Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ICC @ MCG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:35 pm
Post subject: ICC @ MCGReply with quote

i am going to the as roma vs man city game. i get that real and man city are fairly big clubs but i have nfi about where roma sits in the scheme of things. can someone please advise.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I regard AS Roma as being the fourth biggest club in Italy behind Juventus and the two Milan teams (AC Milan and Inter Milan) if the major honours list is anything to go by but I always thought they were big before I saw the official trophy list for myself.

Last season in the Serie A, Roma actually finished second on the ladder so they're definitely a good side at the moment with a strong history of success behind the big three clubs of Italy.

In terms of notable players at the moment Francesco Totti stands out in this category for his loyalty and longevity with the one club. He's turning 39 in September but he's a club legend and regarded as the club's greatest player and Daniele De Rossi is very highly regarded for his loyalty with the club since he debuted with them in 2001! They also have former Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole playing for them at the moment, Brazilian right-back Maicon and former Arsenal striker Gervinho so they're a solid side but obviously not as strong as Real Madrid and Manchester City.

World club rankings have AS Roma listed at number 30 in the world with Real Madrid at number 2 and Manchester City at number 7 at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Italy_by_major_honours_won

http://footballdatabase.com/ranking/world/1

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 am

Where did they get them?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:31 am

Jezza wrote:
I regard AS Roma as being the fourth biggest club in Italy behind Juventus and the two Milan teams (AC Milan and Inter Milan) if the major honours list is anything to go by but I always thought they were big before I saw the official trophy list for myself.

Last season in the Serie A, Roma actually finished second on the ladder so they're definitely a good side at the moment with a strong history of success behind the big three clubs of Italy.

In terms of notable players at the moment Francesco Totti stands out in this category for his loyalty and longevity with the one club. He's turning 39 in September but he's a club legend and regarded as the club's greatest player and Daniele De Rossi is very highly regarded for his loyalty with the club since he debuted with them in 2001! They also have former Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole playing for them at the moment, Brazilian right-back Maicon and former Arsenal striker Gervinho so they're a solid side but obviously not as strong as Real Madrid and Manchester City.

World club rankings have AS Roma have listed at number 30 in the world with Real Madrid at number 2 and Manchester City at number 7 at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Italy_by_major_honours_won

http://footballdatabase.com/ranking/world/1

thanks jezza.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 am

No worries JW! I think all three matches will be entertaining to watch.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:33 am

John Wren wrote:
[quote="Jezza"]I regard AS Roma as being the fourth biggest club in Italy behind Juventus and the two Milan teams (AC Milan and Inter Milan) if the major honours list is anything to go by but I always thought they were big before I saw the official trophy list for myself.

World club rankings have AS Roma have listed at number 30 in the world with Real Madrid at number 2 and Manchester City at number 7 at the moment.

http://footballdatabase.com/ranking/world/1[/quote]

thanks jezza.
Where did they get them?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:07 am

The match between Real Madrid and Roma ended in a draw after 90 minutes with Roma winning on penalties 7-6.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/real-madrid-v-roma-serie-a-side-open-international-champions-cup-with-penalty-shootout-win-at-mcg/story-fni2wcjl-1227447068482

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:19 am

tonight turned out to be more entertaining than saturday night's game. man city won on penalties after a 2-2 draw. thankfully for city, joe hart saved two and kcked one of his own. approx. 41k attendance on top of the 81k for saturday's game. i suspect lots of complimentaries were handed out for tonight's game.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:27 am

I think the main event is on friday night they say 95 000 tickets have been sold
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:28 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
I think the main event is on friday night they say 95 000 tickets have been sold

yep. there only seems to be a limited number of restricted view seats left.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:01 pm

They got a crowd of 99382
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: