Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dogs. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Round 3 2010, anyone?

I believe that was the awful debacle against the Saints when we didn’t kick a goal in the second half and Mick had his dust-up with Milne... I don't get the point? That was round three, this is round 17 and we've just f**ked the season.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
I haven't seen Taylor Adams not make the distance from 35 metres two weeks running like Ben Ken has, and unlike Kennedy Adams actually can find the ball.

So he cant kick 35???
Genuine??
Give me a f@ken break...i know he can and you know he can...

I've seen adams kick it worse. I believed it was a head issue with him ....i believe the same about kennedy.....

Ragging on our sub 50 gamers because our more seasoned campaigners are nowhere near up to it shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge of our game...the one thing most young footballers lack is composure .....

He gets time he'll get enough of it...lots of crow will be eaten round here.

I'm going by what I saw today and last week and Kennedy twice didn't make the distance from well inside 50. You say he can kick the distance then lets see him do it in a fukken competitive situation when we need it like he hasn't done thus far.

Taylor Adams has just played the 50 games yet you seem to relish ragging on him yet his disposal is improving and his competitiveness and contesting is second to none at our club. Ben Kennedy could do worse than look closely at how Adams goes about it if he wants to become more than a fringe player.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Round 3 2010, anyone?

Jolly, Ball, Johnston, Didak, Thomas etc all in there prime anyone?

That was actually my point. Even on the cusp of the premiership, our team that day still only managed to kick 4 goals in a game at Etihad.

Ah, yes, very true. We did kick a lot of points though - probably should have won.

I think we actually worked them out that night.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

They locked my other post about the positives from today. But I saw the future of our mighty Club today. And I am very excited. Darcy Moore should be our Captain in 2017 and we will win the flag. Lets not kid ourselves, today was not good, but it was all worth it to see this kid perform like he did. Love what we have here and will be looking forward to more from Moore.

Bingo. Forget the loss. The future is Moore. And more you shall get. Stop winging about Bucks and the season 2015. Its over. Lets now play the roll of finals wreckers for all those scum above us that think they can win the Flag. Give em hell.

Tall poppy syndrome is something I think is uniquely Aussie. We do it better than anyone else. So lets live up to our national sport reputation and train wreck these Clubs above us as they hope to keep winning. Ninethmond we should aim for first.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:37 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Woods wrote:
Was good to see Moore kick a bag. But I fear the decision made by the coaching staff during the bye to blood Moore in the seniors has cost our season (ie. playing finals). Because Moore did nothing until today.

It has been a high price, an investment in the future, but I would never had bet my whole pile on one player.

How can a player be blooded in the byes??

You're either pissed, on the bong, or don't understand plain English.
inxs88 

Greening gold wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I knew we would lose.We just can't play at Etihad,it's too fast there for our slow,plodding team.When you add the fact that we had our weakest team of the year today,then something like this was always going to happen.

A few players clearly got shown up today,Kennedy and Oxley in particular.Both are clearly not up to A.F.L standard.

Has Oxley been tried up forward? I'd reckon that might be worth trying.

agreed better judgement than Jessica!

Mugwump 

Pies4shaw wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Round 3 2010, anyone?

Jolly, Ball, Johnston, Didak, Thomas etc all in there prime anyone?

That was actually my point. Even on the cusp of the premiership, our team that day still only managed to kick 4 goals in a game at Etihad.

Oh now you're just being silly - what good has being reasonable ever done anyone ?
Wink

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Where have all the happy sacks gone?
They love to bash the realists on here after
every win or honourable loss.
Your silence is deafening!!!!

Dickhead of the week award, most of us posted, moron. Confused Confused Confused Confused

Gee, wasn't it you who got the wanker of the year cup!
But lets not go down the abuse path.
It is so predictable by posters like you.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:39 pm

swoop42 wrote:
So we went into the game with both rucks, dropped Seedsman yet were seemingly content to allow this to be an open and fast game of football.

Talk about playing into the dogs hands.

They ate that up and smashed us for possession, had 12 more inside 50's and even beat us at the contested ball.

Awful performance from the players and coaches alike and we were lucky it wasn't a 7 goal loss.

we have actually lost 8 and won 3 with the 2 ruck arrangement. Simple Nathan, pick Grundy only!

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Flashman wrote:
Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
I haven't seen Taylor Adams not make the distance from 35 metres two weeks running like Ben Ken has, and unlike Kennedy Adams actually can find the ball.

So he cant kick 35???
Genuine??
Give me a f@ken break...i know he can and you know he can...

I've seen adams kick it worse. I believed it was a head issue with him ....i believe the same about kennedy.....

Ragging on our sub 50 gamers because our more seasoned campaigners are nowhere near up to it shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge of our game...the one thing most young footballers lack is composure .....

He gets time he'll get enough of it...lots of crow will be eaten round here.

I'm going by what I saw today and last week and Kennedy twice didn't make the distance from well inside 50. You say he can kick the distance then lets see him do it in a fukken competitive situation when we need it like he hasn't done thus far.

Taylor Adams has just played the 50 games yet you seem to relish ragging on him yet his disposal is improving and his competitiveness and contesting is second to none at our club. Ben Kennedy could do worse than look closely at how Adams goes about it if he wants to become more than a fringe player.

No ragging on adams here his disposal was disturbingly bad... it has improved out of sight compared to what it was.....as kennedys will...seen benken do things in the twos that there is no reason he will not transfer to senior football once he settles there.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:42 pm

inxs88 wrote:
[quote="swoop42"]So we went into the game with both rucks, dropped Seedsman yet were seemingly content to allow this to be an open and fast game of football.

Talk about playing into the dogs hands.

They ate that up and smashed us for possession, had 12 more inside 50's and even beat us at the contested ball.

Awful performance from the players and coaches alike and we were lucky it wasn't a 7 goal loss.[/quote]

we have actually lost 8 and won 3 with the 2 ruck arrangement. Simple Nathan, pick Grundy only!
Sure, playing into the dogs hands sounds like a good topic.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Flashman wrote:
We flattered to deceive in the first half year against assorted garbage and the flotsam and jetsam of the AFL.

When the whips have really started cracking against decent opposition we've shown ourselves to be pretenders and nothing else.

How many excuses are we expected to swallow "Oh we don't play Ethihad well" "Cloke and Elliott were injured" "We tried hard" "The umps were against us" blah blah blah...

The facts are for the second consecutive year we've gone from certain finalists and potential top 4 to a bag of shit in a matter of weeks.

Supposedly the trevails of last year were supposed to hold us in stead this year instead we're delivering largely the same crap (woeful skills by foot, lax defensive midfield and a non functioning forward line). We've learnt nothing but the gullible back slapper are appeased that the blowouts from last year have turned into honourable losses. As far as I'm concerned they are the same bag of crap and a loss is a loss.

There was a very promising, exciting and well drilled and coached side out there today and they weren't called Collingwood.

So, five goals kicked by Moore on an old bastard like boyd does not rate with you, or the fact that was dogs best team, yes, and put elliott in and cloke, drop jesse, and wed have won. AND close losses to the piss and poop, and dockers also dont rate with you, bloody hell, the dawks are smashing everyone around, but us, compared to last years thrasings by dockers and dawks, we are miles ahead of where we were. Catch the news, we are a young and developing team, we arent up there with the big boys yet, yes its disappointing too lose, but to say we havent advancde from last season is utter tripe, a bit of luck and we could have won three out of the last five. Unreal, you "perceptive fellow" just love a loss dont you, you simply cannot see its a long term thing, no doubt you will be right back on board after next week, when we should have a good win. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Well said, PnC. I think we've probably both been followign the Pies for logn enough to know that Premiership winnign teams are not created overnight by a bunch of "perceptive fellow" who demand wins at every round, or sack the coach, burn the forward line, etc. Two year-old tantrums are what made Carlton the force they are today. Hold the faith. It will come, we've been here before. Moore, Cloke, Reid Elliott in a forward line, with Adams and Greenwood and DeGoey and Crisp and Swan in the mids. It'll come. This is part fo the process.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:43 pm

I didn’t start this thread with the idea that the future is bleak, we saw a part of the future today and its as bright as hell as far as players are concerned.

How this turned into a player-bashing thread is beyond me, its supposed to be about the fuc**ng !KICKING!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 pm

35forever wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Round 3 2010, anyone?

I believe that was the awful debacle against the Saints when we didn’t kick a goal in the second half and Mick had his dust-up with Milne... I don't get the point? That was round three, this is round 17 and we've just f**ked the season.

I think he means other Pies teams from the past have not played well at the etihad shithole either, we just dont seem too win there often. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Howdy all I needed to calm down a bit before starting this rant today.
Firstly I have been very supportive of this group and looking forward to there future development.
After today I've got concerns and big concerns.
Momentum wow can we give it up so easily and can't we do nothing with it when we have it.
Watch every game the past few weeks and we have had momentum and mostly done not much with it. When we do get on a bit of a roll we give it up quickly with very poor disposals.
Highlight point in case just before half time BK has a shot 30 out directly in front and misses. We goal and we are up 55/54 at half time. Given we had dominated the second quarter that would have been great. They went coast to coast without us touching it and goal and we're done by basically 2 goals half time.
BK today was responsible for 5 turnovers that led to goals. I had been supporting this kid but today he showed he isn't AFL standard.
Today we played a team ranked 15th for marks inside there attacking 50 ave 11.4 per game and we gave up 13 before half time and 8 were uncontested !!
Seriously how can that happen. Yes you can get caught out once or twice someone getting over the back and a quick rebound catches you but today was a simple case of players not playing on there opponent.
At 8-3 we took the game on up middle more often than not. Today and the past few weeks we have resorted to the old MM way of boundary hugging. I watched on numerous players (Tooves, Sidey, Brown, Williams, Swan) take the ball from in or around the corridor and kick sideways or worse backwards and side ways instead of looking central.
Toovey last 5 weeks have been appalling for a guy of his experience. Teams know they can run off him and he won't impact you as his skills are next to nonexistent.
Sidey frustrates the heck out of me. When he plays on and backs his skil we look so much better when he stops and looks around he is first thing is side ways or backwards. Sidey take the game on I would rather do that and loss than watch us play this shite football.
Our skills by both hand and foot and terrible. As a team we blow seriously bad.how can AFL standard players miss a hand ball to a open team mate 3-5 meters away by 2 meters ? How can AFL standard players kick to the advantage of opponents when under no pressure ?
I could name at least 30+ occasions when this happened and by players of experience and limited experience.
Just a heads up folks if our skipper is out for any length of time we could get a result similar to the scums v Hawks Friday night.
Ok I've got that off my chest
A few questions to be asked by the coaching staff
1- We played very good football up until today pushing highly ranked teams recently. Yes we had some heart breaking close losses but there was light there. So question is what confidence did those performances give us ?
2- We don't have a plan B. Today when they started there forwards at t back of the centre square we looked lost in what to do. How does man on man around the ground sound ?
Our spare man back suddenly had 2 or more mates and no one thought to go to an opponent time and again. Give some one of murphy's skill that sort of freedom and bad things happen.
3- When does total ground pressure become your weakness ? Today again we had players rushing to contests 2 & 3 players at times leaving there opponents but not impacting the contest and next it over the back and there away and gone.
Ok positives
Welcome to the AFL Darcy Moore. Yeah he kicked 5 goals straight some thing of a miracle in magpie colours but I was more impressed by the way he kept presenting and impacting contests. Would have loved someone to be at his feet several times today.
Jordan DeGoey take a bow son you my lad are going to be a champion.
Sidey yes Sidey I know I'm harsh on the guy but wow he has vision very few have. Just wish he would back himself more often than stopping and propping.
Pendles please play until your 58. You are a inspiration.
Looking forward we can mathematically make the finals. Will we ? Who knows.
We can win every game we have left on our performances prior to today.
I wouldn't be concerned with any opponent other than Richmond with what we have left.
Bucks needs to make some stern decisions on a few players now for the future.
Will Toovey play in our next premiership 22 ?
Will Blair be part of our best 22 going forward ?
Will BK show the form he shows in the VFL in the AFL ?
Will White ever stop teasing and be a consistent performer ?
Many many questions that need to be answered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: