Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moore announcing himself to the AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously Jackass?

You don't know? And 'struggling' is a kind term for destroying a season in 4 games!

Its Because our players, young and old, don't have the strength of purpose to win the close ones, they don't have the self belief. Where is that supposed to come from? In MMs last few years we didn’t lose the close ones. Even in Buckleys first year or so. In 2011 we lost one close game, because the umpire was an idiot who didn’t know the rules, before and after that I was always quite happy if it was a close game, I knew we'd win if it was close.

Now I know we'll lose if its close.

Getting these things into the players heads (and I promise you, I will cut my own throat if I'm wrong) is the responsibility of the coaching staff. That’s what coaching means! look up 'coach' in the dictionary, you'll find that as a verb it means to urge, to teach, to inspire.

Why do YOU think were 'struggling' Jack?

?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:11 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-07-27/magpie-moore-quickly-putting-the-pieces-of-the-jigsaw-together-2015
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:12 pm

I pushed up for Moore some time ago, prior to the dawks game, and got lampooned for it, but i knew this kid would be something really special, as his pedigree is huge, son of a dual brownlow medallist . Moore will be awesome in a few seasons, just give him time to mature.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I pushed up for Moore some time ago, prior to the dawks game, and got lampooned for it, but i knew this kid would be something really special, as his pedigree is huge, son of a dual brownlow medallist . Moore will be awesome in a few seasons, just give him time to mature.

I was saying that last year when I watching him in the TAC Cup and U-18 Champs.

There is just something Special about Darcy and he showed yesterday why that is and how bright his future is

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 pm

The way he picked up the ball and ran into the open goal reminded me of his father
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 pm

35forever wrote:
Seriously Jackass?

You don't know? And 'struggling' is a kind term for destroying a season in 4 games!

Its Because our players, young and old, don't have the strength of purpose to win the close ones, they don't have the self belief. Where is that supposed to come from? In MMs last few years we didn’t lose the close ones. Even in Buckleys first year or so. In 2011 we lost one close game, because the umpire was an idiot who didn’t know the rules, before and after that I was always quite happy if it was a close game, I knew we'd win if it was close.

Now I know we'll lose if its close.

Getting these things into the players heads (and I promise you, I will cut my own throat if I'm wrong) is the responsibility of the coaching staff. That’s what coaching means! look up 'coach' in the dictionary, you'll find that as a verb it means to urge, to teach, to inspire.

Why do YOU think were 'struggling' Jack?

?

Coming into a season with a total of 19 players on the list with 50 or more games and of that 19 all of Reid, Greenwood, Macaffer, Sidebottom, Cloke, Young, and Elliott have missed some to all senior games.

Expecting a team comprising large numbers of inexperienced kids to have the composure of hardened veterans is setting yourself up for a painful let down. More recent recruiting (post MM) has focused on grabbing good users of the footy. Marsh is probably the only exception.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Maxy Showing what else Moore did yesterday outside of his 5 Goals:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-07-27/maxys-moores-match-analysed

Did that as well vs Hawks and Power

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:41 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Redlight wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Probably good fortune rather than good management he played well today and thank God he did as he was our only shining light.

Bucks played Moore in defence at the start of the VFL season when we were crying out for a key forward prospect (and no those few weeks wouldn't have made diddly squat of difference to his performance today), played him as a defender in the AFL last time around after debuting him as a forward the round before and wasn't initially selected this week.

If Cloke and Reid weren't injured who knows if he'd be still toiling away in defence in the VFL when we needed him developed forward.

Thank God he kicked 5 today so we'll see sanity prevail and he'll be played forward where most good judges thought a player with his talent always belonged.

Injury aside he's going to be a gun in a couple of seasons.

I'm sure that there's benefit in a young forward going back to get an understanding of how defensive players think and set up. If you know what a defender is likely to do then you'll be a more effective forward.

That's one way of thinking but in reality I can't think of many truly great forwards starting in defence.

Moore has the potential to be a great forward so unless he proves he can't be let him learn his craft as one.

He's our most talented key forward prospect since Cloke IMO but has more of the natural flair Tarrant possessed.

I think he has a better mentality than the latter though which should hold him in good stead.

Rather Moore going forward than million dollar Boyd.

And you were on hand to see every reserves game of these apparent great forwards? Just how is he less developed by playing a few weeks in defense? I used to respect your posts but you're fast becoming a bit of a drama queen, looking for smoking guns on grassy knolls.

And all you do is seemingly post negative shite about other peoples opinions.

Take a look at yourself in the mirror before casting aspersions on others.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Redlight wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Probably good fortune rather than good management he played well today and thank God he did as he was our only shining light.

Bucks played Moore in defence at the start of the VFL season when we were crying out for a key forward prospect (and no those few weeks wouldn't have made diddly squat of difference to his performance today), played him as a defender in the AFL last time around after debuting him as a forward the round before and wasn't initially selected this week.

If Cloke and Reid weren't injured who knows if he'd be still toiling away in defence in the VFL when we needed him developed forward.

Thank God he kicked 5 today so we'll see sanity prevail and he'll be played forward where most good judges thought a player with his talent always belonged.

Injury aside he's going to be a gun in a couple of seasons.

I'm sure that there's benefit in a young forward going back to get an understanding of how defensive players think and set up. If you know what a defender is likely to do then you'll be a more effective forward.

That's one way of thinking but in reality I can't think of many truly great forwards starting in defence.

Moore has the potential to be a great forward so unless he proves he can't be let him learn his craft as one.

He's our most talented key forward prospect since Cloke IMO but has more of the natural flair Tarrant possessed.

I think he has a better mentality than the latter though which should hold him in good stead.

Rather Moore going forward than million dollar Boyd.

And you were on hand to see every reserves game of these apparent great forwards? Just how is he less developed by playing a few weeks in defense? I used to respect your posts but you're fast becoming a bit of a drama queen, looking for smoking guns on grassy knolls.

And all you do is seemingly post negative shite about other peoples opinions.

Take a look at yourself in the mirror before casting aspersions on others.

So posting an opinion that doesn't accord with the opinion of another poster is just negative shite about other peoples opinions... yeah okay.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:22 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Moore’s Free when he Kicked the 4th Goal. That was happening earlier in the Game and he got nothing Evil or Very Mad

Dave, I was going off my head about that!!
Pay it early and the defender has to stop doing it.

Same here and the same thing happened to Jesse White as well in the first half on certain occasions.

Pretty soft free, could equally have been paid to the Doggies forwards on a couple of occasions.

Really?? Are we talking about the same incidents??

If one is attempting to spoil, one needs to at least pretend they're making an attempt to reach the ball.
Going the body while the opponent is going for a mark is a free kick 100 times out of 100.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:11 pm

King Monkey wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Moore’s Free when he Kicked the 4th Goal. That was happening earlier in the Game and he got nothing Evil or Very Mad

Dave, I was going off my head about that!!
Pay it early and the defender has to stop doing it.

Same here and the same thing happened to Jesse White as well in the first half on certain occasions.

Pretty soft free, could equally have been paid to the Doggies forwards on a couple of occasions.

Really?? Are we talking about the same incidents??

If one is attempting to spoil, one needs to at least pretend they're making an attempt to reach the ball.
Going the body while the opponent is going for a mark is a free kick 100 times out of 100.

I don't have the benefit of a replay but my recollection of the incident at the time is that there are dozens of similar incidents in games that Appropriately don't receive a free, hence I thought it was soft. Multiple replays shown at the time did nothing to change my view.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks for the link DTM. I hope that this is a true insight into our collective future.

I have no critism of him playing in defence in the VFL as hopfully it will give him the ability to impose defensive pressure which can be the difference between a good forward and a champion forward.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:06 pm

For the first time Moore has earned his selection next week based on performance rather than potential. Well done Darcy.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Not as good looking as his old man, over-rated and runs forward of the ball. Could well be our Jarryd Roughead Wink
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Maxy Showing what else Moore did yesterday outside of his 5 Goals:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-07-27/maxys-moores-match-analysed

Did that as well vs Hawks and Power

Very Happy Great to see you outlining that DTM, Some of posters who had a go at Darcey in those games should take note! A lot of the work players do just go unnoticed, In these last 5 games there are a lot of things we did right and many we need to work on. One thing for sure Moore up forward has been a great move ever since the Hawks game! Had our midfielders gone to him more in that game he could have broken out a lot earlier!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: