopefully our cheersquad and supporters in a few weeks time when we play em Smile

I'm a strong supporter of reconciliation and I agree we still have a long way to go.

I just don't like the way Adam Goodes delivers the message. Far too much me me me in it and an apparent lack of ability to move forward. True reconciliation will never occur when those held up as the messengers can't move it in the right direction and bring the broader community along with them.

The 13 year old girl at the G saga which seems to be the genesis of the booing a case in point. She was pointed out to security, as she rightly should have been, and dealt with accordingly. But to then label a naively stupid 13 year old "the face of racism" was brutal beyond measure and people were rightly outraged. Rather than use the situation as an opportunity to teach and guide and show some compassion, he instead chose to smash a child and alienate vast sectors of the broader community putting the quest for reconciliation back decades.

He may well be a hell of a nice bloke but he's certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed and far to divisive for my liking and for the advancement of reconciliation. For those reasons I thought he was a very poor choice as AOTY and that again fuelled expectations that he wasn't able to deliver on.

The fallout of this twisted ugly saga further demonstrating just how divisive he is. Labelling large proportions of the community as racist without any understanding or awareness of what is actually in their hearts is a disgrace. To label all racist because a few likely are is a disgrace.

I don't boo or condone booing but don't for a moment think I'm offering any great support to Adam Goodes.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:46 pm

That raises a fascinating - and very fundamental - question, though: if you feel that strongly about the issue but you're not booing him (either incidentally or repeatedly), then what is the motivating factor that drives large numbers to do so, week in week out? It's surely not some shared perception that his particular approach is not assisting the reconciliation process.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That raises a fascinating - and very fundamental - question, though: if you feel that strongly about the issue but you're not booing him (either incidentally or repeatedly), then what is the motivating factor that drives large numbers to do so, week in week out? It's surely not some shared perception that his particular approach is not assisting the reconciliation process.

I don't know or presume to know but as I suggested, smashing a naïve young girl did nothing to endear him to the broader community. Perhaps start there. And that by the way has nothing to do with race.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I don't know or presume to know but as I suggested, smashing a naïve young girl did nothing to endear him to the broader community. Perhaps start there. And that by the way has nothing to do with race.

A lot of people are forgetting the facts. Adam Goodes went out of his way to make sure the 13 yr old girl was not victimised over this. If there was any fault it was by the security and police heavy handling on the day. Read below an excerpt from the Hun, the day after this event and it's clear Goodes was not attacking the girl.

Goodes' former teammate, Michael O'Loughlin, today said: "We can’t let this one incident spoil the whole weekend." He also urged the public to support the young girl.

Goodes urged restraint in the backlash against the girl who vilified him and said he hoped she would contact him to apologise.

"People need to get around her. She's 13, she's uneducated. If she wants to pick up the phone and call me, I'll take the call."

"I've got no doubt in my mind she's got no idea what she was calling me last night."

"It's not a witch hunt. I don't want people to go after this girl."

Speaking immediately after Goodes, AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said he felt for the dual Brownlow Medalist and also for the young girl.

"It's disappointing that it occurred from a young girl," Demetriou said.

"We will do our best to contact her parents and offer support."

"You couldn’t help but be upset for Adam … because it affected him so much he had to leave the field of play.

"He, like us, will do what we can to ensure that this girl gets the assistance that she needs so we don’t have incidents like this happening again."
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

A lot of people are forgetting the facts. Adam Goodes went out of his way to make sure the 13 yr old girl was not victimised over this. If there was any fault it was by the security and police heavy handling on the day. Read below an excerpt from the Hun, the day after this event and it's clear Goodes was not attacking the girl.

Goodes' former teammate, Michael O'Loughlin, today said: "We can’t let this one incident spoil the whole weekend." He also urged the public to support the young girl.

Goodes urged restraint in the backlash against the girl who vilified him and said he hoped she would contact him to apologise.

"People need to get around her. She's 13, she's uneducated. If she wants to pick up the phone and call me, I'll take the call."

"I've got no doubt in my mind she's got no idea what she was calling me last night."

Speaking immediately after Goodes, AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou said he felt for the dual Brownlow Medalist and also for the young girl.

"You couldn’t help but be upset for Adam … because it affected him so much he had to leave the field of play.

"He, like us, will do what we can to ensure that this girl gets the assistance that she needs so we don’t have incidents like this happening again."

Wise words.... yet by deed and said at the same time "racism has a face and it's a 13 year old girl"

That unique ability to seed confusion and anger in a sea of calm.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Given Adam Goodes' experience of often being called a 'monkey' or 'ape', it was to be expected that he would consider those comments racist, regardless of whether the girl meant it that way or not.

Here's his comment about 'the face of racism'. He is simply stating the facts. I don't think Goodes has any reason to apologise to anyone. In my opinion, however, the police and the media's treatment of the young girl was outrageous.

From 27 May 2013.

'To come to the boundary line and hear a 13-year-old girl call me an "ape", and it's not the first time on a footy field that I've been referred to as a "monkey" or an "ape", it was shattering,' he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Goodes told the Melbourne Herald Sun afterwards that, 'Racism had a face...and it was a 13-year-old girl - but it's not her fault,' said Goodes.

'That's what hurt me so bad... when I turned around, I just saw this young face and... it was just sad.

'That's why I had to leave the arena, it just broke my heart.'

Early on Saturday morning, Goodes took to his Twitter feed to announce that the girl had been in touch with him, apologising for her actions.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:00 pm

If the boos were all about the 13 year old girl shouldn't there have been more boos back in 2013 or 2014… but instead they are happening now in 2015?

Although there are some who are hiding their dislike - maybe even hatred for Goodes behind the protection of the young girl the reality is very different. They are not defensive they are on the attack.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Oh FFS.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 32 of 53   

Jump to: