Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down again - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand we need to provide rebound from defence but surely playing Seedsman on a wing would be better or even as a high half forward.

Seedsman like Lonie before him isn't strong defensively but has other weapons so I'd rather we just allow him to play with more freedom than trying to mould him into a player he's likely to never become.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:37 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I understand we need to provide rebound from defence but surely playing Seedsman on a wing would be better or even as a high half forward.

Seedsman like Lonie before him isn't strong defensively but has other weapons so I'd rather we just allow him to play with more freedom than trying to mould him into a player he's likely to never become.

he rotated through the wings.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:39 pm

courtza wrote:
Is it a club tactic to develop every draftee as a defender?

Every player should be a defender when the opposition has the ball. First rule I teach my kids!

Loving Varcoe, faz great marks, 2 nice goals, team kept on trying, even when they made some bloody awful mistakes (hello mr Seedsman!) good to have Marley back, troves best game on a while, Pendles looking more comfortable

The bad, seriously Bronx cheers for Jessie? He tried his heart out, $£$%^%%$ pathetic of the fans

Kids still need to work on skills under pressure

Oh and apparently, I'm a star, 3 friends saw me on the big screen, dang I missed it! But the big surprise, I wasn't swearing!

Cheers, Go Pies

(Still tracking ok for next year!)

courtza 

John Wren wrote:
courtza wrote:

if you cannot defend you have little place in today's afl.

I realize that but apart from Abbott are we developing anyone to play forward?
What'sinaname Libra

John Wren wrote:
courtza wrote:

if you cannot defend you have little place in today's afl.

If you don't score, you don't win

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Can't do nothing with this team...

If you wanna see this years Premiership contender watch the SYD v HAW game.

That's how you win games & flags not the pretenders we have running around the park at the moment.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:46 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Can't do nothing with this team...

If you wanna see this years Premiership contender watch the SYD v HAW game.

That's how you win games & flags not the pretenders we have running around the park at the moment.

True. Look at the Hawks and even Geelong and the Swans, you see teams that tasted premiership success and wanted more We seem to reach the pinnacle and then be content with that and then drift into nothingness for a while.

Hawks have had sustained success since 2011 - five years of being a genuine top 4 team and premiership contender.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Pretty sure Seed played on the wing at times tonight. Reality is no matter where he plays there will be times during a game when he'll experience a physical contest. Needs to learn to expect and absorb contact and either battle for a draw or get it off to another player. Actually thought Seed was unlucky to concede the free in the last. We'd laid 70 odd tackles and there were lots where the ball just bubbled out (generally to a Weagles player) that didn't attract frees.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:02 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Pretty sure Seed played on the wing at times tonight. Reality is no matter where he plays there will be times during a game when he'll experience a physical contest. Needs to learn to expect and absorb contact and either battle for a draw or get it off to another player. Actually thought Seed was unlucky to concede the free in the last. We'd laid 70 odd tackles and there were lots where the ball just bubbled out (generally to a Weagles player) that didn't attract frees.

After being on our list for about 4 seasons now, I think it's becoming obvious that Seedsman is not going to remain on our list for much longer. With his talent he should have cemented a spot in our best team by now, but as it is he's still pretty much a VFL player atm. That's just not good enough.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:08 pm

neil wrote:

Did any possession of Seedsman go to a Collingwood player?

Yes but the player was on the interchange at the time
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Seedsman, 5 years on the list.
Another gem by Hine.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Come on. He was taken at pick 70+
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Just looked it up - pick 76.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
A very meek, lame, soft, pathetic, heartless effort that.

Wow! I thought for three and a half quarters we really played well enough to steal a win. We didn't take our chances when they let us off the hook and that was the difference. We did learn a bit today though I reckon.
•Levi Greenwood is going to be very, very good for us. Ten months since his last AFL game, he played tough, smart footy.
•Williams was terrific today. He didn't rush his disposals, as he often did in the past, he waited and then used the openings and under great pressure used the ball superbly. Our best I thought.
•Frosty was good last year, but has got has stepped up again. Not only did he beat his man pointless, he ran hard to make contests and assist his teammates. A tough and smart footballer.
•Langdon was pretty solid too. No second year blues here.
•Tooves butchered it a bit today, but he makes up for it was total commitment and courage. Nobody else is stepping up to the plate to replace him anyhow.
•DeGoey is a player. Delivery into the forward line killed him today, but I just love his intensity around the ball.
•Travis Varcoe has absolutely amazed me. Is this the same guy who played for the Cats who I always thought was soft? I reckon he has taken his game to another level. Always a great user, but his pressure acts and work rate are magnificent.

OK, just a few positives there. Now to the things that need to be addressed; namely the forward line. Today was a bit of an aberration with both our leading goal kickers missing. Next week we'll be without them again so Bucks needs to get inventive. There's no obvious replacement for Jesse White, who was pretty ordinary again. Jesse got himself into good position often enough, but his soap-like hands dropped the ball every time. To be fair, the delivery was ordinary and he had Cloke's man to contend with as well. He wasn't the only forward who couldn't mark though. Jesse survives for now. Who replaces Cloke? Reckon Moore is the only option.

Kennedy and Seedsman played ordinary and pretty dumb footy today, but they get another game. Kennedy in particular, waited a long time for his chance and probably gets another crack. Seeds too, probably gets another game to show if he's actually got the smarts. Both players are on very dangerous ground though. I can't see either taking the next step to help us into our next phase.

Fasolo kicked a couple and was unlucky not to finish with three, but he just doesn't impact enough for mine. And this is nothing new; he always promises so much, but like Seedsman, fails to apply his skills consistently under pressure. Holds his spot though.

Two of the above were on my trade list at the end of 2014 and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. All three may well play cameos when the team is firing, but when we play the big teams, when the pressure is really on, they will disappoint with either decision making or skill application.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Just looked it up - pick 76.

Yes I do know strangely enough what pick he was.
But go back to the 2010 draft and you will see 13 players
taken that year in the national and rookie draft.
Not one has got anywhere. Except maybe Blair, but hey everybody knows
my opinion of that dud.
But remember Hine is a master of the rookie and national draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: