Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down again - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

courtza wrote:
Is White better playing the chop out ruckman roll and anything he offers up forward is a bonus, like Leigh Brown.
Hes not to bad in the centre and it gets him in the game. He's certainly better up forward than Witts or Grundy.
Means dropping 1 of the ruckman. Maybe drop Grundy and see if you can turn him into a key forward.

I actually Think White is better as the 2nd Ruckman behind Grundy or Witts.

So you Drop Grundy to play FF in the VFL?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 am

jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Toovey should be "court marshalled" for that late "slice kick" into the forward line that hit the Eagles defenders lace out and turned a Pies foray into an Eagles goal.

145 matches later and he is still masquerading as a footballer and a media darling!

Yeah, let's drop every player who stuffed a F50 entry. Reckon that might make for about 15 changes though.

Toovey apologist!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:34 am

Don't like hearing that it's a calf or "old man" injury to Cloke.

He's been durable throughout his career but the club will have to be ultra cautious with him given what we have seen with Reid and Beams and his advancing age.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:34 am

thompsoc wrote:
Yes Rudeboy I have seen Marsh play.
And yes he is a poor kick.
Probably why he went so low in the draft
But Tooves is a shocking kick.
Tooves is going backwards at a fast pace.
We are getting nowhere with Tooves.
Try something else!
Marsh has the X factor - we all know this.

agree agree agree!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:38 am

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I understand we need to provide rebound from defence but surely playing Seedsman on a wing would be better or even as a high half forward.

Seedsman like Lonie before him isn't strong defensively but has other weapons so I'd rather we just allow him to play with more freedom than trying to mould him into a player he's likely to never become.

Pretty sure Seed played on the wing at times tonight. Reality is no matter where he plays there will be times during a game when he'll experience a physical contest. Needs to learn to expect and absorb contact and either battle for a draw or get it off to another player. Actually thought Seed was unlucky to concede the free in the last. We'd laid 70 odd tackles and there were lots where the ball just bubbled out (generally to a Weagles player) that didn't attract frees.

Seedsman apologist. Gee am sure Lance Armstrong might get a rationalised pass from you!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:46 am

Dave The Man wrote:
courtza wrote:
Is White better playing the chop out ruckman roll and anything he offers up forward is a bonus, like Leigh Brown.
Hes not to bad in the centre and it gets him in the game. He's certainly better up forward than Witts or Grundy.
Means dropping 1 of the ruckman. Maybe drop Grundy and see if you can turn him into a key forward.

I actually Think White is better as the 2nd Ruckman behind Grundy or Witts.

So you Drop Grundy to play FF in the VFL?

white is foocking disgrace

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:52 am

Mugwump wrote:
Bucks presser was as tense as i have seen him. He was clearly pretty unhappy about something. He ended it by saying "well that was uncomfortable". He also clearly took out a shot across the bows of Seedsman -"trying to prove he has it at this level". Ouch.

Agree that he looked tense, and very downcast at the beginning, when referring to Cloke's injury. Later in the interview, he made light of it when asked how the Pies would restructure with Cloke missing, and he replied: "One tall forward goes out, another one comes in" That's how you restructure". But I think his body language expressed the real challenges that the absence of Cloke's forward contested pressure will mean. Bucks will be tested big time by this. He needs to get inside the heads of our small forwards and demand that they step up.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:55 am

How hard is it for people to see that we had an easy draw pre-bye and had hard teams post-bye?
----------
------------
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 am

mackasmatt wrote:
How hard is it for people to see that we had an easy draw pre-bye and had hard teams post-bye?

But we ran most of the Hard Teams very Close and we could of Easily won the last 3 Games

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:03 am

A frustrating game to watch! I never felt like we were going to win despite being in touching distance of defeating the Eagles for most of the game. If it wasn't for wasted opportunities, the Eagles could have blown us away earlier in the match so a 31 point defeat isn't so bad even if it was only 10 to 15 points for most of the match before we stopped playing all together.

After Cloke was subbed off due to a calf injury our forward line structure was appalling. I was actually interested to see how we would cope without him and whether having an element of unpredictability may actually benefit us but none of our big guys could take a mark to save their lives but it's nothing new as the forward line has been a recurring problem for a while now. The likes of Fasolo and Blair have a go but you know you're in trouble when you're relying on them to score your goals. Jamie Elliott's absence was evident here despite his poor recent form.

While the negatives are more evident, there were some positives to take out of the game such as the defence, which was composed and held up reasonably well despite the constant Eagles inside 50s throughout the game with Frost, Brown and Langdon all competing well. The Eagles' ability to choke us in our defensive 50 and make it hard for us to get the ball out was reminiscent of the way we played in 2010 so it always going to be a tough game if the Eagles maintained that game plan for the whole game which they did successfully.

The effort was there but our skill execution is terrible and on a smaller and indoor stadium like Etihad this was going to be heavily exposed. The fact that we were playing at Etihad had me concerned as I feel we would have adjusted far better playing at the MCG to be honest.

We've lost four in a row now, albeit against good opponents and three sides who currently sit in the top 4 so I don't feel overly disheartened but we need to really win next week against the Bulldogs who are a similar side to us. They rely on heavy tackling pressure and constant running to win games as their skills are not up to scratch either. We're really neck and neck with them at the moment.

It's going to be an interesting week at the selection table with several players under scrutiny from that performance and whether the likes of Cloke and Elliott can play next week or not.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:14 am

PonsfordMagpie, post: 39698423, member: 148284 wrote:
A frustrating game to watch! I never felt like we were going to win despite being in touching distance of defeating the Eagles for most of the game. If it wasn't for wasted opportunities, the Eagles could have blown us away earlier in the match so a 31 point defeat isn't so bad even if it was only 10 to 15 points for most of the match before we stopped playing all together.

Felt the Same. Eagles never really blew us away thanks to Terrible Goal Kicking but I never felt we where playing well enough to win

Quote:
After Cloke was subbed off due to a calf injury our forward line structure was appalling. I was actually interested to see how we would cope without him and whether having an element of unpredictability may actually benefit us but none of our big guys could take a mark to save their lives but it's nothing new as the forward line has been a recurring problem for a while now. The likes of Fasolo and Blair have a go but you know you're in trouble when you're relying on them to score your goals. Jamie Elliott's absence was evident here despite his poor recent form.

No Cloke made the Problems with our Forward Line even Worse

Quote:
The effort was there but our skill execution is terrible and on a smaller and indoor stadium like Etihad this was going to be heavily exposed. The fact that we were playing at Etihad had me concerned as I feel we would have adjusted far better playing at the MCG to be honest

Agree we have too many Poor Kicks and Bad Descion Makers and does show up on Smaller Grounds

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:31 am

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Toovey should be "court marshalled" for that late "slice kick" into the forward line that hit the Eagles defenders lace out and turned a Pies foray into an Eagles goal.

145 matches later and he is still masquerading as a footballer and a media darling!

Yeah, let's drop every player who stuffed a F50 entry. Reckon that might make for about 15 changes though.

Toovey apologist!

Doesn't need me apologizing for him. His will be one of the first magnets on the selectors white boards Thursday night.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:34 am

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I understand we need to provide rebound from defence but surely playing Seedsman on a wing would be better or even as a high half forward.

Seedsman like Lonie before him isn't strong defensively but has other weapons so I'd rather we just allow him to play with more freedom than trying to mould him into a player he's likely to never become.

Pretty sure Seed played on the wing at times tonight. Reality is no matter where he plays there will be times during a game when he'll experience a physical contest. Needs to learn to expect and absorb contact and either battle for a draw or get it off to another player. Actually thought Seed was unlucky to concede the free in the last. We'd laid 70 odd tackles and there were lots where the ball just bubbled out (generally to a Weagles player) that didn't attract frees.

Seedsman apologist. Gee am sure Lance Armstrong might get a rationalised pass from you!

Did a fantastic job winning all those Tours on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike when I was on drugs.

And I fail to see how my post in any way apologises for Seed.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:43 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Can't do nothing with this team...

If you wanna see this years Premiership contender watch the SYD v HAW game.

That's how you win games & flags not the pretenders we have running around the park at the moment.

Are you for real?

Yes I agree that Hawthorn are the team to beat this year and are rightfully favourites to defend their premiership but to say we "can't do nothing with this team..." is absolute rubbish. We won't be contending for a premiership this year but who in their right mind seriously thought we would be contending with the heavyweights like the Hawks for example this year. There's a lot that can still be achieved this year in terms of the club striving for personal goals, the kids continuing to develop and blossom in the AFL system and hopefully with a bit of luck we can make some serious in-roads in the next few years but nothing is guaranteed in this competition however.

We're a young side in a development phase and compared to where we were twelve months ago I actually believe we're heading in the right direction and this is coming from someone who has criticised Bucks a few times and questioned whether the path we're heading towards will lead us to the ultimate success or not. I'm cautiously optimistic that our future is bright and we will see success in the near future especially after what I've seen overall this year but it's a work in progress and setbacks will occur along the way.

May I suggest that rather ridiculing the team at every turn and comparing them with a heavyweight like the Hawks who are at the top (but won't last of course) that you just enjoy the journey and progress that the club is currently overseeing. Being negative and unrealistic all the time makes your posts monotonous to read.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:01 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I figured before the game we'd probably get done by a few goals tonight, so all in all it wasn't a surprise. We've maintained enormous pressure for the past 3 weeks and kept it up for a lot of tonight's game, but we just couldn't sustain it, especially after losing Cloke.

Tonight highlighted our biggest problem - apart from Cloke, none of our big blokes can mark. Not Witts, Grundy or White. I hope we fast track Moore's development by playing him up forward. It's a shame Abbott is not eligible to play as he is a real beast and will be an important forward for us next year I think. Is it too much to hope that Reid will ever make it back into the side?

For those criticising Tooves and saying he should be replaced by Marsh, have any of you seen Marsh play? He's a terrible kick, worse than Toovey. I suggest we may have to turn to Karnezis and Scharenberg while we're without Cloke and Elliott. By golly we missed Adams tonight, though Greenwood did well for his first game.

I'm still not convinced we're well served playing both Witts and Grundy, given that neither of them take many marks around the ground.

Overall, I'm disappointed, but I've been tipping the Eagles to win the flag for since about round 6, so at least we weren't flogged.

Next week's game is now a must win. Not to make the finals, but to demonstrate we are actually a good side.

In a nutshell, yes.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: