Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down again - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article on Crisp and Gaff. Although I note the journo said Sidey got 32 possessions yesterday when he got 37: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-18/player-focus-collingwood-v-west-coast-andrew-gaff-jack-crisp
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:14 am

Varcoe was unreal, he would be near the top of the Copeland in my opinion, along with the usual suspect

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:39 am

mackasmatt wrote:
How hard is it for people to see that we had an easy draw pre-bye and had hard teams post-bye?

take a look at the eagles' fixture. it has been equally as soft.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:43 am

Cam wrote:
Cmon..

two kicks killed us

Swan's miss on 3 Q siren
Witts miss from free

kick those and perhaps different momentum, different result

Don't forget Sidebum from point blank hitting the post!

Same 2014 shite, different season, next.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:00 am

I reckon the biggest positive of the year is the recruiting of crisp and Varcoe in particular Varcoe i didnt think he would have been that good. We missed Cloke big time. Its time we go after a tall foward White cant cut it
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:27 am

We need to get Charlie Dixon big time.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:39 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
We need to get Charlie Dixon big time.
That's the big fish we need to land.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:00 am

I was listening to a detailed radio discussion about him yesterday - apparently, his management is seeking $750,000 to $800,000 on a 5-year contract (that is, imo, way over the odds). That's a lot of money for a key forward who has been at it for 5 seasons, not played more than 14 games in a year and apparently has some interesting alcohol issues.

To put that in context, Jarryd Blair has played 104 games in the same time (I'm excluding the 12 he played in the second half of 2010) and even Ben Reid has played 70 in the same time (without getting on the senior field at all this season and barely doing so last year). Dixon's aren't the sort of games-played stats you build a forward line around.

I'm not excluding the possibility - but you have to be very concerned about the risk.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:02 pm

jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I understand we need to provide rebound from defence but surely playing Seedsman on a wing would be better or even as a high half forward.

Seedsman like Lonie before him isn't strong defensively but has other weapons so I'd rather we just allow him to play with more freedom than trying to mould him into a player he's likely to never become.

Pretty sure Seed played on the wing at times tonight. Reality is no matter where he plays there will be times during a game when he'll experience a physical contest. Needs to learn to expect and absorb contact and either battle for a draw or get it off to another player. Actually thought Seed was unlucky to concede the free in the last. We'd laid 70 odd tackles and there were lots where the ball just bubbled out (generally to a Weagles player) that didn't attract frees.

Seedsman apologist. Gee am sure Lance Armstrong might get a rationalised pass from you!

Did a fantastic job winning all those Tours on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike when I was on drugs.

And I fail to see how my post in any way apologises for Seed.

The fact that you're a proponent of him even being in the side (re wing/half forward) suggests your condoning that disgraceful display by him yesterday. As bad as the Matty Ryan days of 1988! No heart for body contact.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:05 pm

jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Toovey should be "court marshalled" for that late "slice kick" into the forward line that hit the Eagles defenders lace out and turned a Pies foray into an Eagles goal.

145 matches later and he is still masquerading as a footballer and a media darling!

Yeah, let's drop every player who stuffed a F50 entry. Reckon that might make for about 15 changes though.

Toovey apologist!

Doesn't need me apologizing for him. His will be one of the first magnets on the selectors white boards Thursday night.

And if he is and continues to be, it shall explain in the next 2 years why we don't progress as a kicking side and cough it up at vital times!

bkelly123 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:12 pm

The amount of times that both grundy and witts stood far above the pack in the goal square and then couldn't take the mark was ridiculous.... There is no point saying that we can have two in the side and rest 1 at ff if neither of them can actually take a grab. IMO, witts goes to the seconds, moore comes up and plays at ff. He won't necessarily have a big impact early, but his development is critical given our extremely shallow pool of kpp's to choose from....
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:29 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Kwah-LeBaire wrote:
Well, that was disappointing. All I'm waiting for now is the Hiss & The Rolling Heads show.

Ok so what's your solution ? Big keyboard hero with cheap shots from arse wipe city SA.

Remain calm, Hiss, and do nothing rash.
There is a plan and it is unfolding as it should, even if not as quickly as we'd like.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Jezza wrote:
... just enjoy the journey and progress that the club is currently overseeing.

Amen and amen.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:16 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I understand we need to provide rebound from defence but surely playing Seedsman on a wing would be better or even as a high half forward.

Seedsman like Lonie before him isn't strong defensively but has other weapons so I'd rather we just allow him to play with more freedom than trying to mould him into a player he's likely to never become.

Pretty sure Seed played on the wing at times tonight. Reality is no matter where he plays there will be times during a game when he'll experience a physical contest. Needs to learn to expect and absorb contact and either battle for a draw or get it off to another player. Actually thought Seed was unlucky to concede the free in the last. We'd laid 70 odd tackles and there were lots where the ball just bubbled out (generally to a Weagles player) that didn't attract frees.

Seedsman apologist. Gee am sure Lance Armstrong might get a rationalised pass from you!

Did a fantastic job winning all those Tours on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike when I was on drugs.

And I fail to see how my post in any way apologises for Seed.

The fact that you're a proponent of him even being in the side (re wing/half forward) suggests your condoning that disgraceful display by him yesterday. As bad as the Matty Ryan days of 1988! No heart for body contact.

Yet as recently as April you were loudly advocating the Seed on the HBF in our optimum team if we had no injuries. You've consistently included him in our best 22 right though the preseason. How does it feel to flip and flop on your opinions like a fish out of water?

If nothing else, I endeavour to remain true to my opinions and not change it routinely like you change your tampons.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:17 pm

John Wren wrote:
mackasmatt wrote:
How hard is it for people to see that we had an easy draw pre-bye and had hard teams post-bye?

take a look at the eagles' fixture. it has been equally as soft.

I actually thought they had a softer draw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: