Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on the lighter side we have definately found some consistence, we consistently have a chance to win the game and lose
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Kennedy needs continuity with his body/health which has come over the last few months, and now some continuity in the Seniors.

All you clowns calling him a spud, give yourselves an uppercut, and stay down for count.

None of you remember his display as sub against Gold Coast late last season?? If Clinton Young keeps his eyes open for 0.03 sec longer, Kennedy wins that game for Collingwood off his own boot!
How many others in our side drill that pass to Greenwood today in the second quarter??

Unbelievable how quickly some turn...... Rolling Eyes

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 pm

A disappointing result in a game we were didn't deserve to win. Many have underestimated the Bulldogs but they've got similar characteristics to the Hawks with Beveridge in charge now but they're still not great users compared to the Hawks obviously but their development and progress since Beveridge came to the club has been astonishing.

In regards to ourselves a lot didn't go right today. Our forward line didn't function well at all and it took a young 19 year old in Darcy Moore to score our goals. I actually understand the anger towards Jesse White from frustrated supporters as he cannot take a mark to save his life and he has the ability to miss set shots at crucial stages of the game but statistically speaking he's having a good season for his standards and structurally he's been important up forward especially in Reid's absence in the last two seasons and plus I never expected him to be a great player despite the expectations that people had of him when he first arrived at the club. Fasolo will be lucky to remain in the senior side next week if today's performance is anything to go by. He just doesn't deliver when we need him most.

Brown and Frost are solid defenders and always do a good job on their direct opponents but their overall ball use in attacking spots is still poor however. Most notably, Brown had a chance to find a player on the lead in the forward line to get us within 10 points in the final quarter but instead he bombed it long in hope and turned it over in the process. I like Tooves but is he really a part of our next premiership side or is he just warming the seat for the next young guy whether that's Marsh or Scharenberg?

I think the criticism of Ben Kennedy is warranted today. He just looked really poor with the ball and played dumb football overall. I know he's been a solid player at VFL level but Bucks' reluctance to play him at senior level was well-demonstrated today. I'll give him a chance to redeem himself but I'm concerned that Hine hasn't picked the right player here when evaluating the 2012 draft.

Darcy Moore was the obvious highlight for mine! This kid with more experience, confidence and muscle will be an absolute gem for us in years to come. I think Buckley should just play him for the rest of the year for his development regardless of how he performs from week to week and the same goes for De Goey who continues to impress me with his calmness and good-decision making! He doesn't look out of place at this level.

The recurring theme of the day is our constant turnovers! They just kill us time and time again and the opportunity was there for the taking in the final quarter but we blew it with poor kicking but this has been a constant issue for a few years, and today was no exception. Sadly, we just don't have a good kicking team overall. We have good tacklers and guys who have a red-hot crack but the kicking skills are not up to scratch in the team overall barring a few players such as Pendles and Varcoe.

I'm not going to rule out finals for this year but we'll make up the numbers regardless of whether we make it or not. Five straight losses doesn't help our cause but four of those were against sides who are 6th or above on the ladder so a little perspective is needed so we can analyse where we're at exactly.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
The dogs are the ones with legitimate excuses with a first year coach.

Beveridge has achieved a lot in just one preseason and shows it's totally tosh to believe it takes years to implement changes to game plans that markedly improve a sides performance.

It's taken us 4 to show some genuine improvement.

We've had a cushy draw and less injuries yet still heading for another 11-11 season.

Contract extension beyond 2016 must not be offered now unless we make finals.

The Welfare is coming off a ridiculously low base and I have seen nothing to suggest they will be seriously competitive within the next 5 years. They have no key position players of any acceptable quality (unless Boyd suddenly comes good) and are incapable of beating a decent team in a final.

I think you're seriously underselling the Doggies. They definitely have some gaps but factor in the quality of the kids they've got developing and they're definitely a team on the rise.
piester 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Anyway at least Darcy Moore should pick up the Rising Star award for this week.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
I haven't seen Taylor Adams not make the distance from 35 metres two weeks running like Ben Ken has, and unlike Kennedy Adams actually can find the ball.

So he cant kick 35???
Genuine??
Give me a f@ken break...i know he can and you know he can...

I've seen adams kick it worse. I believed it was a head issue with him ....i believe the same about kennedy.....

Ragging on our sub 50 gamers because our more seasoned campaigners are nowhere near up to it shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge of our game...the one thing most young footballers lack is composure .....

He gets time he'll get enough of it...lots of crow will be eaten round here.

Hear hear! Kid worked his way through it at VFL level, will do the same at senior level. Can't understand why there's this continued expectation from some that our kids perform like seasoned veterans.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Woods wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Woods wrote:
Was good to see Moore kick a bag. But I fear the decision made by the coaching staff during the bye to blood Moore in the seniors has cost our season (ie. playing finals). Because Moore did nothing until today.

It has been a high price, an investment in the future, but I would never had bet my whole pile on one player.

How can a player be blooded in the byes??

You're either pissed, on the bong, or don't understand plain English.

Recent history suggests "all of the above" should be among the options.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 pm

piester wrote:
Anyway at least Darcy Moore should pick up the Rising Star award for this week.

Hopefully

bkelly123 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:57 pm

If moore doesn't get rising star this week it's a criminal offence...dragged the team along when the margin was threatening to explode
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Flashman wrote:
Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
I haven't seen Taylor Adams not make the distance from 35 metres two weeks running like Ben Ken has, and unlike Kennedy Adams actually can find the ball.

So he cant kick 35???
Genuine??
Give me a f@ken break...i know he can and you know he can...

I've seen adams kick it worse. I believed it was a head issue with him ....i believe the same about kennedy.....

Ragging on our sub 50 gamers because our more seasoned campaigners are nowhere near up to it shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge of our game...the one thing most young footballers lack is composure .....

He gets time he'll get enough of it...lots of crow will be eaten round here.

I'm going by what I saw today and last week and Kennedy twice didn't make the distance from well inside 50. You say he can kick the distance then lets see him do it in a fukken competitive situation when we need it like he hasn't done thus far.

Taylor Adams has just played the 50 games yet you seem to relish ragging on him yet his disposal is improving and his competitiveness and contesting is second to none at our club. Ben Kennedy could do worse than look closely at how Adams goes about it if he wants to become more than a fringe player.

Completely missed the point he was making me thinks
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:21 pm

inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Where have all the happy sacks gone?
They love to bash the realists on here after
every win or honourable loss.
Your silence is deafening!!!!

Dickhead of the week award, most of us posted, moron. Confused Confused Confused Confused

Was just thinking the same......obviously couldn't see it given the bulk of us are dissapointed at present.

Some just manage to keep a better perspective I guess.

The post was a response to the constant put downs, personal abuse and ridicule that the realists get week after week after week.
I have seen you join in on many occasions, but hey don't let your record get
in the way of your superior judgement.
Of course being called a dickhead a moran with you agreeing enthusiastically just shows you what a double standard poster you are!

Reasoned opinions should be encouraged on the site and not feel like the "prosecution" for the state is in court!! If the defendants have a reasoned opinion fine, but if the Pie player sycophants have their way we shall have messrs Blair, Toovey, White and new recruits Taylor Hunt, Schoenmakers and Jeremy Laidler in our starting squad in 2018!

Well put.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Hiss wrote:
They locked my other post about the positives from today. But I saw the future of our mighty Club today. And I am very excited. Darcy Moore should be our Captain in 2017 and we will win the flag. Lets not kid ourselves, today was not good, but it was all worth it to see this kid perform like he did. Love what we have here and will be looking forward to more from Moore.

Bingo. Forget the loss. The future is Moore. And more you shall get. Stop winging about Bucks and the season 2015. Its over. Lets now play the roll of finals wreckers for all those scum above us that think they can win the Flag. Give em hell.

Tall poppy syndrome is something I think is uniquely Aussie. We do it better than anyone else. So lets live up to our national sport reputation and train wreck these Clubs above us as they hope to keep winning. Ninethmond we should aim for first.

Good on you Hiss. It's nice to see you back on board after last week. No one likes to see us lose five in a row, but that's life. Shit happens. So let's move on to next week and the remainder of the season. We have a third of our list injured or not available and we still won our VFL game today. McCartin played today at the MCG and kicked one for StKilda, which was four less than Moore kicked. De Goey is playing out of the middle in his first year and everything he does is class only he doesn't do enough of it, but that will come with more experience. Maynard is another who shouldn't be out there but for injuries. That's three first year players out there today who are going to end up 200 game players for Collingwood and form part of our next premiership team. We were never going to win the 2015 premiership. It's all about setting ourselves up for a run at the next flag and wins are important, but not the be all and end all.

My pleasure. The Pies VFL is very exciting. Big hope here for many senior players. I am just so happy we have found a home grown superstar in Darcy Moore. I watched his father play at Victoria Park and was there camping out for GF tickets the night he won the Chas.B. Brought a tear to my rum fuelled eyes that night along with others. We need to build a side around players like him for the 2017 flag. Hawthorn are pretenders and I agree with Carey that Mitchell wouldn't get a game in any other side cos he is too slow.

taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Can anyone tell me is the agreement to play home games at Etihad an ongoing on. I hate that place with a passion, this year we have played there. 3 times to lose all.

I would love to see it revoked if it is. Probably dreaming.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

[quote="Hiss"][quote="BucksIsFutureCoach"][quote="Hiss"]

My pleasure. The Pies VFL is very exciting. Big hope here for many senior players. I am just so happy we have found a home grown superstar in Darcy Moore. I watched his father play at Victoria Park and was there camping out for GF tickets the night he won the Chas.B. Brought a tear to my rum fuelled eyes that night along with others. We need to build a side around players like him for the 2017 flag. Hawthorn are pretenders and I agree with Carey that Mitchell wouldn't get a game in any other side cos he is too slow.[/quote]

I too remember that night in 1979 when Peter Moore won his first Charlie, and then trying to get some sleep under the Sherrin stand. Those were the days.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:15 pm

taff wa wrote:
Can anyone tell me is the agreement to play home games at Etihad an ongoing on. I hate that place with a passion, this year we have played there. 3 times to lose all.

I would love to see it revoked if it is. Probably dreaming.

I would love to see it torched down. Probably dreaming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: