Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reclaim Australia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I can forgive a bit of argy bargy when emotions get heated, what i can't forgive is kicking people on the ground. When I was growing up if you got into a fight everyone would back off and you'd fight 1 0n 1. If someone went down, the other person would back off until you got up again or stayed down.

Now you have two people grappling and an audience standing back waiting for someone to hit the ground so they can run in and start kicking. Weak cnuts.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:02 am

You see it so much now though, "attacked by a group of men" wow so tough!

I also agree with David though, protests have become just another excuse to hit someone and get away with it. If they really believed in their cause, they would want to get their point across in a peaceful way that would win support for their cause. I'd say the majority do that, just like everything else, it's spoilt by a few twerps.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:53 pm

There were only about 50 or so from Reclaim Austraya. So why give them oxygen?

While there are too many stupid people who say things like "I don't want Sharia law in Australia" as though this is going to occur, is imminent & Australia is about to be overtaken by Muslim hordes, the anti-dote to such profound ignorance is not to have violent opposing counter demonstrations.

The anti dote is clear communications & unequivocal leadership through government & the opposition joining together to "lead" not exploit fear for base political motivations . Unfortunately Howard & Abbott both require a machiavelli-ectomy before this would be seen as a desirable action.

Reclaim Austraya is largely ignorance based on irrational fear.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Given that that's not going to happen, would you say that it's a tactical mistake to turn up and publicly oppose these protests?

The trouble is that, if you do, there'll be an inevitable minority of troublemakers coming along who will make the cause look bad. If you don't, the other side marches unopposed and gets to say that they're standing up for the silent majority.

I think Reclaim does need to be opposed, but I'm not sure what is the most effective means of doing so. Certainly, screaming and brawling is never an edifying sight.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:38 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, and the views on the news of protesters throwing other protesters to the ground then a bunch of weak cnuts all piling in to kick someone on the ground................if those pr1cks can be identified they should be charged same as the 1 punch cokheads are charged.

I suspect a certain number of people go to these events hoping for a bit of biffo. The book ought to be thrown in their general direction.

Bible or Koran? which would hurt more?
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
One thing I heard today about the protestors (both sides) I thought was very apt. These people are protesting and trying to make a statement and win popular support for their cause. Quite often the actions of (at least) some of the protestors do far more damage to the cause than the overall protest created positives.

That's a lesson that many of the rent-a-protestor crowd fail to understand.

stui magpie wrote:
I can forgive a bit of argy bargy when emotions get heated, what i can't forgive is kicking people on the ground. When I was growing up if you got into a fight everyone would back off and you'd fight 1 0n 1. If someone went down, the other person would back off until you got up again or stayed down.

Now you have two people grappling and an audience standing back waiting for someone to hit the ground so they can run in and start kicking. Weak cnuts.

And Stui wins the Internet today right there.
(I can't believe I just lowered myself and used that term!! Laughing Laughing )

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:57 pm

5150 wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Yep, and the views on the news of protesters throwing other protesters to the ground then a bunch of weak cnuts all piling in to kick someone on the ground................if those pr1cks can be identified they should be charged same as the 1 punch cokheads are charged.

I suspect a certain number of people go to these events hoping for a bit of biffo. The book ought to be thrown in their general direction.

Bible or Koran? which would hurt more?

I was thinking more War and Peace, hardback edition.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:00 pm

I don't think I have read ought to be thrown in their general direction .
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:

I think those people who did that.

That is the only reason they went is to Bash People Up

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Now I do.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:

While there are too many stupid people who say things like "I don't want Sharia law in Australia" as though this is going to occur, is imminent & Australia is about to be overtaken by Muslim hordes, the anti-dote to such profound ignorance is not to have violent opposing counter demonstrations.

Bingo.

No counter presentation, only a few dickheads go for their march, much less media coverage, no discussion on radio the next day about it, nothing. They sink in a a sea of apathy and lack of attention.

Now just need to get the noodle nut attention seekers who organised the counter protest to see sense.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:16 pm

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/john-safran-reports-from-the-reclaim-australia-rally-where-things-were-even-scarier-than-he-expected/story-fnu2q5nu-1227451292484

The headline is shit, but the article is pretty good; John Safran at the Reclaim rally.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Bingo.

No counter presentation, only a few dickheads go for their march, much less media coverage, no discussion on radio the next day about it, nothing. They sink in a a sea of apathy and lack of attention.

Now just need to get the noodle nut attention seekers who organised the counter protest to see sense.

Or else they gain confidence from the lack of opposition and, rather than looking like idiots fighting with idiots, they increase their credibility and numbers.

I'm not saying I know what the answer is, but I think you could argue each case plausibly.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:15 pm

You could argue each case. I tend to favour the argument that by opposing them they get so much more media attention which is more likely to generate sympathy and followers, so the counter protest is counter productive.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Wokko wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/john-safran-reports-from-the-reclaim-australia-rally-where-things-were-even-scarier-than-he-expected/story-fnu2q5nu-1227451292484

The headline is shit, but the article is pretty good; John Safran at the Reclaim rally.

Thanks for posting that, Wokko, great stuff. John Safran is always good value (I think he did a good piece on the rallies last time, too).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: