Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moore announcing himself to the AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Moores Free when he Kicked the 4th Goal. That was happening earlier in the Game and he got nothing Evil or Very Mad
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:41 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Yes, looks very good. Perhaps most exciting is that he has the temperament to slot them when he gets it. One risk now is that we get carried away. It was a fine game, but not a dominant one, strangely. The best thing about it is that it'll build the young man's confidence and make him feel as though he belongs out there. He hasn't looked like that until he ran onto that bounce early in the second quarter and raced into the open goal. Then, suddenly, you could sense that he started to grow in stature.

He'll be up and down like all young players especially key forwards but today came as no real surprise to me because the one thing Moore has going for him already is a strong desire to compete, speed, bravery and a willingness to launch himself for a mark in a contested situation.

Took a couple of really good grabs today but until his strength improves he'll be hit and miss in this area.

No one is expecting him to come out and kick multiple goals each and every week but he'll have a decent crack and I get the feeling will keep some good defenders honest in the process.

Yep the Marks he still has a Few Almost Marks but they seemed to Stick more in the 2nd Half.

Yep, The Boy loves to Compete and is a Freak of an Athlete for someone who is around 200cms.

He is going to be very exciting to watch his Career in the Black and White Very Happy

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Moores Free when he Kicked the 4th Goal. That was happening earlier in the Game and he got nothing Evil or Very Mad

Dave, I was going off my head about that!!
Pay it early and the defender has to stop doing it.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

You where not the Only One Mate

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:04 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
But seriously, it was great to listen to Darcy breakout like that. I'll bet you had even more fun watching live, Dave.

Hopefully he gets to play with Ben Reid next week against the Dees...

Was Fun to Watch but wrong Result.

I think Reid would need another Full game at VFL at least before he plays AFL

Normally I'd agree, but Carlton and the Dees are really VFL standard anyway. Perfect chance to get Reid back in and get his fitness up on the run. The times are too desperate for yet more conservative dilly-dallying...

Yeah that's a very good point. I'd have thought he needed another week in the twos until I read that
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:05 am

Geek wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
But seriously, it was great to listen to Darcy breakout like that. I'll bet you had even more fun watching live, Dave.

Hopefully he gets to play with Ben Reid next week against the Dees...

Was Fun to Watch but wrong Result.

I think Reid would need another Full game at VFL at least before he plays AFL

Normally I'd agree, but Carlton and the Dees are really VFL standard anyway. Perfect chance to get Reid back in and get his fitness up on the run. The times are too desperate for yet more conservative dilly-dallying...

Yeah that's a very good point. I'd have thought he needed another week in the twos until I read that

and Season is on the Line nearly every week now

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:09 am

King Monkey wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Same here and the same thing happened to Jesse White as well in the first half on certain occasions.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 am

swoop42 wrote:
Bucks played Moore in defence at the start of the VFL season when we were crying out for a key forward prospect (and no those few weeks wouldn't have made diddly squat of difference to his performance today), played him as a defender in the AFL last time around after debuting him as a forward the round before and wasn't initially selected this week.

If Cloke and Reid weren't injured who knows if he'd be still toiling away in defence in the VFL when we needed him developed forward.

All good forwards should spend some quality time in defence, just as defenders should spend time playing as forwards. You learn stuff about the game playing at the "wrong" end of the ground that is very useful to you when you go back to your rightful spot.

As an example, in cricket I always reckon I learned how to bowl by batting. Every time I nicked one or got trapped LBW, there was a good lesson in how to do it to the other bastard next time I got a bowl. (Very fast way to learn: with my batting skils, on average, I got a valuable lesson about once an over! Sad )

But seriously, playing a forward down back for a solid half-season or so can be an excellent aid to his development. Anthony Rocca was nothing special till he played CHB for half a season and got to see the game from the other side. Mick Malthouse knew what he was doing when he played Daisy as a HBF to teach him accountability. And so on.

Oh, and there is a bonus. If you play your forwards back as part of their development, you just might find that you have someone handy to swing back and cover an injury when you need to. Normally you wouldn't do this with your best marking forward (which is what we hope Moore will turn out to be) but it never hurts to have the option up your sleeve.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:32 am

swoop42 wrote:
Probably good fortune rather than good management he played well today and thank God he did as he was our only shining light.

Bucks played Moore in defence at the start of the VFL season when we were crying out for a key forward prospect (and no those few weeks wouldn't have made diddly squat of difference to his performance today), played him as a defender in the AFL last time around after debuting him as a forward the round before and wasn't initially selected this week.

If Cloke and Reid weren't injured who knows if he'd be still toiling away in defence in the VFL when we needed him developed forward.

Thank God he kicked 5 today so we'll see sanity prevail and he'll be played forward where most good judges thought a player with his talent always belonged.

Injury aside he's going to be a gun in a couple of seasons.

I'm sure that there's benefit in a young forward going back to get an understanding of how defensive players think and set up. If you know what a defender is likely to do then you'll be a more effective forward.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:34 am
Post subject: Re: Moore announcing himself to the AFLReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Today that he will be a Mega-Star of the Competition in his Prime.

Kicking 5 Goals. 3 Set Shots and 2 Ground Goals. Some Lovely Marks as well

Video of his Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kRZYKe4b4

Wonderful DTM. Thanks

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 am

Dave The Man wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Probably good fortune rather than good management he played well today and thank God he did as he was our only shining light.

Thank God he kicked 5 today so we'll see sanity prevail and he'll be played forward where most good judges thought a player with his talent always belonged.

Agree- Why Bucks Trained him in the Pre-Season as a Backman was beyond me and as you say this 5 Goal Game puts to rest any doubt that his best Postion is up forward

Yeah, what would he know?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:06 am

Thanks DTM. Great to watch.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:12 am

Redlight wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I'm sure that there's benefit in a young forward going back to get an understanding of how defensive players think and set up. If you know what a defender is likely to do then you'll be a more effective forward.

That's one way of thinking but in reality I can't think of many truly great forwards starting in defence.

Moore has the potential to be a great forward so unless he proves he can't be let him learn his craft as one.

He's our most talented key forward prospect since Cloke IMO but has more of the natural flair Tarrant possessed.

I think he has a better mentality than the latter though which should hold him in good stead.

Rather Moore going forward than million dollar Boyd.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 am

Were probably lucky that Cloke is injured, the stupidity of bringing Moore in too early, and then dropping him too soon was subverted by the loss of Cloke.
I don't believe we would've seen a big game from Darcy this year if Cloke was in the side.
I hate to say it, I love the big guy, but a forward who can't kick goals is just no use to anyone. Do you think Essendon would play him over Joe Daniher?
No.

He's an excellent, experienced player, and has a few years ahead of him, but his days as FF should be over, lets turn him into a CHB, I think he'd be great at it. We've badly missed Reid's marking ability, and I fear, even though he'll almost certainly be in the side next week after a great game in the Magoos, he'll be back on the injury list before season's end, and will probably retire.

So Trav at CHB where his run and strength and marking ability would be incredibly useful, and Darcy at FF from here out.

Of course this won't happen, you'd need a coach with foresight, and some vestige of tactical ability. Which we don't have.

Shame that.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:12 am

Jezza wrote:
A fantastic performance by Darcy Moore! Five goals and no behinds is as good as it gets!

Just keep playing him from now on regardless of form. This experience at the senior level will do wonders for his development and confidence.

Exactly Jezza.
We all believed 2015/16 was about development of the next batch of premiership players.
They can't get used to AFL standard football in the seconds or from the stands.
Remember when Sidey and Beams first came in they had very good good fair and bad games all mixed in together but we kept playing them and the end result was good for there development and our development as a team.
Moore should be given games ahead of White and Reid (Reid because I would put him in cotton wool now and say son you have 2016 to be cherry ripe and earn a place in this team long term going forward)
For that reason I would keep playing Maynard, DeGoey, Crisp and would give games to Scharenberg and Freeman (as soon as possible in both cases) let's see what they have and give them a chance to get some experience prior to 2016.
I've said it a few times recently we need to know which players will or won't be part of our next premiership tilt. Those who are get games those who aren't play seconds and become back up for injuries or suspensions only
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: