Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

taff wa wrote:
Can anyone tell me is the agreement to play home games at Etihad an ongoing on. I hate that place with a passion, this year we have played there. 3 times to lose all.

I would love to see it revoked if it is. Probably dreaming.

It wasn't our home game and our deal is about a minimum of games at the G rather than a specified number at Docklands as far as I Know.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Positives- Moore Grundy
Negatives Buckley in ability to pick the right team every week

Witts can't play in the same team as Grundy he offers nothing as a forward or around the ground! But no Buckley will keep playing him with Grundy.

My team for next week would be (won't happen because of bucks)

Marsh brown Williams

Langdon frost sharenberg

Varcoe swan Sidebottom

Fasolo Reid karnezis

De goey Moore white

Foll: Grundy pendles Adams

Inter: greenwood crisp Dwyer Maynard

Out Toovey Goldsack Oxley Kennedy witts Blair

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 pm

6 changes - that will always make the team play better as a group.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 pm

taff wa wrote:
Can anyone tell me is the agreement to play home games at Etihad an ongoing on. I hate that place with a passion, this year we have played there. 3 times to lose all.

I can't stand Etihad but I don't mind playing there as the away team like we did today but playing there for home games is a disgrace.

Eddie and the club really need to push and advocate for all 11 home games to be played at the MCG in the future when the contract for us to play two home games a year at Etihad expires.

courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:40 pm

A part of our game that has stood out to me in the last couple of weeks is the switch of play in our back half.

We seem to do it so slowly which takes away the benefit of actually doing it. Last week against West Coast we did one switch when Marley kicked a nice flat 50m pass which got us rolling and resulted in a goal. Big loopy backward of square switch kicks are just so negative.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:32 am

jackcass wrote:
taff wa wrote:

It wasn't our home game and our deal is about a minimum of games at the G rather than a specified number at Docklands as far as I Know.

Instead of sitting around complaining, why not do something about the problem? There are several good solutions, but I personally favour detonating a small tactical nuclear weapon there to ensure all future games are played at a superior quality stadium (i.e., somewhere else, well, practically anywhere else). Ideally, and for double long-lasting benefit, you would do this during a Carlton - St Kilda game.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 am
Post subject: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!Reply with quote

Oh my God!
I don't think anyone here has the faintest idea what has happened in the last 5 weeks! I mean most of you are borderline illiterate, but I at least thought you could watch a football game and understand the basics of it!!!

Apparently NOT!

5 in a row!
why?
KICKING!!!!!
If we could kick like Hawthorn players kick, we would have beaten Freo and Hawthorn, and Port. By then we would've been probably second. Possibly first.
Do you THINK Footscray would've, could've beaten us under those circumstances? Anyone? And who gives a shit if they did! we'd still be first or second! Whoever is first or second when the season is finished are the two teams who can win the flag, especially if both are WA teams. Let me try to explain it in a way any of you idiots can understand...

If we could kick the footy ball straightly... am I being clear? Straightly means when I kick the footy ball, it goes right to the man I was trying to kick the footy ball to so he could catch it with his hands. OR it means when I kick the footy ball at the reeeeally big tall white painted poles, and I try to make it go between the even reeeally biggest poles of all - which are the ones in the middle - where the man in the hat stands - it DOES go through the reeeeally biggest poles with the white paint.

If only some body would find some other really clever man who could teach our Collingwood Magpie player men how to do those kicking things I said before,
then coLingwood wood WIN THE footy ball game!!

Yay for the Collingwoods! there my fAverit!!!!
Or was that too technical for you fkn morons here?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:34 am

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:
taff wa wrote:

Instead of sitting around complaining, why not do something about the problem? There are several good solutions, but I personally favour detonating a small tactical nuclear weapon there to ensure all future games are played at a superior quality stadium (i.e., somewhere else, well, practically anywhere else). Ideally, and for double long-lasting benefit, you would do this during a Carlton - St Kilda game.

I don't actually mind it. They made a blue with its size and orientation but it was never meant to be a 2nd MCG. That aside it's actually a good venue to watch footy if they close the roof. But then again, I used to love Waverly so what would I know.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:10 am
Post subject: Re: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
Oh my God!
I don't think anyone here has the faintest idea what has happened in the last 5 weeks! I mean most of you are borderline illiterate, but I at least thought you could watch a football game and understand the basics of it!!!

Apparently NOT!

5 in a row!
why?
KICKING!!!!!
If we could kick like Hawthorn players kick, we would have beaten Freo and Hawthorn, and Port. By then we would've been probably second. Possibly first.
Do you THINK Footscray would've, could've beaten us under those circumstances? Anyone? And who gives a shit if they did! we'd still be first or second! Whoever is first or second when the season is finished are the two teams who can win the flag, especially if both are WA teams. Let me try to explain it in a way any of you idiots can understand...

If we could kick the footy ball straightly... am I being clear? Straightly means when I kick the footy ball, it goes right to the man I was trying to kick the footy ball to so he could catch it with his hands. OR it means when I kick the footy ball at the reeeeally big tall white painted poles, and I try to make it go between the even reeeally biggest poles of all - which are the ones in the middle - where the man in the hat stands - it DOES go through the reeeeally biggest poles with the white paint.

If only some body would find some other really clever man who could teach our Collingwood Magpie player men how to do those kicking things I said before,

Nice colour coding. I just looked at the html for your formatting and can now do likewise on any future posts of mine. Thanks for that. At least your post did have some educational value.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 am

Football has something to do with kicking? Shocked
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:20 am

35forever wrote:
Oh my God!

Apparently NOT!

5 in a row!
why?
KICKING!!!!!

“In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.”
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am

35forever wrote:
Oh my God!

Apparently NOT!

5 in a row!
why?
KICKING!!!!!

Ok, i'm going to bite... You've just shown yourself to be the moron. First of all, there is no such word as "straightly". It is straight. You do not kick the FOOTBALL (not footy ball) straightly to your team mate, you kick the FOOTBALL straight to your team mate.

Secondly, your pointing out the obvious which cannot be fixed within this season. Yes our kicking is atrocious most of the time, it has been all season & a few seasons prior to that, but a lot of what if's in your post mean sweet FA! If only Cloke could kick straight, we would've won a lot more games over the past few years, if only Ben Reid didn't have any soft tissue injuries we would have no need for Jesse White. The list goes on & on.

I agree with you though, it is something the coaching staff need to work on ten fold over the pre-season. We cannot keep butchering the ball & expect raw talent to win out on the day.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 am

35forever wrote:
Oh my God!

Apparently NOT!

5 in a row!
why?
KICKING!!!!!

I'm fairly certain you don't have a comma before the word "and"
Just sayin.

Go Pies.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:08 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
Positives- Moore Grundy
Negatives Buckley in ability to pick the right team every week

Witts can't play in the same team as Grundy he offers nothing as a forward or around the ground! But no Buckley will keep playing him with Grundy.

My team for next week would be (won't happen because of bucks)

Marsh brown Williams

Langdon frost sharenberg

Varcoe swan Sidebottom

Fasolo Reid karnezis

De goey Moore white

Foll: Grundy pendles Adams

Inter: greenwood crisp Dwyer Maynard

Out Toovey Goldsack Oxley Kennedy witts Blair

agree, Goldsack, Blair, McCaffer (sorry), Toovey (if only he could kick) are just average these days. We need better than average
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Ev5Magpies wrote:

Ok, i'm going to bite... You've just shown yourself to be the moron. First of all, there is no such word as "straightly". It is straight. You do not kick the FOOTBALL (not footy ball) straightly to your team mate, you kick the FOOTBALL straight to your team mate.

'Straightly' might not be common usage but its OK. If you substitute it for the word 'directly' you'll see what I mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: