Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Season over

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Need 12 wins. Need 4 more wins. We can do it. Much harder with no Cloke but it will force us to experiment with our forward line and discover other avenues to goal which will be a good thing. Season is not over. Hang in there and keep supporting as it is obvious the players are giving great and sustained effort every week unlike the second half of the season last year.

There has been a maturing of some of our youngest talent and we have found a whole bunch of new players. We have to be patient. The results and the ladder confirm exactly where we are at. We have a stack of personnel changes still to come and then development of those new players for another season or more. Then we will see better execution, better decision making, better conversion and the ability to put scoreboard pressure on the best teams.

The players are now committed to sustaining their effort even when things aren't going our way. This was not a great ten days for our club. We lost Adams and then our most potent forwards. We also had no players return from injury when we thought they might. Our VFL team has only nine listed players in today. Just a crappy period. You can see the resilience building though. We are laying a strong foundation and still have a long way to go before we know who our best 22 is. We still haven't seen Scharenberg, Freeman or Marsh. It will be 2016 before we benefit from that talent. Greenwood will add much to this team. We are inexperienced and still experiementing and it shows.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:03 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
Next game is against the Western Bulldogs but we have to wait till Round 20 before we play Sydney and therefore everyone team at least once.

I think this ladder puts our season in a little bit more context. Whilst we have been more competitive against the top teams e.g. Hawthorn, we haven't been able to beat them.

This was meant to be a development year and in reality still is.

1 Fremantle -- LOST by 7
2 West Coast -- LOST by 31
3 Hawthorn -- LOST by 10
4 Sydney
5 Richmond -- LOST by 5
6 Bulldogs --
7 GWS Giants -- WON by 42
8 Collingwood
9 Nth Melbourne -- WON by 17
10 Adelaide -- LOST by 27
11 Geelong -- LOST by 41
12 Port Adelaide -- LOST by 3
13 St Kilda -- WON by 74
14 Essendon -- WON by 20
15 Melbourne -- WON by 25
16 Carlton -- WON by 75
17 Gold Coast -- WON by 69
18 Brisbane -- WON by 12

Not sure how much development there has been. We were a mid road team last year and this ladder suggests we're still a mid road team. Able to beat the bottom teams but can't beat the better ones.

Whilst we have been a bit inconsistent this season (to be expected from a young and inexperienced team), I would suggest that the development is obvious when you compare our results against the best teams last year to this year:

2014:

vs Dockers lost by 70 points
vs Hawks lost by 29 points
vs Hawks lost by 65 points

2015:

vs Dockers lost by 7 points (could have won)
vs Hawks lost by 10 points (should have won)

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:06 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Need 12 wins. Need 4 more wins. We can do it. Much harder with no Cloke but it will force us to experiment with our forward line and discover other avenues to goal which will be a good thing. Season is not over. Hang in there and keep supporting as it is obvious the players are giving great and sustained effort every week unlike the second half of the season last year.

There has been a maturing of some of our youngest talent and we have found a whole bunch of new players. We have to be patient. The results and the ladder confirm exactly where we are at. We have a stack of personnel changes still to come and then development of those new players for another season or more. Then we will see better execution, better decision making, better conversion and the ability to put scoreboard pressure on the best teams.

The players are now committed to sustaining their effort even when things aren't going our way. This was not a great ten days for our club. We lost Adams and then our most potent forwards. We also had no players return from injury when we thought they might. Our VFL team has only nine listed players in today. Just a crappy period. You can see the resilience building though. We are laying a strong foundation and still have a long way to go before we know who our best 22 is. We still haven't seen Scharenberg, Freeman or Marsh. It will be 2016 before we benefit from that talent. Greenwood will add much to this team. We are inexperienced and still experiementing and it shows.

Agree with all that except that is may well be 13 wins to make the eight. If 12 wins then percentage is almost certain to factor and our percentage has come back to the field.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Dont let the door hit yer arse on the way uut pal. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Bit of an overreaction to say season over. While we're not expected to play off in a Grand Final, there are 16 teams that will also miss out. This doesn't mean you pack it in and based on a tough month of footy that has only help build us a solid reputation. We have done nothing embarrassing in the past month.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

+1
tough month, the wins haven't been there but a great ride nevertheless!
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Season overReply with quote

woodys_world69 wrote:
Goodbye nicks.

See you in 2016

Ooroo
See ya

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Culprit wrote:
Before the Season Started many on here had us finishing outside the 8. Season Over? Laughing My view is If you can't make top four you need to finish as low as possible and use the system.

Keep blooding the kids and let's see what transpires.

I thought we would not make the 8 & finish about 12th.

I also think we should blood the kids & go for higher draft pick selection -especially if Cloke is going be out for a while.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Chat amongst yourselves.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Season overReply with quote

woodys_world69 wrote:
Goodbye nicks.

See you in 2016

Don't come back, bandwagoner.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Mossi wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

+1
tough month, the wins haven't been there but a great ride nevertheless!

Im enjoying the ride too, watching this very young developing team, its exciting, i actually have enjoyed the losses a bit, thats never happened to me before, of course id rather win, but i can see tremendous times for this young team in two or three seasons. Im pretty damn excited. Razz Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:36 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
A few interesting comments from Bucks's presser:

Kennedy showed a bit
Seedsman still trying to work out if he belongs at this level (a bit of a shot across the bow)
re structure with Cloke out for a few weeks - you replace a tall forward with a tall forward

Thanks MM. Actually like to see Kennedy and the Seed get a couple of games. Kennedy did show a bit, if he'd kicked that goal we'd probably rate his efforts higher. Seed always seems to take a couple to get back up to pace and yes I know he probably directly contributed to at least 3 of their goals.

Which one? He had several opportunities that should of been kicked, particularly in the closed stadium

Any of them.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:58 pm
Post subject: Not all of us can do as we would wish!Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
think positive wrote:
dancambo wrote:
Toovey should retire

So should some pathetic posters

A few in this thread

Collect your prickles on the way out the door guys

And you start going to the games then you can have a say. In the meantime, shut up. Armchair experts have no idea.

I would love to be at every game although my mobility and the fact I now live in Canberra puts too much pressure on too many people for me to achieve my goal. This is no excuse for not being there and yet I believe I played enough and went to most games possible when I lived in Melbourne. The real problem of watching the game on TV is it is impossible to view the game plan for want of a better term. The TV can't show what players are doing when the ball is lost and your 120 meters from the changeover, and therefore old players expect huge movement, and the surprise of seeing the opposition run through a non existent defence. I know Nathan Brown tries his best but he will not be in our next Premiership team, so let's bring in Scharenberg and Marsh into the backline as quickly as possible before we lose them.

Robbie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:58 pm
Post subject: Not all of us can do as we would wish!Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
think positive wrote:
dancambo wrote:
Toovey should retire

So should some pathetic posters

A few in this thread

Collect your prickles on the way out the door guys

And you start going to the games then you can have a say. In the meantime, shut up. Armchair experts have no idea.

I would love to be at every game although my mobility and the fact I now live in Canberra puts too much pressure on too many people for me to achieve my goal. This is no excuse for not being there and yet I believe I played enough and went to most games possible when I lived in Melbourne. The real problem of watching the game on TV is it is impossible to view the game plan for want of a better term. The TV can't show what players are doing when the ball is lost and your 120 meters from the changeover, and therefore old players expect huge movement, and the surprise of seeing the opposition run through a non existent defence. I know Nathan Brown tries his best but he will not be in our next Premiership team, so let's bring in Scharenberg and Marsh into the backline as quickly as possible before we lose them.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:23 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:

Agree with all that except that is may well be 13 wins to make the eight. If 12 wins then percentage is almost certain to factor and our percentage has come back to the field.

no it hasn't. It is far superior to any team you might think it will matter against.

As you know, percentage doesn't matter, but it might actually help us to play a final this year). Having said that, it cant help us against Adelaide and Geelong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: