Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My Thoughts:

Our Ball Movement was So Slow and They we kicked it to a Dogs Player

Brown is a Great Defender but should never ever kick the Ball

Moore showed what is in his Future

Grundy did a very good job

Witts did next to nothing

Finals are almost Impossible to make now

De Goey is getting better

Oxley is like Seedsman. Soft as Butter and No Good

Kennedy is not a AFL Player

Maynard had good and bad Moments

Need to Freshen up Side a bit

Simple our Kicking and Descion Making is not good enough

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Flashman wrote:
We flattered to deceive in the first half year against assorted garbage and the flotsam and jetsam of the AFL.

When the whips have really started cracking against decent opposition we've shown ourselves to be pretenders and nothing else.

How many excuses are we expected to swallow "Oh we don't play Ethihad well" "Cloke and Elliott were injured" "We tried hard" "The umps were against us" blah blah blah...

The facts are for the second consecutive year we've gone from certain finalists and potential top 4 to a bag of shit in a matter of weeks.

Supposedly the trevails of last year were supposed to hold us in stead this year instead we're delivering largely the same crap (woeful skills by foot, lax defensive midfield and a non functioning forward line). We've learnt nothing but the gullible back slapper are appeased that the blowouts from last year have turned into honourable losses. As far as I'm concerned they are the same bag of crap and a loss is a loss.

There was a very promising, exciting and well drilled and coached side out there today and they weren't called Collingwood.

So, five goals kicked by Moore on an old bastard like boyd does not rate with you, or the fact that was dogs best team, yes, and put elliott in and cloke, drop jesse, and wed have won. AND close losses to the piss and poop, and dockers also dont rate with you, bloody hell, the dawks are smashing everyone around, but us, compared to last years thrasings by dockers and dawks, we are miles ahead of where we were. Catch the news, we are a young and developing team, we arent up there with the big boys yet, yes its disappointing too lose, but to say we havent advancde from last season is utter tripe, a bit of luck and we could have won three out of the last five. Unreal, you "perceptive fellow" just love a loss dont you, you simply cannot see its a long term thing, no doubt you will be right back on board after next week, when we should have a good win. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Since when are the Bulldogs considered the "big boys"?

Theoretically they should be behind us developmentally (purged a lot of experience and are lacking experience and their best mid is not playing) yet they are lapping us and unlike us they have managed to beat a top 8 side.

I just don't swallow the "she'll be right, we'll come good" line that you amongst many others are peddling. I see a lot of other teams looking to do likewise and looking like they are doing a better job of it and I don't think it is just going to automatically happen like you seem to think it will.

We've improved is some areas but in others we haven't improved at all.

Buckley is in his 4th year and if we don't get to 11 wins then we've gone backwards again under his watch and our draw last year was tougher than this years is and our injury list this year is better.

If you reckon still getting beaten but by less is some form of achievement then good luck to you. I don't put much stock in losses.

By the way I've never been lumped in with the "perceptive fellow" but was called a sunshine and "perceptive fellow" last year. Maybe I've got a split personality (neither of which are very likable) Wink

Last edited by Flashman on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Where have all the happy sacks gone?
They love to bash the realists on here after
every win or honourable loss.
Your silence is deafening!!!!

Dickhead of the week award, most of us posted, moron. Confused Confused Confused Confused

Was just thinking the same......obviously couldn't see it given the bulk of us are dissapointed at present.

Some just manage to keep a better perspective I guess.

The post was a response to the constant put downs, personal abuse and ridicule that the realists get week after week after week.
I have seen you join in on many occasions, but hey don't let your record get
in the way of your superior judgement.
Of course being called a dickhead a moran with you agreeing enthusiastically just shows you what a double standard poster you are!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:55 pm

^To be perfectly honest, i think its all part of the roller coaster ride of following a young and developing team, learning the caper. It all takes time and patience, but im rapt we have really pushed top teams like the dockers, piss and poop, and have been very competitive in nearly every game so far, that was not the csse last season, when the big boys smashed us. Moore is a ripper, put him and cloke and reid on the same line, and bring it on, plus elliott and taylor young buzzing around too. Im very positive for the future, yes, we will have our ups and downs, and we must work on our field kicking ad goal kicking, but it takes time, and patience.

This post was in reply to flashmans above post. sorry.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Flashman wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Flashman wrote:
We flattered to deceive in the first half year against assorted garbage and the flotsam and jetsam of the AFL.

When the whips have really started cracking against decent opposition we've shown ourselves to be pretenders and nothing else.

How many excuses are we expected to swallow "Oh we don't play Ethihad well" "Cloke and Elliott were injured" "We tried hard" "The umps were against us" blah blah blah...

The facts are for the second consecutive year we've gone from certain finalists and potential top 4 to a bag of shit in a matter of weeks.

Supposedly the trevails of last year were supposed to hold us in stead this year instead we're delivering largely the same crap (woeful skills by foot, lax defensive midfield and a non functioning forward line). We've learnt nothing but the gullible back slapper are appeased that the blowouts from last year have turned into honourable losses. As far as I'm concerned they are the same bag of crap and a loss is a loss.

There was a very promising, exciting and well drilled and coached side out there today and they weren't called Collingwood.

So, five goals kicked by Moore on an old bastard like boyd does not rate with you, or the fact that was dogs best team, yes, and put elliott in and cloke, drop jesse, and wed have won. AND close losses to the piss and poop, and dockers also dont rate with you, bloody hell, the dawks are smashing everyone around, but us, compared to last years thrasings by dockers and dawks, we are miles ahead of where we were. Catch the news, we are a young and developing team, we arent up there with the big boys yet, yes its disappointing too lose, but to say we havent advancde from last season is utter tripe, a bit of luck and we could have won three out of the last five. Unreal, you "perceptive fellow" just love a loss dont you, you simply cannot see its a long term thing, no doubt you will be right back on board after next week, when we should have a good win. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Theoretically they should be behind us developmentally (purged a lot of experience and are lacking experience and their best mid is not playing) yet they are lapping us and unlike us they have managed to beat a top 8 side.

I just don't swallow the "she'll be right, we'll come good" line that you amongst many others are peddling. I see a lot of other teams looking to do likewise and looking like they are doing a better job of it and I don't think it is just going to automatically happen like you seem to think it will.

Buckley is in his 4th year and if we don't get to 11 wins then we've gone backwards again under his watch and our draw last year was tougher than this years is and our injury list this year is better.

If you reckon still getting beaten but by less is some form of achievement then good luck to you. I don't put much stock in losses.

By the way I've never been lumped in with the "perceptive fellow" but was called a sunshine and "perceptive fellow" last year. Maybe I've got a split personality (neither of which are very likable) Wink

Had we had taylor adams in, and elliott today, and won, as we would have, i guess your split personality would be happy again. right . Look im no rapt about losing either, but do you really think welfares backs could have held a forward line of moore, reid, cloke and elliott, Question Welfare had its best team on the park out there, on the etihad shithole, its pissing ground, and i actually tipped them pre game, by fourteen points too. TO actully push sides like dockers and dawks to the line, is a vast improvement on last season, its a pity more around here dont have patience and faith, young teams **** up sometimes, thats life, it takes time. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:07 pm

thompsoc wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Dickhead of the week award, most of us posted, moron. Confused Confused Confused Confused

Was just thinking the same......obviously couldn't see it given the bulk of us are dissapointed at present.

The post was a response to the constant put downs, personal abuse and ridicule that the realists get week after week after week.
Of course being called a dickhead a moran .......

They're dead aren't they?

Although the matriarch might be coming to get you after calling her a dickead

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Flashman wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Flashman wrote:

I think there's definitely an argument we've wasted the last two years

I know where the, ahem, lollipop brigade are coming from - I wish I shared your optimism, but I just see the same failure as 2014.

But the Dogs have taken a new coach, and a very young side, and are now well structured, use good foot skills and know with predictable results where to run to.

The Eagles learn how to play in Adam Simpsons second year, and work their butts off to play modern footy.

Even The Milnes are up and coming and that's before the Giants are considered. I don't buy this magical "2017! It's all about the ride! Milne off to 9nthmond!" - we've had two huge opportunities to play finals with 8-3 starts, and we have let them slip. We've lacked composure, we've been coached poorly against the Hawthorn style of play (adopted by the dogs) consistently and our football smarts is as poor as can possibly be. Last years flame out had games that were avoidable losses (Gold Coast/Dogs) with better decision making and composure. And here we are again, just with a a different cast (Jesse White as Quinten Lynch, Ben Kennedy as Clinton Young) - I don't see any progress when the season is taken as a whole at all. We've stayed exactly the same.

Sometimes it is about the now, and we've blown our season again, and that's not some airy fairy standard, that's the standard the club set this year. If we aren't allowed to be BITTERLY disappointed at that...

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Had we had taylor adams in, and elliott today, and won, as we would have, i guess your split personality would be happy again. right . Look im no rapt about losing either, but do you really think welfares backs could have held a forward line of moore, reid, cloke and elliott, Question Welfare had its best team on the park out there, on the etihad shithole, its pissing ground, and i actually tipped them pre game, by fourteen points too. TO actully push sides like dockers and dawks to the line, is a vast improvement on last season, its a pity more around here dont have patience and faith, young teams **** up sometimes, thats life, it takes time. Cool

Ever heard of Liberatore, Minson and Roughead?

Your comments are ridiculous, as usual.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:27 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Flashman wrote:

I think there's definitely an argument we've wasted the last two years

I know where the, ahem, lollipop brigade are coming from - I wish I shared your optimism, but I just see the same failure as 2014.

But the Dogs have taken a new coach, and a very young side, and are now well structured, use good foot skills and know with predictable results where to run to.

The Eagles learn how to play in Adam Simpsons second year, and work their butts off to play modern footy.

Even The Milnes are up and coming and that's before the Giants are considered. I don't buy this magical "2017! It's all about the ride! Milne off to 9nthmond!" - we've had two huge opportunities to play finals with 8-3 starts, and we have let them slip. We've lacked composure, we've been coached poorly against the Hawthorn style of play (adopted by the dogs) consistently and our football smarts is as poor as can possibly be. Last years flame out had games that were avoidable losses (Gold Coast/Dogs) with better decision making and composure. And here we are again, just with a a different cast (Jesse White as Quinten Lynch, Ben Kennedy as Clinton Young) - I don't see any progress when the season is taken as a whole at all. We've stayed exactly the same.

Sometimes it is about the now, and we've blown our season again, and that's not some airy fairy standard, that's the standard the club set this year. If we aren't allowed to be BITTERLY disappointed at that...
This is how I see it.

I wasn't optimistic pre season but being 8-3 with a healthy list I expected us to continue on to at least make finals but that doesn't look like happening and that is bitterly disappointing.

We all want success and for Bucks to be the man to lead us to that success but there comes a time when realities have to be faced and our second half of the year is yet another flop and todays game was yet another litmus test failed.

Collingwood used to be able to win crunch games (accepting GF's) but under Buckleys tenure we seem to be losing them with depressing regularity.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:28 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
They locked my other post about the positives from today. But I saw the future of our mighty Club today. And I am very excited. Darcy Moore should be our Captain in 2017 and we will win the flag. Lets not kid ourselves, today was not good, but it was all worth it to see this kid perform like he did. Love what we have here and will be looking forward to more from Moore.

Bingo. Forget the loss. The future is Moore. And more you shall get. Stop winging about Bucks and the season 2015. Its over. Lets now play the roll of finals wreckers for all those scum above us that think they can win the Flag. Give em hell.

Tall poppy syndrome is something I think is uniquely Aussie. We do it better than anyone else. So lets live up to our national sport reputation and train wreck these Clubs above us as they hope to keep winning. Ninethmond we should aim for first.

Good on you Hiss. It's nice to see you back on board after last week. No one likes to see us lose five in a row, but that's life. Shit happens. So let's move on to next week and the remainder of the season. We have a third of our list injured or not available and we still won our VFL game today. McCartin played today at the MCG and kicked one for StKilda, which was four less than Moore kicked. De Goey is playing out of the middle in his first year and everything he does is class only he doesn't do enough of it, but that will come with more experience. Maynard is another who shouldn't be out there but for injuries. That's three first year players out there today who are going to end up 200 game players for Collingwood and form part of our next premiership team. We were never going to win the 2015 premiership. It's all about setting ourselves up for a run at the next flag and wins are important, but not the be all and end all.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:41 pm

thompsoc wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Of course being called a dickhead a moran with you agreeing enthusiastically just shows you what a double standard poster you are!

Reasoned opinions should be encouraged on the site and not feel like the "prosecution" for the state is in court!! If the defendants have a reasoned opinion fine, but if the Pie player sycophants have their way we shall have messrs Blair, Toovey, White and new recruits Taylor Hunt, Schoenmakers and Jeremy Laidler in our starting squad in 2018!

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:44 pm

God i hate bob murphy !

www.facebook/the hybernators
swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Then where does that leave us?

I think Collingwood is more likely to advance further than the Welfare (given their list deficiencies) and that the 'Pies will be seriously competing within 2 seasons. Our team is still in transition (there are still quite a few personnel changes to be implemented, in my view) and a number of the players introduced to the team will improve dramatically over the next 30 games.

Collingwood has only just completed the major part of its list overhaul - it has been miserable living through it because we probably all thought the 2010 team would achieve more than it did and we have lost quite a few fan favourites along the way. Nevertheless, today's team (which had about a dozen personnel changes from the corresponding much last year) is still a long way from the one Collingwood will field in 12 to 18 months from now.

Also, without wanting to make light of a miserable afternoon, I don't think that anything much that happens at Docklands translates into real-football experience on a proper ground. I didn't like to see Collingwood lose today but expected they would - and I am equally confident that they would beat the Welfare comfortably at the MCG, where the absence of proper KPPs actually matters.

Ah thanks for the sanity....good post Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:52 pm

I think what we witnessed today is what happens when you suffer all these "honourable" losses.

The players haven't got a reward for all the effort so there must come a point perhaps where confidence and desire levels just drop off a touch.

We seemed more reluctant to take the game on through the middle today also and suffered for it.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:53 pm

swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
Kennedy used to be able to kick more than 35 m What has happened OP?
Who to drop? Guess it depends on injuries and form in the VFL

Oxley when you shit yourself because Bob Murphy is coming up behind is just sad.

I think the trouble with Kennedy and his kicking is a timing issue.

I noticed it in his first season and was hoping it would improve but it hasn't.

Largely has at VFL level and I think it's more a confidence thing at senior level. Happy for him to get more time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: