Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Prison welfare advocate "get over it"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
think positive wrote:
Who gives a shit what did it, it's a win.

Not sure why you think it's manufactured though, the mother put her story out there, once people heard they got pissed off enough to sign a petition, what's manufactured about that? Doesn't suit your agenda?

I don't see why it's a win. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly care whether or not this guy gets toast for breakfast, but I can guarantee you 100% that the original decision to alter his prison conditions was born out of a far more considered and rational process than the political decision to block it. When it comes to prisoner welfare, I think we could do with a great deal more common sense and a great deal less hysteria and knee-jerk populism.

I'm not at all questioning the motivations of the mother, either. But the majority of people who signed that petition followed the pied piper (ACA and its tabloid fellow travellers) all the way.

You give far to much credit to the judicial system, if they were that thoughtful we wouldn't have so many crims getting out and repeating their crimes.

As for the sheep, what a load of crap. Maybe they saw the story, and felt her pain, and agreed with her? Isn't that what journalism is for? Just because you don't agree with a story, doesn't mean it's a bad one. For someone who supposedly sits back and looks with out judging, you sure are harsh on people who disagree with your non judgemental view. I'm not a sheep, I've never just done something because everyone else did. By the way, since you hate such trivial sensational cringeworthy current affairs programs, have you even seen the story your pigeon holing the voters for?

Not that it probably matters greatly, but this was a purely administrative decision, not a judicial one.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
No worries:

Anyone who could enjoy even contemplating doing something like that (the torture methods in your link) to another human being has a sick mind.

Really? No love for crucifixion? (First door on the left, 1 cross each)

I thought it was a pretty poor list. Several of them don't even qualify as torture, guillotine for example.

And they missed several really nasty ways to mess with people.

Keel Hauling for example would make you think twice.

Drawing and Quartering was also nasty.

One of the more sadistic ones I ever read of was an old Chinese one where someone was captured and imprisoned for whatever crimes and told that they would be killed by repeat amputations over a period of time. The guards would come to the prisoner one evening and ask him to choose the limb that was to be amputated. Before the guards coming in though, someone else would sneak in and tell the prisoner that help was coming they were going to be rescued soon, just hang in there. So with hope, the prisoner would pick the limb they thought they could least do without, usually their non dominant hand.

Next morning that was chopped off, the stump treated with hot pitch and the prisoner left for a few days to recover from the shock. Then the process would repeat. Only the very very strong survived 4 amputations before finally being put to death by beheading.

Oh, and you forgot to say "In your opinion".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: